You know you're a Seventh-day Adventist if . . . .

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟8,213.00
Faith
Christian
See! That's what I'm talking 'bout! LOL!!!

. . . You believe that keeping the sabbath is important, but do not necessarily keep it exactly as God commanded Israelites to keep it. You don't necessarily have a working definition of how the sabbath is to be kept.

BFA

Upvote 0

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not unique to Seventh-Day Adventist.
Princessdi,

Yes, that is true.

Sabbath (as in 7th day) is not unique to SdAs.

Without stopping and doing research, the thought is upon me that none of the FBs are unique to SdAs.

Every group is organized through an "inspired" leader. Every group is organized because they are more spiritual (remnant) than the group(s) from which they came. Those who are not part of an organized group are like the Amorites. This is my present status. I am not recommending this as the ideal.

If you believe one or more of the FBs are unique to SdAs, let me know so I can consider it. While not following the FBs of the SdAs in their outward meaning, I am not advocating against them. They are good for those who the Lord binds, and they are useful for a little while.

1 Tim 4:8
8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
KJV

Dan 11:34
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: KJV

Matt 11:3
3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? KJV

Joe

Upvote 0

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟8,213.00
Faith
Christian
When GC requires 24/7 access for the pastors, it also meant that they frowned upon them working any other jobs to supplement their income. If they are parttime, that restriction does not apply. Depending on where you live a lot of pastors cannot afford to be fulltime pastors on the salary paid by the church. This way they can do the ministry they love and support their families in relative comfort.

Amazing - now they pay them less and your happy. Bet the requirements are the same.

Upvote 0

Byfaithalone1

The gospel is Jesus Christ!
May 3, 2007
✟11,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When GC requires 24/7 access for the pastors, it also meant that they frowned upon them working any other jobs to supplement their income. If they are parttime, that restriction does not apply. Depending on where you live a lot of pastors cannot afford to be fulltime pastors on the salary paid by the church. This way they can do the ministry they love and support their families in relative comfort.

That's an interesting point. I have not considered it from that perspective before.

BFA

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. . . You believe that music containing drums is for the drive home from church and not for corporate worship.

BFA

P.S. This one is applicable in circles inside and outside SDAism.
BFA,

That would be a loss of Miriam's tambourine music.

What about those drums in the symphony? Drums are drums.

Yes, it is sorrowful when hearts do not hear the Lord's voice through the drum as well as the ram's horn.

Drums are covered with skin, just like us.

Joe

Upvote 0

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. . . You aren't sure whether it's appropriate to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

BFA
BFA,

And do not understand that Paul was in bonds because of his preaching of the resurrection.

2 Tim 2:8-9
8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. KJV

No resurrection, no gospel. There is no full/pure celebration without the resurrection of Jesus.

Joe

Upvote 0

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree.

BFA
BFA,

The resurrection witnessed in Romans 6 clears the conscience and brings full victory over sin in the realm of thought and feeling. This is the washing of regeneration in the inner man.

Romans 8 makes it clear that the body is dead because of sin and that by the Spirit we should mortify our good works. The outer man is always perishing, while the inner man is renewed day by day.

1 John 2:1
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: KJV

Joe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟8,213.00
Faith
Christian
In the circles I traveled, there weren't fit for anything but calling demons, because that is what everybody on the African continent is doing when they play drums...calling demons. And you know that those demonistic drums beats leads to all that senuous, even more devilish dancing and gyrations, leading young(an some not so young) folks to sex, drugs, and rock and roll! Unbelievable!

BFA,

That would be a loss of Miriam's tambourine music.

What about those drums in the symphony? Drums are drums.

Yes, it is sorrowful when hearts do not hear the Lord's voice through the drum as well as the ram's horn.

Drums are covered with skin, just like us.

Joe

Upvote 0

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the circles I traveled, there weren't fit for anything but calling demons, because that is what everybody on the African continent is doing when they play drums...calling demons. And you know that those demonistic drums beats leads to all that senuous, even more devilish dancing and gyrations, leading young(an some not so young) folks to sex, drugs, and rock and roll! Unbelievable!
Princessdi,

Are you stating what you believe or what others around you believe?

Joe

Upvote 0

Alawishis

Sep 28, 2010
✟9,437.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

There are no evil instruments, that's a mistake that a lot of Christians make in an attempt to simplify things. Just like anything, the enemy perverts anything good to his own devices. Satan is especially devious when it comes to music. He well knows the power of music and is masterful in using it to manipulate people while they are unaware. As to what is good and what is not there are no easy rules. This is the difficulty. For me I always try to gauge how much the music is talking to my body rather than my soul. If the music has too much of a physical element I am very cautious.

Upvote 0

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟8,213.00
Faith
Christian
LOL!!! Sorry for the confusion. This is defintiely what other's believe. In fact, there have been articles written by "musicians of the church" regarding this every so often. I believe Psalm 150 wholeheartedly.

Princessdi,

Are you stating what you believe or what others around you believe?

Joe

Upvote 0