• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

You may have a number of mental illnesses

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

Just wanted to share the insight that you may have a number of mental illnesses or possibly a number of the same mental illness.

I couldn't rationalize my mental illness for some time and every time I thought I had succeeded it seemed like it only manifested on a deeper level. What was the reason for this? Well, I had a couple of instances of the same problem! This meant I had to do exponentially more to manifest any kind of stability and just addressing one instance of the problem was only ever scratching the surface.

So learn to meditate. If you can be still enough to recognize one instance of a problem and you are wise enough not to believe that is the only problem (such wisdom is difficult, do not be mistaken - let the reader observe), you may learn to get a deeper level of stability that you had not known was possible before. Just talking about a problem, is not likely to give you this level of insight, but of course, I cannot force you to meditate or write or something equivalent (I only say this because the heartache I have been through makes it clear to me how unbearable it is not to have the insight that things like meditation afford).

Last edited:

Floyd20

Aug 3, 2014
Burnaby, British Columbia
✟15,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Greens
Co-morbidity is more than one mental illness together. Concurrent disorder(s) is substance use challenges with a mental disorder. I do not know about DSM 5. I guess that, usually, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder to not happen together -- the diagnosis would rather be schizoaffective disorder. So some illnesses do not happen together and others may happen together.

There are also "barriers to employment" and there may be multiple such barriers that make life difficult.

It just may take longer to recover or longer to grow to maturity. When you do recover or grow to maturity, then, you shall have added experience or character which leads to hope and love (Romans 5: 1 - 5).

I do not know whether it is exactly Scriptural, but, if we have broken hearts and God is in our hearts, then, He can get out to help others more easily. We are to be sincere and we are to hold and guard the Gospel. But we also may have our hearts broken for a world in need. Broken minds may be part of this. We still need to grow to maturity in Him.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi there,

Just wanted to share the insight that you may have a number of mental illnesses or possible a number of the same mental illness.

I couldn't rationalize my mental illness for some time and every time I thought I had succeeded it seemed like it only manifested on a deeper level. What was the reason for this? Well, I had a couple of instances of the same problem! This meant I had to do exponentially more to manifest any kind of stability and just addressing one instance of the problem was only ever scratching the surface.

So learn to meditate. If you can be still enough to recognize one instance of a problem and you are wise enough not to believe that is the only problem (such wisdom is difficult, do not be mistaken - let the reader observe), you may learn to get a deeper level of stability that you had not known was possible before. Just talking about a problem, is not likely to give you this level of insight, but of course, I cannot force you to meditate or write or something equivalent (I only say this because the heartache I have been through makes it clear to me how unbearable it is not to have the insight that things like meditation afford).
You sound completely different here than in your more recent posts. Why is this? What has happened to disturb your thought process? Are you alright right now?

Upvote 0

Sal1981

Feb 14, 2007
✟15,897.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I've "practiced", if you can call it that, a form of meditation called Mindfulness since I became ill in 2008. If you can find 5-10 minutes of the day for a Mindfulness routine, I recommend reading up on it. Has helped me plenty and made me more aware of my own illness and the mental processes involved in thinking, feeling and overall sensation.

Well, that and mediocre medication keeps me ... functional.

Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi there,

Just wanted to share the insight that you may have a number of mental illnesses or possibly a number of the same mental illness.

No, no, no! Don't meditate ! Please! Don't! That goes against the bible. It's not a wise idea at all for anyone!

Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I've "practiced", if you can call it that, a form of meditation called Mindfulness since I became ill in 2008. If you can find 5-10 minutes of the day for a Mindfulness routine, I recommend reading up on it. Has helped me plenty and made me more aware of my own illness and the mental processes involved in thinking, feeling and overall sensation.

Well, that and mediocre medication keeps me ... functional.
Sal, I'm in no way being disrespectful to you in any way shape or form. I just want so say that meditation is NOT good! It's not biblical at all! It's just not wise. Plz don't take this the wrong way.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, no, no! Don't meditate ! Please! Don't! That goes against the bible. It's not a wise idea at all for anyone!
I guess it depends on what sort of meditation or thinking. If its mysticism in order to empty one's mind and let unseen forces fill it with all sorts of strange ideas, then no indeed.

If it means meditating profitably on the Scriptures (a very different sense of the word, of course), then it's good.

Blessings.

Reactions: sunsurfkdt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have schizoaffective bi-polar type and alcoholism life is hard. Me I rather just meditate on God's word be still and know I'm God that's meditation also.
Nice name! I like it! Whats strange is if you go to my profile and look at my favorite quotes in the Bible. Freaky!!

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have schizoaffective bi-polar type and alcoholism life is hard. Me I rather just meditate on God's word be still and know I'm God that's meditation also.
What really troubles me is the last time this member was on this forum and his last posts are very disorganized. I hope hes ok....

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jaxxi I haven't been okay I have been halucinating with eyes open and closed you would believe what I saw. but know my faith is even stronger I'm truly blessed.
Oh friend Ive been worried about you. You can message me on here its cool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jaxis

Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2016
Michigan
✟53,030.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how to message Jaxxi. When I'm in a episode starts with depression then mania mix of mania and psychosis then just psychosis. Well psychosis is scary I hear evil voices and evil visions eyes open and closed why because I'm under demonic attack. I have had some good visions and good voices but mostly bad. Acts 2:17 Is backing me up on this. Yesterday they finallythe doctors told me I have fibromaligia in a lot of pain but I'm not gonna let that get me down. I'm grateful for my thorns in my flesh it has help me build strong faith. I admit I had evil voices today and some good too the evil I say I rebuke you in Jesus Name or I release you and die in Jesus Name this must be done every time. I'm using Spiritual Warfare these evil Spirits are scared of the Name of Jesus. I will always have these two thorns in my flesh cause God made me that way He carved me in my mother's womb I was beautifully and wonderfully made. I feel really bad for the mentally ill who aren't Christian I pray for them I used to be one of them demonic possesed it dose happen. Thank you Jesus for everything you have done for me.

Upvote 0