sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Umm. Is 36 very young?

If following a sport is a prerequisite for being a true Aussie, I'm afraid I never assimilated!

Some sports figures are more than just players. Adam is one of those. He retired in 2008. He is famous for his accomplishments and more famous for his sportsmanship.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I recognised the name, but couldn't have told you what sport he played or what he was famous for.

He is a wicket keeper. Cricket, one of the few sports where there is still at least lip service to not trying to get away with things just because the officials got it wrong. Well more than lip service in his case, Adam Gilchrest has walked off in full international matches when called safe because he was in fact out.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hey I'm a big Gilchrist fan. He was as destructive a batsman as Dave Warner and Matthew Hayden, without the attitude, hype or motor mouth. He was an excellent role-model for young cricketers. So low key. Never drew attention to himself like Shane Warne still does. In fact Shane Warne is the perfect example of how not to behave. Gilchrist has got class. Warne hasn't.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You might be a liberal if this is in your book collection:
41ghb8ca1WL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

:)

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You might be a liberal if this is in your book collection:
41ghb8ca1WL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

:)
I have it and even know where it is. Not sure how much it says as I have a rather eclectic collection of books. If one were to try to make too much of what books I have the most likely conclusion would be multiple personality disorder.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have it and even know where it is. Not sure how much it says as I have a rather eclectic collection of books. If one were to try to make too much of what books I have the most likely conclusion would be multiple personality disorder.

Haha. I have a rather eclectic collection as well, and my last checkout from the library for leisure reads bounces around the range from a book about the war against Hitler's U-boats, a YA bestseller, a magical-historical novel about sin, an autobiography of Sara Bareilles, and a new one about Kierkegaard. Still, I think what you choose to read is a reflection of what you're willing to open your mind to and explore. There are people who would not only refuse to read a book titled Jesus Was a Liberal: Reclaiming Christianity for All, and judge it by the cover, they'd be outraged by it.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Haha. I have a rather eclectic collection as well, and my last checkout from the library for leisure reads bounces around the range from a book about the war against Hitler's U-boats, a YA bestseller, a magical-historical novel about sin, an autobiography of Sara Bareilles, and a new one about Kierkegaard. Still, I think what you choose to read is a reflection of what you're willing to open your mind to and explore. There are people who would not only refuse to read a book titled Jesus Was a Liberal: Reclaiming Christianity for All, and judge it by the cover, they'd be outraged by it.

Since my copy was out and near the desk (actually because I quoted or referenced a short passage here) I decided to put it right next to the computer and put my copy of The War Prayer on top of it. The cover will not offend, the total of 2 pages worth of text will. But I don't care since I'm a lunatic (Though not tall and thin enough to be a part of the story).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I drive a Mustang
I am an omnivore
I listen to "geek" documentaries while doing my lesson plans (I'm currently an instructor at a local school)
My book collection ranges from The Evangelical Dictionary of Theology to Digital Apollo.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am also very partial to Phil Ochs! Listen to NPR, Sirius progressive radio and MSNBC (I finally relented and signed up for Sirius again--but a 7 month Lenten sacrifice was pretty good...) I don't have a Prius, but my hubby drives a Sonic, and it's really energy efficient (he likes it, too). My daughter cooks with tofu more than I do, but I do have some good vegetarian recipes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
With all due to respect to America’s best comedian, Jeff Foxworthy:

If your idea of a classic car is a 1997 Prius, you just might be a liberal.

If you make your kid wear a helmet when he plays on a jungle gym, you just might be a liberal

If you scrunch up your face and wave your hand in front of your nose when you pass a smoker, you just might be a liberal.

If you have used the word “undocumented” as something other than a punch line for a joke, you just might be a liberal.

Upvote 0