Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
There are 3 major timeline events associated with the Ancient Jewish Wedding. They are the Contract, Consummation and Celebration.

In the Contract, there is the bride price.

Peter 1:18 knowing that you were redeemed from your futile way of life inherited from your fathers, not with what is corruptible, silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Messiah, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless,

The custom was the Father of the Son brings a dowry of a high price to the father of the bride to be. Upon acceptance by both parties, the contract was sealed.

2 Cor 11:2 For I am jealous for you with a jealousy according to Elohim. For I gave you in marriage to one husband, to present you as an innocent maiden to Messiah.

With this contract acceptance, the bride-to-be drinks from the cup filled with wine or grape juice.

1 Cor 11:25 In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the renewed covenant in My blood. As often as you drink it, do this in remembrance of Me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the death of the Master until He comes.

Once she drinks from the cup, it indicates that she has accepted his offer and they are in a legal binding agreement as bride and groom.

It would have been at that point that He would have begun to prepare a place for Himself and His Bride to live. Which Yeshua said that He had gone to do.

John 14:2 “In My Father’s house are many staying places. And if not, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I shall come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, you might be too.

One of the restraints that can hold up the actual wedding itself is the job of getting the home ready. The Father has to inspect it and give approval before the wedding day can proceed. It is often said that the Bridegroom, when asked, "when is the wedding date?" Yeshua gave the Bridegroom answer.

Matt 24:36 No man knows the day or the hour, but only my Father in Heaven.

This prophecy is also a reflection of The Feast of Trumpets as it was a traditional custom for the High Priest to say, “No man knows the day or the hour.” because of the need for two witnesses to announce the time to start. When the Father gives the word, it is at that time, there would be a procession led by the bridegroom and his friends would head over to where His bride lives to get her. The processional wedding party would start with the sounding of the shofar for the bride to go out to meet the Bridegroom.

1 Thess 4:14 For if we believe that יהושע died and rose again, so also Elohim shall bring with Him those who sleep 15 this we say to you by the word of the Master, that we, the living who are left over at the coming of the Master shall in no way go before those who are asleep. 16 Because the Master Himself shall come down from heaven with a shout, with the voice of a chief messenger, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Messiah shall rise first. 17 Then we, the living who are left over, shall be caught away together with them in the clouds to meet the Master in the air – and so we shall always be with the Master.

Another connection is the fact that Yom Kippur is all about the atonement. THE AT-ONE-MENT as I call it. With the Father officiating, Yeshua and His Bride are joined together for all time.

Revelation 19:7
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen [wedding gown], clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Now the Bride may present herself spotless before the groom.And the bride says “Herein is our love made perfect, that I may have boldness in the Day of Judgment: because as he is, so am I in this world.”

Remember also the parable Yeshua use to describe how there will be those who would not be made aware of the times of His second coming and will miss this moment. We know He will do according to His Mo'edims.

Matt 25:1 “Then the reign of the heavens shall be compared to ten maidens who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. .... 5 Now while the bridegroom took time, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard, ‘See, the bridegroom is coming, go out to meet him!’

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I found something interesting. The final step in the Jewish wedding tradition is called nissuin (to take), a word that comes from naso, which means to lift up. That happens when the Groom gathers up His Bride in His arms and carries her home.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Judges 14:10 So his father went down unto the woman: and Samson made there a feast; for so used the young men to do.11 And it came to pass, when they saw him, that they brought thirty companions to be with him.12 And Samson said unto them, I will now put forth a riddle unto you: if ye can certainly declare it me within the seven days of the feast, and find it out, then I will give you thirty sheets and thirty change of garments:

This part reminds me of the Sukkot. In ancient times, the wedding feast probably included seven full days of food, music, dancing and celebrations. What I understand is that even today Orthodox Jews do keep to the tradition of Sheva Brachot and celebrate after the wedding for seven nights, with friends and family hosting festive meals in honor of the bride and groom.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There are 3 major timeline events associated with the Ancient Jewish Wedding. They are the Contract, Consummation and Celebration.

In the Contract, there is the bride price.

