mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Bump for Avodat or anyone else who can clarify.[/QUOTE:

In Matt. 27 Pilate asked the people, Whom shall I release unto you? (Y'shua) Bar Abbas (the father's son), or Y'shua who is called H'Meshiach (the Messiah), many believe that the people were misled in their choosing the release of Bar Abbas, thinking they were asking for the release of the Messiah, because Bar Abbas means 'the Son of the Father, or the Father's Son', they thought Bar Abbas was Y'shua.

Though the scriptures as presented do not mention Bar Abbas as being called Y'shua, it appears to be feasible, yet the only scriptural importance that I can get from this is, One can choose whatsoever they like, but the over riding choice comes from on high, otherwise many Jews find comfort in believing they were duped in their decision.

The Jews wanted to overthrow the Roman government. John the levite priest called Yeshua the Lamb, according to Johns revelation, the Lamb that was slain overcame. The Jews knew they could defeat the Romans through sacrifice.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The whole scenario of the two prisoners and the names speak loudly of Yom Kipperim symbolism.

It is properly called the Day of Atonements because there were more than one thing being atoned for.

The bull was for the high Priest to first make atonement for himself and his family.

After this the two goats are presented together to the L-RD -
a choice needs to be made as to which will serve the two purposes.

One is chosen for the L-RD as a sin offering the other the Hp places his hands upon its head and transfers the sins of the people onto it and it is sent away (freed) as an atonement.
The blood of this goat is the one sprinkled on the mercy seat also called the seat of atonement.

This is done for the Holy place because of the uncleanness and rebellion of the people.

And something truly wild about the whole thing is the tradition, apparently preserved in some of the Dead Sea Scrolls that Judas Didymus Thomas (Doubting Thomas), may have been the identical twin brother of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus?????????????

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Jews wanted to overthrow the Roman government. John the levite priest called Yeshua the Lamb, according to Johns revelation, the Lamb that was slain overcame. The Jews knew they could defeat the Romans through sacrifice.

The words of the high priest also remind me of the eloquence in the prophecy of Balaam that was recorded for us.

BLB - Jhn 11: Gospel of John 11 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Jhn 11:51
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
And something truly wild about the whole thing is the tradition, apparently preserved in some of the Dead Sea Scrolls that Judas Didymus Thomas (Doubting Thomas), may have been the identical twin brother of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus?????????????
Yes, I've heard that before, not sure I believe it though. It does seem odd that he was the only one who didn't see him when the other 10 did. Didymus does mean twin in Greek and there is a brother named Judah but I don't think Mary had twins. Unless you believe in the Kingly royal 'heir and a spare'. :)

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, I've heard that before, not sure I believe it though. It does seem odd that he was the only one who didn't see him when the other 10 did. Didymus does mean twin in Greek and there is a brother named Judah but I don't think Mary had twins. Unless you believe in the Kingly royal 'heir and a spare'. :)

…. or……. that a Yom Kippur event was also being worked out at the same time as a Passover event?????????

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well I'm ammilinialist so I believe that all raise bodily at the second coming

What about Ezekiel chapter 37 though. Doesn't it seem to indicate another resurrection at the end of the millennium?

Ezekiel 37 seems to fit quite well with Revelation chapter 20 and 21.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dennis Tate said
Originally Posted by Lulav
…. or……. that a Yom Kippur event was also being worked out at the same time as a Passover event?????????

It is interesting that many do not realize that that one of the statutes for Passover is that it is not just a spotless lamb can be used, but also a spotless kid (baby goat). It is strange because to the best of my recollection that is the only sacrifice that you can make a choice between (animal wise not like the birth sacrifice where it is a matter of affordability***) and I don't think it has to do with wither you were raising goats or sheep.

So when this as the first yearly moed was given it seems to be attached to the sixth one as well. That takes you through the whole redemption process and the only one left is Sukkot which is a celebration.

***6 And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest: 7 who shall offer it before the Lord, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female. 8 And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering:

Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What about Ezekiel chapter 37 though. Doesn't it seem to indicate another resurrection at the end of the millennium?

Ezekiel 37 seems to fit quite well with Revelation chapter 20 and 21.

Tell that to mark according to whom there is one resurrection of us at the second coming, as for the texts you mention they agree with my view .

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tell that to mark according to whom there is one resurrection of us at the second coming, as for the texts you mention they agree with my view .

Perhaps the "us" referred to by Mark is about the true followers of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus but........ that would not stop G-d from organizing a separate resurrection for the people........... who did not follow the Messiah during this physical life?!

Rev 20:5
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is interesting that many do not realize that that one of the statutes for Passover is that it is not just a spotless lamb can be used, but also a spotless kid (baby goat). It is strange because to the best of my recollection that is the only sacrifice that you can make a choice between (animal wise not like the birth sacrifice where it is a matter of affordability***) and I don't think it has to do with wither you were raising goats or sheep.

So when this as the first yearly moed was given it seems to be attached to the sixth one as well. That takes you through the whole redemption process and the only one left is Sukkot which is a celebration.

