Yielding ourselves to God is important, but how we do so is critical as well...

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible plainly teaches us that we are not our own.... we are His. He is our owner, having purchased us with His own blood. How far our present day Christianity has lost this concept. When Jesus met Paul, then Saul, on the road to Damascus, this point was made perfectly clear, so much so that Saul made this statement.

"What would you have me to do, Lord?"

With that one profound statement, willful Saul became servant Paul and the rest is history. We all know we should be more yielded to God, and our spirit is willing, more often than not. But we know as well how hard it is to stay in that state, for our flesh is weak, and the things we want to do, we do not, and the things we hate, the things we want to avoid like the plague seem to come to us easily, just as they were described by Paul in Romans 7.

So we end up living in a battlefield, but it is not a battle with the enemy, but with ourselves. We end up living in the battle of the black dog versus the white dog, and it never seems to end. But is that what God willed for us, when He called us to His kingdom. Did he not promise to make us overcomers? Did He not assure us that He would make a way of escape in every single temptation? What good is that way of escape if our black dog is bound and determined to see that we do not take it, and instead give in to the desires of the flesh? What good is the whole armor of God if the traitor lives inside the armor?

There must be an answer, something we have missed.... and there is. Listen to the voice of God Himself as He gives us the answer through Paul himself.

"....but yield yourselves unto God, as those who are alive unto God."

There. There it is. There is the answer which has eluded us. Yielding ourselves to God is good, but even with honorable intentions, we will still fail..... unless our shield of faith is held up as to who we are. We are no more a mixture of black dog and white. We are no more children of this world and children of the next. We are new creatures and Paul tells us a great truth in Romans 8. We who are His are no more in the flesh, but in the spirit if Christ dwells in us. We owe the flesh a big fat nothing, no matter what we have been taught, no matter how we have lived up to this very moment. Nothing.

Your old nature, my old nature,it is dead, no matter how fleshly you or I might have lived. But God asks that we believe that amazing truth, stand on it, and fight the good fight of faith from that perspective. Truth sets free ONLY when it is mixed with faith in the hearer, only when it is continued in, no matter how the enemy rails against us.

The black dog is dead. Not slowly dying. DEAD. He asks that in our weakness, we believe that truth, for it is that truth that promises to set us free indeed.

Blessings to all,

Gideon

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way .. your in good company ...

"Beloved, there is such a thing as people thinking they are full and rich, and knowing not that they are hungry, poor and blind. The worst thing that can come to anyone, to a child of God, is to be satisfied." - Smith Wigglesworth

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Mike, I believe this is the great deception coming to us in these last days. Since we have been taught that holiness is really an impossibility, that we will always sin, we have dismissed any call for our walking as real living sacrifices as unobtainable so we reason "Why try?"

Thus we remain satisfied with a grace that allows us to basically stay just as we are, satisfied with milk, with any encouragement to go on to meat, to holy living, as legalism.

What we do not see is the pathway of faith that allows God to actually change us from fleshly to holy. It is NOT our efforts that do this, but God Himself, but until we want it, long for it, hunger and thirst for righteousness in our character and trust God to do in us what we cannot do ourselves, we will see no change, and expect no change. Thus, we end up with a Christianity that forgives us but does not fulfill the second half of the glorious new covenant, set us free from self.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guys, the missing key that has been hidden from our eyes is the truth that once we have become Christians,, the old "us", the one who cannot help but sin, has died. BUT.... there is a part we have to play in the transformation that God has promised us.

It is not works, or trying harder, that is for sure. We have had a lifetime of opportunities to reign in our flesh, to be light to a lost and dying world, to walk in real obedience to the Spirit within. And we have all failed in our efforts.

Some have given much diligence to try to walk as holy children. Some have not. Nevertheless, the flesh in all of us refuses to budge. Is this not the truth? Self-effort is, in reality, tantamount to the law and the result is the same for all. Romans 7.

The things we want to do, we do not do. The things we want to stop doing, we continue to do. Sadly, instead of crying out to God with our whole hearts, just as Paul did, refusing to accept a life of disobedience to our savior as our lot, we have lowered the standard in order to make ourselves feel better, to silence the conviction. We have erroneously accepted that Romans 7 is the norm for all Christians, and that real holiness and overcoming the world, the flesh and the devil is impossible in this life. We are wrong.

So what is it that has eluded us? Where have we all erred?Faith in the truth of what God clearly promised in His "new" covenant. Faith that He really can keep us from falling, that He really can give us shields of faith that can quench ALL the fiery arrows satan flings at us. God has clearly stated that in EVERY temptation He will make a way of escape. Do we truly believe Him?

We claim that we believe the Bible infallible, yes? It is time we checked to see if we have slipped from that position. It is time we examined ourselves whether we be in the faith. Our God cannot lie.

Precious children, saints of God, what God has for us all, even the weakest among us, is a life of victory over sin, a life of joy in seeing God actually change us from the inside out, a life of abiding in Him in joyful rest as He lives our life through us. Can it be so? Is it truly possible to defeat sin, to walk in obedience to the still small voice of God inside us every time?

It is. And when we finally can say "It MUST be true, and I refuse to live as a wretched man any longer, dishonoring my God with my disobedience and self rule", it is then we will see our God awaken us to truth, the truth that will set us free.

It is coming......

Blessings,
Gideon

Reactions: jiminpa
Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So maybe for many, the right question is not "Am I yielding myself to God as one alive from the dead?" but rather is "Am I even yielding myself to God at all?"