Peter 1:18 knowing that you were redeemed from your futile way of life inherited from your fathers, not with what is corruptible, silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Messiah, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless,

The custom was the Father of the Son brings a dowry of a high price to the father of the bride to be. Upon acceptance by both parties, the contract was sealed.

2 Cor 11:2 For I am jealous for you with a jealousy according to Elohim. For I gave you in marriage to one husband, to present you as an innocent maiden to Messiah.

With this contract acceptance, the bride-to-be drinks from the cup filled with wine or grape juice.

1 Cor 11:25 In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the renewed covenant in My blood. As often as you drink it, do this in remembrance of Me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the death of the Master until He comes.

Once she drinks from the cup, it indicates that she has accepted his offer and they are in a legal binding agreement as bride and groom.

It would have been at that point that He would have begun to prepare a place for Himself and His Bride to live. Which Yeshua said that He had gone to do.

John 14:2 “In My Father’s house are many staying places. And if not, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I shall come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, you might be too.

One of the restraints that can hold up the actual wedding itself is the job of getting the home ready. The Father has to inspect it and give approval before the wedding day can proceed. It is often said that the Bridegroom, when asked, "when is the wedding date?" Yeshua gave the Bridegroom answer.

Matt 24:36 No man knows the day or the hour, but only my Father in Heaven.

This prophecy is also a reflection of The Feast of Trumpets as it was a traditional custom for the High Priest to say, “No man knows the day or the hour.” because of the need for two witnesses to announce the time to start. When the Father gives the word, it is at that time, there would be a procession led by the bridegroom and his friends would head over to where His bride lives to get her. The processional wedding party would start with the sounding of the shofar for the bride to go out to meet the Bridegroom.

1 Thess 4:14 For if we believe that יהושע died and rose again, so also Elohim shall bring with Him those who sleep 15 this we say to you by the word of the Master, that we, the living who are left over at the coming of the Master shall in no way go before those who are asleep. 16 Because the Master Himself shall come down from heaven with a shout, with the voice of a chief messenger, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Messiah shall rise first. 17 Then we, the living who are left over, shall be caught away together with them in the clouds to meet the Master in the air – and so we shall always be with the Master.

Another connection is the fact that Yom Kippur is all about the atonement. THE AT-ONE-MENT as I call it. With the Father officiating, Yeshua and His Bride are joined together for all time.

Revelation 19:7
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen [wedding gown], clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Now the Bride may present herself spotless before the groom.And the bride says “Herein is our love made perfect, that I may have boldness in the Day of Judgment: because as he is, so am I in this world.”

Remember also the parable Yeshua use to describe how there will be those who would not be made aware of the times of His second coming and will miss this moment. We know He will do according to His Mo'edims.

Matt 25:1 “Then the reign of the heavens shall be compared to ten maidens who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. .... 5 Now while the bridegroom took time, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard, ‘See, the bridegroom is coming, go out to meet him!’

This is fascinating material and yes............ this is exactly perfectly on topic!!!!!!

This is exactly why I feel there could well be some sort of Rapture....... separate from the Second Coming...... associated with Yom Kippur????

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I found something interesting. The final step in the Jewish wedding tradition is called nissuin (to take), a word that comes from naso, which means to lift up. That happens when the Groom gathers up His Bride in His arms and carries her home.
Wow!!!!! Exactly!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Rabbi ..... is one of the Sanhedrin Rabbi's responsible for the Noahide Movement. I was urged to contact him directly after participating on the official Sanhedrin discussion forum.

The......indicates that I edited this message for content that might be irrelevant to this forum:

If you go back to page 1 of this discussion... and take a look at post #5 you will better understand this question that I just sent off to the Facebook page of Jewish Voice Ministries.

"Rabbi Bernis...... does the name A..... in the original Hebrew of Leviticus 16:10 perhaps......
... indicate that the fallen angel Azazel may return to the G-d of Abraham in sincere Teshuva, divide the kingdom of Satan, and cause it to fall?"

(Rabbi Jonathan Bernis)....

Shalom... I just asked a question on the wall of your page that I suppose I should elaborate on somewhat.

Post #5 here was sent to Sanhedrin Rabbi Yeshayahu Hollander.

