The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then I'm in big trouble! ^_^ Most popular fiction bores me. And, I do love bookstores and libraries... Guilty pleasure: I'll read a book or two that has been challenged or banned just to see what the big deal is.
I have read the writings of all the theologians the CDF has gone after and all the specific books authored by Catholics they have proscribed in the past 50 years or so. Some go back to the 1800's. The irony is that I have all those dangerous and subversive books and authors on the shelves of a bastion of orthodoxy, a Catholic Seminary library....shhhh....don't let the bishop know...

I happened to read one book before the CDF issued its "warning" about the book and author. I found it fairly dry and dull and did not see anything real controversial...until the CDF was nice enough to point it out in detail.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just got a new bumper sticker for my Outback. ..it reads 'One World, One Game' between. a globe and a soccer ball.
The Outback is THE car for liberals, at least for the moment. College professors and students with money love them. My daughter is on the faculty of a Midwest university and, sure enough, that's what she bought last year.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Outback is THE car for liberals, at least for the moment. College professors and students with money love them. My daughter is on the faculty of a Midwest university and, sure enough, that's what she bought last year.

Seems like every car in my hometown of Missoula is either an Outback or a Forester (mom drives a Forester)

BTW, if you grew up in Missoula, Montana......

you just might be a liberal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
In Australia, you know you're a liberal, if:
(I) You adore Tim Minchin more than the munchkins of "The Wizard of Oz,"
but you routinely refer to Australia as "the land of Oz."
(2) You refuse to greet female strangers with "G'day Sheila."
You refuse this stereotyped address, even though you recognize the "Sheila" is the name of every other Aussie woman.
(3) You refuse to greet male strangers as "G'day mate" (viewing this as excessively parochial lingo [or should I say "dingo?"])
( 4) You refuse to join the masses in chanting "Aussie! Aussie! Aussie"" at international sports events involving Australia.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm hoping to replace my Outback with....a newer Outback this winter! I can get off the mountain and to work no matter what the weather in my trusty Outback with studded tires in the winter.

I was behind an Outback today. Arizona plates, but it had a 'Montana' bumper sticker.

Upvote 0