Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
May I Asked how does the holy spirit in detail produce these works? I know we are to produce fruit. How in your own experience does he do this?

Ezekiel 36:26-27 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Talking to people these days they will say John 3:16, when you say you have to surrender to God and actually follow him they will argue. Just what is the person arguing, that no you don't have to surrender to God, that no you don't have to follow God. This is not what God tells us, in James 2 we learn faith with out works is dead. It's not a persons work but rather every saved person produce fruit from or by way of the Holy Spirit. So you must produce fruit Jesus said this over and over that vines which did not produce fruit would be cut off. Jesus said if any man follow after me let him take up his cross daily deny him self and follow me. I think people argue it because they want to say oh I believe Jesus is the son of God and I am going to heaven for that now i can live as I please. I get to be cruel to others or sin or act how ever i want because i believe. when that is not the case. The world church says repeat these words and you will go to Heaven. No where in the bible does it say that. It takes more than words. So what you get is a whole lot of people who say oh I am a Christian but do not know God or what it means to follow Him. You have to actually follow God to get to Heaven, you must surrender to Him. That means you must struggle to do what is right, to not sin, and love everyone, that is our cross Jesus spoke of. It is not a free pass to do what ever you want. When you get saved you agree your way is wrong and God is right and you will do your best to live by those Laws and Jesus paid your debt, but you must follow God. Why people argue against that I really don't understand I guess they do not understand God or truth but some pastor told them they were saved so they think nothing matters. It is not true.
Preach it, Bluelion! Preach it!
Here is a man that has not only read of these truths, but has lived it!!

Reactions: Bluelion
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The parable of the sower is interesting. In the second example, the people set out on the path, for they had received the word with joy. But when trials and persecutions came to them, because they had no true root they walked away.
In the third example, the people received the word and set out on the path, but they kept getting distracted from the path by the cares of this life. Jesus doesn't say these people walked away, or were cast out, but by continually being distracted from the path they never matured in the faith.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May I Asked how does the holy spirit in detail produce these works? I know we are to produce fruit. How in your own experience does he do this?

So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code(law) Rom 7:4-6

because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit Rom8:2-4

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law Gal5:22&23

The fruit of the spirit is the embodiment of how God wants us to live.

Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Q
So I must take it...that no one can share their experience....how I should have asked is how does your experience coincide with scripture....some people say the spirit made them....I just wanted to know how the spirit made them in detail....
Obediance comes by faith( rom1:5)
We are sanctified by the holy spirit( rom15:16)
I found in my own life when I looked to Jesus and trusted him I was secure with the father because he was my righteousness, I lived continually more in line with the biblical ideal. I didn't get anywhere when I by my own effort tried to attain a standard I saw in others when dressed in their Sunday best.
In other words, when I looked to Jesus, trusting he was my righteousness, and trusting him, not me to change myself the holy spirit was able to go to work if you like bringing me to live an evermore holy life by the fruits of the spirit being displayed I me.
I think the problem is, many rely on themselves to change themselves by their own effort, Paul was against such an attitude ( gal3:3)

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is the spirit some type of force that makes you do it?......
Well the holy spirit is Gods power on earth, I don't use the word force myself but that maybe just me.
Christ was led of the holy spirit and lived in the power of the holy spirit when he walked this earth( luke4:1&14)

I would say the christian is faced with the eternal struggle of man, flesh against spirit. If the christian is following after the holy spirit in the truth of the gospel message by looking to Christ and trusting him to change them, they cannot at the same time be looking to wilfully follow after the flesh. It is one or the other.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So I must take it...that no one can share their experience....how I should have asked is how does your experience coincide with scripture....some people say the spirit made them....I just wanted to know how the spirit made them in detail....
While I feel this is leading into something to argue about, i'll bite.