April 2010.........."Shalom Rabbi .....:

I've been participating on The Sanhedrin message board and I was urged to contact you directly. So far as I know I am probably the first minor Canadian politician who has advocated that my nation assist The Temple Mount Faithful Community, People For A Bill to Build The Bet HaMikdash and The Sanhedriin in your efforts to control the Temple Mount and rebuild your Jerusalem Third Temple.

It is my firm belief that semi-reality and reality film series could play an important role in working out the fulfillment of every word spoken in the law and in the prophets. My dad, Robert Stewart Tate, passed away on January 1, 1990. His death came at the same time that I was being confronted with the implications of the near death experience accounts. I went through a theological crisis that I believe has relevance for your SanHedrin.

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Aza'zel." (Leviticus 16:10)

I had no problem with the positive near death experiences but those negative ones put me into a philosophical crisis unlike I had ever experienced before. I saw this verse in Leviticus as a possible loophole and I asked that the guilt of Azazel would be put on my head. I prayed and asked The G-d of Abraham if he had any use for a volunteer "goat for Azazel?" If so, then I wanted to submit my application for the job.

Several unusual things did occur since that time that I feel indicates that my offer may well have been accepted. I would like to elaborate further on how I feel a volunteer goat for Azazel could perhaps be of use in the working out of latter day events in such a way that the death toll is kept to an absolute minimum.

Although I am not certain exactly what a volunteer goat for Azazel should do I have seen a videotape in my head of .........

It is my belief that the films that you are guided to produce and direct will greatly increase in value over the coming decades and centuries.

Shalom and greetings from Nova Scotia."

Dennis Tate

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[SIZE=+1]Also remember that the goat to/for `Aza'zel was not slain and therefore its blood is not used in the Yom Kippur ceremony at all, (though this fact is obvious it appears often to be neglected). Understand also that from those animals, whose blood was brought into the Tabernacle of the Congregation or Sanctuary-Holy Place for reconciliation; NO SIN OFFERING of that typology was to be eaten:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Leviticus 6:24-30 KJV
24. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
25. Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, saying, This is the law of the sin offering: In the place where the burnt offering is killed shall the sin offering be killed before the Lord: it is most holy.
26. The priest that offereth it for sin shall eat it: in the holy place shall it be eaten, in the court of the tabernacle of the congregation.
27. Whatsoever shall touch the flesh thereof shall be holy: and when there is sprinkled of the blood thereof upon any garment, thou shalt wash that whereon it was sprinkled in the holy place.
28. But the earthen vessel wherein it is sodden shall be broken: and if it be sodden in a brasen pot, it shall be both scoured, and rinsed in water.
29. All the males among the priests shall eat thereof: it is most holy.
30. And no sin offering, whereof any of the blood is brought into the tabernacle of the congregation to reconcile withal in the holy place, shall be eaten: it shall be burnt in the fire.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Leviticus 16:27
27. And the bullock for the sin offering, and the goat for the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the holy place, shall one carry forth without the camp; and they shall burn in the fire their skins, and their flesh, and their dung.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]So then we have in Leviticus 16 the story of a pair of 'twins' and both of them perfect: yet neither of them appears to concern the typology of Yeshua because the Bread of Life which he gives is his flesh, and the drink which he gives is his own Blood of the Covenant; and those things are spoken in Spirit:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]John 6:53-58
53. Then said Yeshua unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Matthew 16:24-25
23. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of the Theou, but those that be of the anthropon-men.
24. Then said Yeshua unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him utterly disown himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25. For whosoever will save his soul shall apollumi-destroy it: and whosoever will apollumi-destroy his soul for my sake shall find it.
[/SIZE]

Daq...... do you think that it is pure coincidence that the leader of the Palestinian Authority could well be a
great, great, great, great, great...... grandson of Barabas/ Bar Abbas?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Could you please share the Scripture references which state that our sins and errors become assets? Thank you. :)

Those who are forgiven much..... love much.

The Apostle Paul is one of the greatest examples of this.....
he persecuted first century Messianic Jews.... and compelled them to blaspheme.

