Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe your Bible?
Whose interpretation?

Do you believe what a scientist says and thinks?
I judge that from the science I know and/or what the scientific consensus shows, not the individual. How about you?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So, how does the young earth vs a old earth fit in?

He thinks that anybody who isn't a YEC doesn't believe the Bible. Which implies that some famous names, who are theologically conservative by anybody's standards, do not believe the Bible. Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield, for instance.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
He thinks that anybody who isn't a YEC doesn't believe the Bible. Which implies that some famous names, who are theologically conservative by anybody's standards, do not believe the Bible. Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield, for instance.
If that is the case, then such a discussion belongs in an apologetics forum, not one of the science discussion forums, and I will waste little time getting a moderator involved if that is the way it progresses.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you believe your Bible?
Yes.
ElxDalto said:
Do you believe what a scientist says and thinks?
Not always.

As to this thread title:

The earth is as old as it is and was created 6019 years ago.

Upvote 0

ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For anyone concerned. Im very curious about other peoples opinion on this subject. The fact of the matter is the Earth isn't 4.4 billion years old, macroevolution has been considered fact (when its not), and theres lots off Christians that believe Noah's flood was local not global to fit their personal views.

Whats so wrong with taking everything in the Bible as fact? Giants, global flood, angels... its really not farfetched in my opinion and i want other peoples input on what their views are.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For anyone concerned. Im very curious about other peoples opinion on this subject. The fact of the matter is the Earth isn't 4.4 billion years old, macroevolution has been considered fact (when its not), and theres lots off Christians that believe Noah's flood was local not global to fit their personal views.

Whats so wrong with taking everything in the Bible as fact? Giants, global flood, angels... its really not farfetched in my opinion and i want other peoples input on what their views are.
Welcome to CF, my friend! :wave:

Upvote 0

ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If that is the case, then such a discussion belongs in an apologetics forum, not one of the science discussion forums, and I will waste little time getting a moderator involved if that is the way it progresses.

Why can't this be here? Im looking for scientific evidence that support your personal views. Why be a tool?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why can't this be here? Im looking for scientific evidence that support your personal views. Why be a tool?
Some people believe that here in P&LS and C&E, only things that can be demonstrated with science deserve airtime.

Anything else can take a hike.

Upvote 0

ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some people believe that here in P&LS and C&E, only things that can be demonstrated with science deserve airtime.

Anything else can take a hike.

Amazing how people just split hairs whenever they get the chance... but hey its a free internet.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... its really not farfetched in my opinion and i want other peoples input on what their views are.
I believe it that many things in the Bible cannot be taken literally while maintaining a respect for the truth.

Certainly, the Earth is not 10,000 years old; it is billions of years old.

And a talking snake?

Please.

It's as if the YEC crowd thinks that poetic device (e.g. creation myth, allegory) were unknown to the writers of scripture.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.