Your a Christian yet you don't understand the fruit of The Holy Spirit? Have you ever been in the right place at the right time with the right something a person needed and in your heart you felt give it to them, or help them, or do this, or see if they are ok. That is The Holy Spirit. That is the fruit. God put you there at the right time. I have also received this way. One time me and my wife had little money and no food we went to the store and standing in line we counted out our change when the guy behind us handed the cashier a 20 and said here take it out of this. That is God. I don't give people credit I give God credit and let Him assign credit to who He will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I feel this is leading into something to argue about, i'll bite.

Your a Christian yet you don't understand the fruit of The Holy Spirit? Have you ever been in the right place at the right time with the right something a person needed and in your heart you felt give it to them, or help them, or do this, or see if they are ok. That is The Holy Spirit. That is the fruit. God put you there at the right time. I have also received this way. One time me and my wife had little money and no food we went to the store and standing in line we counted out our change when the guy behind us handed the cashier a 20 and said here take it out of this. That is God. I don't give people credit I give God credit and let Him assign credit to who He will.
Don't know why you felt that....what is there to argue. I was just trying to understand if the holy spirit makes people do good which means no effort on their part...since they use scripture to explain their experience.....or if someone's was truly going to explain their experience...like how one comes to bear fruit....as maybe what I was looking for....an interactive relationship of abiding in him....and then the motivation behind the works is God...and how is this in detail...so I was looking for someone to go down the road through the example of a true experiences..and not just quoting a scripture that doesn't explain the process still left my head spinning....

So please don't respond- if it's causing dissension...There is always another place where I can ask a question...

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't know why you felt that....what is there to argue. I was just trying to understand if the holy spirit makes people do good which means no effort on their part...since they use scripture to explain their experience.....or if someone's was truly going to explain their experience...like how one comes to bear fruit....as maybe what I was looking for....an interactive relationship of abiding in him....and then the motivation behind the works is God...and how is this in detail...so I was looking for someone to go down the road through the example of a true experiences..and not just quoting a scripture that doesn't explain the process still left my head spinning....

So please don't respond- if it's causing dissension...There is always another place where I can ask a question...
Sometimes words and meaning are derived out of a box of doctrines that people see through. ....and It's usually how we also interpret what it means to be a Christian or bear fruit....what makes me love.....let's see my true answer is...I want to be more like Christ, because I want to expeience the blessings he has for me...If I do what he says I feel close.....now after saying this how does this coinside with a scripture..that states the holy spirit made me do it?..one may say we bear fruit because the spirit lives in us.......well pls explain this process corinth77777....my answer could be I can't cuz I don't really know....and I move on or..I share how my experience coincides with the scripture I used to explain it.....understanding these workings helps another to understand where one derived their understanding from...more in thinking about my answer is ...love begots love... Which to me the spirit would have to be a spirit of love..which is the motivating force behind continued good works that's combined with an interactive relationship....of. Me trusting God..by listening, doing what he says..then he does more...then his more make me want to do more......now let me see if I can find a scrit ture to go with my experience, Rather than for example: quote a scripture..that's states the spirit made me do it but I don't know exactly how.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes words and meaning are derived out of a box of doctrines that people see through. ....and It's usually how we also interpret what it means to be a Christian or bear fruit....what makes me love.....let's see my true answer is...I want to be more like Christ, because I want to expeience the blessings he has for me...If I do what he says I feel close.....now after saying this how does this coinside with a scripture..that states the holy spirit made me do it?..one may say we bear fruit because the spirit lives in us.......well pls explain this process corinth77777....my answer could be I can't cuz I don't really know....and I move on or..I share how my experience coincides with the scripture I used to explain it.....understanding these workings helps another to understand where one derived their understanding from...more in thinking about my answer is ...love begots love... Which to me the spirit would have to be a spirit of love..which is the motivating force behind continued good works that's combined with an interactive relationship....of. Me trusting God..by listening, doing what he says..then he does more...then his more make me want to do more......now let me see if I can find a scrit ture to go with my experience, Rather than for example: quote a scripture..that's states the spirit made me do it but I don't know exactly how.