Luke 7:47

"Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Judges 14:10 So his father went down unto the woman: and Samson made there a feast; for so used the young men to do.11 And it came to pass, when they saw him, that they brought thirty companions to be with him.12 And Samson said unto them, I will now put forth a riddle unto you: if ye can certainly declare it me within the seven days of the feast, and find it out, then I will give you thirty sheets and thirty change of garments:

This part reminds me of the Sukkot. In ancient times, the wedding feast probably included seven full days of food, music, dancing and celebrations. What I understand is that even today Orthodox Jews do keep to the tradition of Sheva Brachot and celebrate after the wedding for seven nights, with friends and family hosting festive meals in honor of the bride and groom.

How would this perhaps fit with the seven years......
associated with the Day of the L-rd?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The people had to choose between the one who was called Yeshua bar Abba and Yeshua HaNatsrati V'M'lech HaYehudim. The acronym for which was YHVH and the Pharisees got angry and wanted it altered, but Pilate said what he had written stays put.
I disagree. If we are to accept John's account of what was written on the sign based on our Greek texts translated into Hebrew, then it would read "Yeshua HaNatsrati HaMelek HaYehudim". Why have you put a V instead of an H in front of "M'lech"? The Greek of John 19:19 reads;

εγραψεν G1125(G5656) δε G1161[AND WROTE] και G2532[ALSO] τιτλον G5102 ο G3588[A TITLE] πιλατος G4091[PILATE] και G2532[AND] εθηκεν G5087(G5656)[PUT] επι G1909[ON] του G3588[THE] σταυρου G4716[CROSS.] ην G2258(G5713) δε G1161[AND IT WAS] γεγραμμενον G1125(G5772)[WRITTEN,] ιησους G2424[JESUS] ο G3588[THE] ναζωραιος G3480[NAZARENE,] ο G3588[THE] βασιλευς G935[KING] των G3588[OF THE] ιουδαιων G2453[JEWS.]​

Therefore, the Hebrew articles preceding Nazarene and King should be the same.

The Gospels have different variations of what was written on the sign.

JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS - John
THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS - Luke
THE KING OF THE JEWS - Mark
THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS - Matthew
If we trust the writers did not add their own words, but may have omitted some words, then the sign would read (based on the Greek, not the KJV), "THIS IS YESHUA THE NAZARENE THE KING OF THE JEWS". In Hebrew, it would read,
"Zoth Yeshua HaNatsrati HaMelek HaYehudim".

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
John 19:19 Iesous O Nazaraios O Basileus Ton Ioudaion.

From the Greek language in which the New Testament was preserved we have to construct the Hebrew. Judging by the reaction of the religious Jewish leaders on the inscription, they didn't like it. “Yeshua the Nazarene and King of the Jews.” I think it was the title that Pilate gave Him.

John 19:19 Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was: YESHUA OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

"and" provides the "V" in the tetragrammaton. "And" is the (waw) to form the tetragram.

John 19:21-22 Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews,' but, 'He said, "I am The King of the Jews." Pilate answered, "What I have written, I have written."

They just didn't like "THE KING" and more so when they saw the TETRAGRAMMATION "YHVH." The connection is enough to get those who do not believe Yeshua is God all upset.

https://books.google.com/books?id=gTQIkH6iolQC&pg=PA297&lpg=PA297&dq=REX+Vemelech&source=bl&ots=Lpz-J2QxGK&sig=xHw7dCsGbJ05BcSFD4lA5Amvxvg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwib6uq0wKrOAhUFziYKHVFZCjcQ6AEILDAD#v=onepage&q=REX Vemelech&f=false

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
YHVH was first used in the Bible in Exodus 3:14 as the name of God when God spoke to Moses from the burning bush. YHVH translates as “I AM THAT I AM” or “I AM WHO I AM”. Yeshua is the great I AM THAT I AM, YHVH.

John 6:51:”I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever;”

John 8:23: And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I AM from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I AM the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:9: “I AM the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.”

John 10:11: “I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

John 10:36: “do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, “I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 15:1: “I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

John 19:2: Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but, ‘He said, “I AM the King of the Jews.”‘”

Acts 7:32: Stephen speaking of Moses’ encounter at the burning bush “saying, ‘I AM the God of your fathers— the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ And Moses trembled and dared not look.”

Acts 9:5: And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And the Lord said, “I AM Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

The I Am In the Old Testament was whatever man needed. He became, He was His all in all. The scripture examples show who He is. He is everything to man and the only way to God. Yeshua states I am not of this world.

