Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have very little interest in posting on a forum that won't have Geocajun or MissShelby as members. The other posters I enjoy reading most like MikeK and CosmicCharlie are probably on their way out, too. So, just do us all a favor and issue me a FSB ban now and I won't be tempted to come to this part of the site anymore.

Then you all can have your little Attila the Hun club free of we pesky reasonable people.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It used to be that you could voluntarily ban yourself and it counted for future bans, too.

I don't see a reference in the rules to it anymore though.

It is pretty easy to get yourself banned though- just start violating the profanity filter until they kick you out.

That is simple.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I got an e-mail.

An across the internet e-mail not affiliated with CF in anyway.

From

someone

with an attachment

documenting

something.

I've been over on HIP forums. (that www.hipforums.com if anyone cares)

discussing the history of Deadhead lore.

So I've been, you know, a little goofed up.

The e-mail was a real buzz kill.

No one should be nicked for telling the truth.

(Least of all me)

I ramble.

I'm sorry.

I want 4 weeks of FSB too.

Deal me in.

Anyone with me ?

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But you don't have a moral issue to stand on the bans you are talking about, what is at issue is the individual behavior of those that were banned.

What a lot of folks of more conservative leanings don't understand, simply because it's not generally part of their ideology, is that for many liberals and moderates, unjust enforcement of the law is a moral issue. Uneven enforcement of the law is also a moral issue. Ignoring the law to "punish" people is also a moral issue. That's why you see all of those protests over police crackdowns in urban areas and so many people upset over the treatment of prisoners, or people who are not told they have a right to remain silent, things like why you get a difference sentence for powder vs crack cocaine, and so forth.

Another moral issue for liberals is free speech. Obviously a forum needs some reasonable restrictions, but what we have here crosses a line.

Now, obviously, this is a small matter, because, you know, it's just some message forum somewhere. It is nothing compared to the real problems along these lines in the world, which impact people's liberty and so forth. But the principle of the thing is similar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As long as Davidnic is a moderator here, I know that everything behind the scenes is being handled fairly.

I know this for a fact because when the reports were opened to the reported he went to bat for me a number of times and I am sure that I would not even be here right now if it were not for him.

I know that he is not unfair or biased and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have to close this thread since it is talking about mod actions. Look...if you have a problem PM. If you disagree with a decision about you appeal. Let the system work. I urge you please, let it work.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.