Not open for further replies.

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A blast from the past! One of my all time favorite Gospel movies ever!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6-44IwcTWk

Dig the fro man :D

We chuckle, but as a child, things like this provided the only presentation of Christ and His teaching that Moriah found attractive. Church certainly did not, far less the whole human system of abuse and oppression all human institutions seemed locked into providing tacit or overt support and affirmation unto.

Not until seeing this performed live at the age of 9 did Moriah even begin to think about God as anything other than a tool humans used to sanction their worst impulses.

Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think sometimes we don't ask, because we don't realize how much God wants to give good things to us. If we could see into His gracious and fatherly heart, and the wealth of the riches He has prepared for us!

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard the things God has prepared for them that love Him.:)

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The entire passage is
You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. ~James 4.3-4
It tells you in plain words why our prayers are not always answered the way we want them to—they are simply out of the will of God.

~Robin Banks

Sometimes it takes as much faith to let go as it does to hang on.

:thumbsup:
Plus, we don't beg God. He's not deaf, nor indifferent. If it appears He's not answering, He already has.

Reactions: THE OLD BUM
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Insofar as it invites and encourages people to ask for what they need? Definitely. Agreed. :thumbsup:

I don't know about that. The whole point of what Jesus was talking about was that we shouldn't have to ask for those things that we need because our Father in heaven is going to provide them for us.

Matthew 6:33, But seek first his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Jesus is talking about our basic needs here and if we seek first his kingdom and make that a priority, all the things we need, water, food, shelter, and clothes will be added to us without the need to ask of him.

Upvote 0

tm2cruz

Jesus Freak - Yeshua is my Best Friend
Nov 13, 2008
Canada
Visit site
✟15,834.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The entire passage is
You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. ~James 4.3-4
It tells you in plain words why our prayers are not always answered the way we want them to—they are simply out of the will of God.

~Robin Banks

Sometimes it takes as much faith to let go as it does to hang on.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.