John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.” ( the word ‘he’ is not in the original).

Yeshua is telling you that He is the same I AM that Moses met at the burning bush.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
John 19:19 Iesous O Nazaraios O Basileus Ton Ioudaion.

From the Greek language in which the New Testament was preserved we have to construct the Hebrew. Judging by the reaction of the religious Jewish leaders on the inscription, they didn't like it. “Yeshua the Nazarene and King of the Jews.” I think it was the title that Pilate gave Him.

John 19:19 Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was: YESHUA OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

"and" provides the "V" in the tetragrammaton. "And" is the (waw) to form the tetragram.

You are correct that we must construct the Hebrew from the Greek. So where in the Greek do you see "and"? The Greek says "the" King ("O" Basileus), NOT "and" King (Kai Basileus). You add "and" and "V"/"W" to force the sign to contain "YHWH".

John 19:21-22 Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews,' but, 'He said, "I am The King of the Jews." Pilate answered, "What I have written, I have written."

They just didn't like "THE KING" and more so when they saw the TETRAGRAMMATION "YHVH." The connection is enough to get those who do not believe Yeshua is God all upset.
The Tetragrammaton had nothing to do with it. The Jews simply did not want Yeshua as their king (John 19:15) which is why, in verse 21, they did not include the crucial part (YH) "Yeshua the Nazarene" of your theory. Their only concern was that Pilate was saying Yeshua was actually their King.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
YHVH was first used in the Bible in Exodus 3:14 as the name of God when God spoke to Moses from the burning bush. YHVH translates as “I AM THAT I AM” or “I AM WHO I AM”. Yeshua is the great I AM THAT I AM, YHVH.

John 6:51:”I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever;”

John 8:23: And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I AM from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I AM the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:9: “I AM the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.”

John 10:11: “I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

John 10:36: “do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, “I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 15:1: “I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

John 19:2: Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but, ‘He said, “I AM the King of the Jews.”‘”

Acts 7:32: Stephen speaking of Moses’ encounter at the burning bush “saying, ‘I AM the God of your fathers— the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ And Moses trembled and dared not look.”

Acts 9:5: And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And the Lord said, “I AM Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

The I Am In the Old Testament was whatever man needed. He became, He was His all in all. The scripture examples show who He is. He is everything to man and the only way to God. Yeshua states I am not of this world.

John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.” ( the word ‘he’ is not in the original).

Yeshua is telling you that He is the same I AM that Moses met at the burning bush.
I will refrain from refuting this false teaching so as not to derail this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Determine the length of the board and/or the size of the letters required to fit the inscription in three languages and for it still to be readable by the crowd from a distance. Luke 23:38 says, 'And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew'.

Can you see that the basic information (Yeshua, Nazareth, King, Jews) that WOULD form the tetragrammation? While all the four gospels give the general gist of the message on the board, the exact wording can not be taken from the gospels or all of them would have said the same thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
It is entirely feasible that YHVH stood out in Hebrew. The Roman leaders would love to take a jab at the Jews. They even changed the name of the province of Israel to Palestine. Why not slap them again by deliberately emphasizing those letters the Jews refused to even speak? It is prophetic, it is perfect, it is righteous, and I can see it would fit Yeshua perfectly.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
What was the original Hebrew written over His head that day? It was translated to Greek and that is what we have to work with to put it back into Hebrew. That is two translations, back and forth, and the more powerful statement Roman could have posted that day would have been the blasphemy He was charged with.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Determine the length of the board and/or the size of the letters required to fit the inscription in three languages and for it still to be readable by the crowd from a distance. Luke 23:38 says, 'And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew'.

0iKPqDqBq9tQmFGipvXPcAqy6aakp_RrP_jw2fL4EnzSzEJpI4FCyFSTGnY9McACXYu_Vw=s1170
That has no bearing on what was written. However, this image you posted is interesting. The Hebrew does not have the article in front of MLK as it does in front of Yehudim. Nor does it have Natsrati. To teach that the sign identified Yeshua as YHWH is a total assumption and misleads people to believe lies about who Yeshua is (the Son of YHWH, not YHWH Himself).

Upvote 0