1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young Adult Fellowship Activities?

Discussion in 'Young Adults' started by AveMaria, Nov 4, 2004.

1. AveMaria

AveMaria Anglo-Catholic Tat Queen

Faith:
    Anglican
    Anyone part of a young adults' fellowship group? What sorts of activities do y'all do? What's worked, what hasn't?

We're trying to plan the next few months' worth of activities for my group, and put together a budget request, and I'd love any ideas for activities that have worked for others!

2. flounder7786

flounder7786 Guest

well at our church we do stuff like going bowling, a night hike, we go out to lunch every sunday and wednesday...paid for by us...we also do things like retreats and trips to Cali. for the weekend...if there is a concert or something, we'll all go...thats about it

3. LegomasterJC

LegomasterJC New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Heh. In our age group anywhere we can go with free food is inticing. I like just having home group settings where you can talk and worship and food too.

4. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    We go over to each other's houses and hang out. We watch movies, play PS2 or the classic NES, card games, board games, etc. Night hikes and road trips are good, too.

5. VanillaRose

VanillaRose New Member

Faith:
    Seventh-Day-Adventist
    Well our group just started at our church. We've done bowling. bonfires...we're going to have a banquet in december. Oh and a 50's night.

6. Blaze1248

Blaze1248 New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Well....after watching that Dodgeball movie...I've been itching to get back and play a huge game of that...heh...

7. LegomasterJC

LegomasterJC New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Games are fun...
    Laying on the floor face down before the Lord, hearing his voice, worshiping, sharing with others, seeing angels, recieving healing and revelation... WOW
    That tips the scale on fun.

8. fishstix

fishstix Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Christian
    Paintball, capture the flag (at night with glowsticks), bowling, rock wall climbing, swimming, movie nights.

9. renaistre

renaistre The mountains are calling...

Faith:
    Christian
    Volleyball! It has to be volleyball. :D

This semester at my church we have a once-a-week prayer/devotion time and then set up the net for a game or two.

10. fiveinjuly

fiveinjuly Guest

I wish that there was something like that at my church. There might be, I'm not quite sure, but I don't think that there is.

11. BaptistboyforJesus

BaptistboyforJesus New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: Volleyball of course, even though I'm in another exercise group:D !

Lazer Tag is the bomb!!!;) ;)
    One of my friends is trying to start a comedy/drama group for our Young Adult Praise Worship Night and maybe expanding it to the local homeless mission or
    retirement homes. I hope it goes well.

Maybe that can give you more ideas!:amen:

12. chanis

chanis "scru mpt rule cent ...&a

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    we have bonfires, do dinner, movies, bowling, and hang out at someone's house...we have activities through out the month to get to know each other and it's a lot of fun. Since we've been doing more activities our group has been growing closer together...

13. renaistre

renaistre The mountains are calling...

Faith:
    Christian
    Anyone who knows me in "real life" has already gotten sick of hearing about this, but I'm in the process of designing a new laser tag system from the gound up with my cousin and a few of his friends. We are to the point that we are actually looking at testing the basic system this winter. I never thought about using it as a church group activity though. I like it. :clap:

14. Ginsu

Ginsu Professional Garden Gnome Placement Manager

Faith:
    Christian
    yeah I'd suggest lazer tag also. our youth used to go play that every now and then... everyone had a blast. Paintball is unbelivelby fun too, but I'd suggest it for more of the older crowd, the 16 and up.

15. SOLDOUT4HIM

SOLDOUT4HIM Guest

LMJC,
    Nice. That would b awesome. Our YA group is kinda lame.

16. Shinori

Shinori Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    I heard alot of bad things and my favorite card game Yugioh I don't think christians should play it but before I found out I absolutely loved it and.... I still do.... Would I not be Gods child if I went back to it? It was my favorite hobby =(

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013