Our modern take on the gospel is great at excusing lack of surrender because it seems "legalistic", but seldom do we get to the root of the issue.

Why don't we yield ourselves to God? Why do we resist the call for absolute surrender that was so common in the book of Acts and that is seen throughout the new testament?

I believe that more often than not, most true believers have gone through periods where they truly are pressing in, seeking God's will for them, wanting to defeat their besetting sins, and giving great earnestness to walk so as to please their God. They want to do good. BUT..... there is a problem. The flesh is dead set on doing its own thing, and after enough failures in walking as an overcomer, multitudes have "settled in for the long haul", which in most instances means that they have given it up as a dream.... sounds nice but is simply not doable because of our flesh.

So we are back to the main premise. What if, instead of trying to yield ourselves to God so that we can defeat our fleshly nature, we instead yielded ourselves to God as already being new creatures, believing we are NOT in the flesh any longer, and that we owe the old nature NOTHING? What if we began arming ourselves with the mind of someone who has already overcome? What if we simply believed our God and what He has clearly promised us?

This is the narrow way between legalistic self effort and a grace that leaves us possessing our pardons but still locked in our cells, not free indeed at all. It is the pathway to life... faith that our God will do just as He has promised, and "cause us" to walk as obedient children.

Our eyes are about to be opened to truth that not only offers us forgiveness but also promises to change us from old men to new creatures, not just positionally free but free indeed. It is the next move of God. Are you ready?

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Reactions: jiminpa
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So maybe for many, the right question is not "Am I yielding myself to God as one alive from the dead?" but rather is "Am I even yielding myself to God at all?"

Our modern take on the gospel is great at excusing lack of surrender because it seems "legalistic", but seldom do we get to the root of the issue.

Why don't we yield ourselves to God? Why do we resist the call for absolute surrender that was so common in the book of Acts and that is seen throughout the new testament?

I believe that more often than not, most true believers have gone through periods where they truly are pressing in, seeking God's will for them, wanting to defeat their besetting sins, and giving great earnestness to walk so as to please their God. They want to do good. BUT..... there is a problem. The flesh is dead set on doing its own thing, and after enough failures in walking as an overcomer, multitudes have "settled in for the long haul", which in most instances means that they have given it up as a dream.... sounds nice but is simply not doable because of our flesh.

So we are back to the main premise. What if, instead of trying to yield ourselves to God so that we can defeat our fleshly nature, we instead yielded ourselves to God as already being new creatures, believing we are NOT in the flesh any longer, and that we owe the old nature NOTHING? What if we began arming ourselves with the mind of someone who has already overcome? What if we simply believed our God and what He has clearly promised us?

This is the narrow way between legalistic self effort and a grace that leaves us possessing our pardons but still locked in our cells, not free indeed at all. It is the pathway to life... faith that our God will do just as He has promised, and "cause us" to walk as obedient children.

Our eyes are about to be opened to truth that not only offers us forgiveness but also promises to change us from old men to new creatures, not just positionally free but free indeed. It is the next move of God. Are you ready?

Blessings,

Gideon
great point :)

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am certainly pleased that what I share encourages a few, for that is my intent, and that alone. It seems that many read my words and hear condemnation and judgment, not a higher level of what grace promises to do for us. I wish for all to know that what God is offering us all is so far beyond what we have been taught that we will wonder how we lived without it. The truth is, up till now, few of us have ever consistently walked in the place of abiding, where we are promised to not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Instead we are like the servant who doesn't get to stay... remain..... abide..... in the Father's house always.

For those who have clearly seen the battle we all face or have faced, what God is opening our eyes to is absolutely staggering. But praise God, there are now others who are slowly awakening to a deeper need to flee the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes and the pride of life. Yet they are at a standstill as to how to get the best of the black dog inside them. Others, I know as well, are threatened by what I share. It is indeed a bold statement to assert that God can and will actually cause us to remain walking in His path when satan withstands us with our Achilles heel sin and we are tempted to fall and go backwards. Can we ever truly overcome every time? Yes, for God promised it.

So what is this "amazing" place of which I speak, one that awaits every single one of us who love the Lord in sincerity? It is simply this. It is as we walk in our new nature, and reckon that we are no longer ruled by the flesh, that it is truly dead, we amazingly find we can do so, each and every time. No, the temptations do not stop. Ahhhhh, but the giving in to them does, glory to God! God is about to make us all overcomers and our lives will never be the same.

How? By more earnest effort? Not a chance. By withdrawing from the world? No, dear brothers and sisters, that may indeed be the result, but it is not the catalyst! What God has asked me to share is not new at all, but rather the foundation of our being born again to being new is VERY real. It is "the more excellent way" ..... the way of appropriating faith.

But know this, it is not "our great faith" that will do it, it is our weak agreement with our strong God, that is bold enough, or desperate enough (or both as in my case, LOL), to receive what none of us deserve..... brand new natures that love God more than ourselves, where we willingly.... joyfully....amazingly... walk in the truth that we... the old us..... the part that likes to sin and remain in control.... we are dead!

I pray for all who read these words that God would open hearts and minds to the possibility that all of the promises of our God are yea and amen. BUT, it is in our believing them.... receiving them..... as those who are alive from the dead...that is the key to real life in Him that we have all missed.

The glorious liberty of the children of God!

The key is in the lock. The lock is about to be turned. Our lives are about to be turned upside down. We are about to be amazed. The jaw dropping kind.

Many blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0