Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah today is quiet at home for me, but tomorrow I am busy.

I love that play school song. My little girl likes the noise too. (whereas my son likes the quiet) Oh my little girl is still sleeping after I put her down at 11. So I am thinking it's time to go and make a bit more noise.

Upvote 0

saki

Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Gold Coast
✟9,829.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hey Neenie~!

I'm always around here! :) *WAVE*

I had a such a busy day... I woke up at 6ish and then went to see my new house because I'm moving on Sunday! So we were carpet hunting/shopping....so tired right now ... sighs . Early night tonight for me, but I have to get up very early in the morning tomorrow too! Sighs...

Upvote 0

KristyAnne

Veteran
Sep 17, 2005
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Visit site
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm here too :wave:

Hey Neenie- you know that song on Play School "I like noise, I like quiet"? We definitely relate to the "I like noise"

:D

Thanks, now that song is going to be stuck in my head ;)

My girls were great tonight, they were both asleep by 7pm. Yay, mummy time (I'm such a party animal, I may even stay up until 9pm :) )

I've tried to be really good this week with not eating junk food, but I love a nibble of something when the girls are asleep (you know, the stuff I tell them is no good and that you shouldn't eat). So now, I have the craving, but I deliberately didn't buy anything in an effort to be good. *Contemplates having breakfast cereal to fill the void*

Kristy

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes Kristy - I like a bit of cereal in a mug with a bit of milk. Very nice healthy snack.

I probably should be doing the dishes right now. We had play group this morning. Em came back covered in watermelon but it was still fun. I "suspect" she is asleep now as there is no noise coming from her room. So she is probably sleeping. Then it's school pick up, husband pick up (I'm a taxi driver lol) then it's the WEEKEND. Yippee.

Upvote 0

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've tried to be really good this week with not eating junk food, but I love a nibble of something when the girls are asleep (you know, the stuff I tell them is no good and that you shouldn't eat). So now, I have the craving, but I deliberately didn't buy anything in an effort to be good. *Contemplates having breakfast cereal to fill the void*

Kristy

Yeah, we do that too :sorry: I was saying something to a friend one day about needing to eat healthier. She was like :eek: "how could you eat any healthier". Me: "oh well, during the day is one thing, but it's the chips after the children are in bed that's the worry" ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, we do that too :sorry: I was saying something to a friend one day about needing to eat healthier. She was like :eek: "how could you eat any healthier". Me: "oh well, during the day is one thing, but it's the chips after the children are in bed that's the worry" ^_^

Yeah me too.

I'm trying to stick to diet jelly (Coles does a nice one, which is actually nicer than Aeroplane) and low fat yoghurt.

Most nights it works. Otherwise there are always rice crackers. Fantastic does a nice one called Honey Baked Ham. It's all good, but I have to hide them from dh, becuase they are pretty expensive (well not really but compared to the price for chips they are)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How's everyone's Monday going?

I am hoping it's going to rain tonight, because we desperately need it.

It's hot and dry today, 31C, there is a bit of a wind but it's a hot wind.

I went out and checked my seeds (I put some zucchinis in a a few weeks ago and they have just started popping up) and a snail has already gotten in and killed one of them. So cranky. I don't want to put snail killer around because of the kids.

Upvote 0

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Currently 34 degrees here in Western Sydney. :cool:

For snails- I tend to do late night or early morning raids to pick them off by hand.

Or you could get a pet duck- they love to eat them and make great pets.

Apparently beer attracts and then drowns snails. Here is one method I found online:

• get a plastic bottle, cut a flap on either side and fold them down, like a ramp into the bottle.
  • put some beer in the bottle, leave the lid on to keep the rain out
  • bury the bottom of the bottle in the garden, so the snails will crawl up the ramp, into the beer and drown.
Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yup we definitely need rain. Theres a large fire on the northsideor Brisbane atm...actually I don't know how large the fire is; but there is a lot of smoke.

Has anyone been watching the news RE; the awful events involving youth on the Sunshine Coast? Theres been like 3 incidents in the past couple of months, including most recently the murder of a young man (apparently over a spilt drink at a nightclub)

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How's everyone's Monday going?

I am hoping it's going to rain tonight, because we desperately need it.

It's hot and dry today, 31C, there is a bit of a wind but it's a hot wind.

I went out and checked my seeds (I put some zucchinis in a a few weeks ago and they have just started popping up) and a snail has already gotten in and killed one of them. So cranky. I don't want to put snail killer around because of the kids.
Oh yes, snails love beer very much. Just a saucer will do beside your plants with beer. It's a waste of good beer - but it helps. And you are right, don't use any chemicals, good on you.

Upvote 0