Please forgive me for being a bit stand offish but I can honest say after about what 3 years of being on this forum you are the first person to ask a question because you wanted to learn something and not because you already had your mind made up and were trying to start an argument about somethings. That is strange for a Christian site no? If you really want to learn i would be happy to share everything I have learned about God. I am in school to be a pastor. and have been for years.

1st people quote scripture is a very smart thing to do. They are pointing you back to God and not them self, they are making God the focus and not themselves. Also their words can never stand when challenged but God's words can. They want you to know what God says and not about this persons life, they want you to understand from God's word and not for a persons word. Often we battle using scripture it is the Sword of God. It is also Milk and Honey and Wine and Bread, water and also Meat.

Ok you seem knew to faith so lets start with how you feel God. God is love 1 john 4:8. When you feel love that is God. It is more than a feeling or emotion. Jesus is peace, though few have experienced that i believe. I did tTai Chi and other meditation and I thought I knew peace then Jesus came to me one day and filled me and I realize i had never felt peace before. I had felt Love God The Father, but not peace. I was saved at 6 so I had been saved for a long time when I felt this peace. When I was saved i felt love.

Another reason people quote scripture is because your suppose to check everyone who comes in the name of The Lord with God's Word. Paul said this. If they preach true to God's word they are from God if they preach something different they are not from God, but you have to know it.

How does The Holy Spirit work, right now He is working. I have no thoughts in my head, my heart is full of of Love and I wait. Then The Holy Spirit flash a Bible verse and I know the meaning behind that so i write which leads me to say other things that flash from love in my heart. Much of the time I am learning as I am writing. I am also in Heaven while this process goes on because all i feel is love, some times i feel love and anger and Love is battling it inside me, that is not so much fun. Unless it is righteous Anger which is when Jesus gets mad because I am not righteous, But some times He lets me know something some one said or Judged me or is doing made Him very mad. God is never mad at His children. God told us many time not to be anger at first with our brothers and sisters this is very bad but also with our enemies He says it does not produce the service to Him that He requires. So if we are not to be mad at our Brother or Sister in Christ God is never mad at us His children. God practices what He preaches.

The Holy Spirit made me do it. Ok true and Not true. The Holy Spirit does not really force anyone but His children to do anything. He makes suggestions or as the Bible says Calls, and His children Hear His voice and obey, sure we could say no but His children have already been down that road and don't care to again so we do it out of Love. Same way your Dad or Mom might have told you to do something as a kid and you did it, she or he did not take your hand and psychically make you do it, but you obeyed because you love them and because you knew you would be corrected if you disobeyed. It is kind of like that. Now who should get credit for the thing you did as a kid? If your Mom or dad never told you to do it you never would have done it, so they are responsible.So credit goes to your Dad or Mom. Same thing Credit goes to God, but God then takes and Gives credit back to us, which is called works, even though he set everything up and told us to do and helped us by telling us what to do and how to do it, He gives us credit. Fruit is us doing the task God laid before us withg his help, strength and telling us how and what to do.

How does God tell us what and How to do by feeling or some call a gut feeling or concise. That senses of what right and wrong is that is built into us which is God's law written in our very being because we are His creations. Same way and Idea pop in your head some come from God some from satan. Like that.
So works of The Holy Spirit work like that.

Hope That helps some.

Reactions: corinth77777
Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lol..as for arguing...it's ok to me to argue to get an answer..I do it with my self..when a scripture seems to mean diff things...But usually to derive at an answer..my dad as a compliment I hope says I have the ability to make people think.(him in particular) and all I'm trying to point out is...our relationship with God should help us to understand scripture. Not quoting scripture with hopes to have a relationship...if we can explain scripture through our relationship with God then we are truly living..because the word is to me an active living force. For it is what we believe about it that determines our behavior....And it is what we do with it that allows us to see God..not with physical eyes but our hearts..I know peace because he is peace..and I act in peace :) (sometimes)..is liken to the statement I think therefore I am.....anyway thanks for trying to understand...I'm growing..and whatevet I have...I want others to have to...in relation to peace and joy and things pertaining to the kingdom.

Reactions: Bluelion
Upvote 0