***6 And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest: 7 who shall offer it before the Lord, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female. 8 And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering:

Yes....... I have also noticed and wondered a great deal about this as well!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I woke up this morning with some unusual ideas that sure fit with this idea.......

Matthew 5:44

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Because my wife is Pentecostal.... and gifted I have read and re-read "The Vision" by Pastor Rick Joyner many times..... This book helps me to understand the Pentecostal gifts better.......... In his vision...... he saw that when demons were hit with an arrow...... with the name HOPE on them........ they disappeared out of the battle................ Should praying for our enemies be taken to the extreme of not merely casting fallen angels out of people.... but also that they be given hope......... that they can be restored???????

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What do you think about this possible scenario?

It is interesting that Lucifer is termed a "Covering Cherub."

Ezekiel 28:16
"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire."

Psalms 18:10
"And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind."

This verse from the Psalms makes me wonder if the cherub he rides on.... could look much like the proverbial Pegasus?

Revelation 19:11
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

Revelation 6:2
"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

Jeremiah 8:6
"I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle."

IF.... the original form of the Covering Cherub Lucifer was similar to Pegasus........... then Lucifer getting jealous over YHWH having a son..... and a daughter.... ADam and Eve.......(and before that time a number of Elohim children who made Adam and Eve in their image)...... would help to make some sense out of this as well.

Could jealousy have gotten the whole war started?!

[size=+1]Perhaps what was said above will take some time to be fully realized, not that I say 'one is right and one is wrong' but I do not think you fully comprehend the impact of what has been stated. As for Barabbas:

Bar = Aramaic for 'a son'
Bar-Abbas = 'Son of [the] Father'

Barabbas was most assuredly the typology of the scapegoat. A most critical text was omitted from the Textus Receptus and probably because it was deemed far too 'Jewish' in its revelation. And this revelation of what was actually occurring just before the crucifixion, filling up the typology, has deep penetrating and ominous consequences for some of modern mainstream Christianity and modern theory concerning blood atonement theology, (particularly those factions teaching that 'Jesus is their scapegoat'). However, the extant miscellaneous manuscripts which compile the Greek Morph Texts, or so-called GNT Morph, contain the following account from the Matthew passage concerning Barabbas:

Matthew 27:16-17 KJV (Textus Receptus - full name of Barabbas omitted)
16. And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
17. Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?

Matthew 27:16-17 TUA (Transliterated Unaccented - GNT Morph Texts)
16. Eichon de tote desmion episemon legmen Iesoun {*} Barabban.
17. Sunegmenon oun auton eipen autois ho Pilatos, 'Tina thelete apoluso humin, Iesoun {*} ton Barabban e Iesoun ton legmen Christon?'

Thus from the GNT Morph Texts the Word basically states:

Matthew 27:16-17
16. Moreover they had at that time a notable prisoner having been called YESHUA BARABBAS.
17. They accordingly having been gathered together, says to them the Pilate; Whom would ye that I should LOOSE-LET-GO unto you, YESHUA THAT IS BARABBAS or YESHUA THAT IS HAVING BEEN CALLED CHRISTOS?

Yeshua hoChristou - Son of the Theou - Torah Revolutionary - Love
Yeshua Bar-Abbas - Son of the Father - Sicarii Revolutionary - Murder
[/size]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You know... Yeshua prayed that the rapture wish would not be granted.

John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Good point........ but I do believe that a truly terrible situation can call for more drastic action!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Could you please share the Scripture references which state that our sins and errors become assets? Thank you. :)
Luke 7:47

"Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have heard and understand that Yom Kippur is the Wedding Day.. when Yeshua marries His Bride.
Interesting! That makes sense.... It was just a few days ago that I got information that reminded me that a Jubilee year began on Yom Kippur. I had forgotten about that!

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do you think about this possible scenario?

It is interesting that Lucifer is termed a "Covering Cherub."

Ezekiel 28:16
"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire."

Psalms 18:10
"And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind."

This verse from the Psalms makes me wonder if the cherub he rides on.... could look much like the proverbial Pegasus?

Revelation 19:11
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

Revelation 6:2
"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

Jeremiah 8:6
"I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle."

IF.... the original form of the Covering Cherub Lucifer was similar to Pegasus........... then Lucifer getting jealous over YHWH having a son..... and a daughter.... ADam and Eve.......(and before that time a number of Elohim children who made Adam and Eve in their image)...... would help to make some sense out of this as well.

Could jealousy have gotten the whole war started?!

Hi Dennis, hmmm, that post was from 19 Apr 2012, :boom: :glowingstar: :sparkles: :D but I do not think I was speaking of what you seem to be suggesting. The "stones of fire" are nine of the twelve stones of the breastplate of upright judgment, (which stones are set in gold as likewise mentioned in Ezekiel 28:13) and the breastplate is worn over the heart. It takes a lion/lioness, a she-bear robbed of her cubs, and a watcher leopard watching to cleave open a chestplate of iron so that the headstone of the heart may be removed for circumcision, (there will be shouts of "Grace, grace to it!" for the one that overcomes).

Upvote 0