1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet more Christians silenced in Europe, and in America...

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Michie, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic
    Homosexual groups are celebrating in Europe this week as once more they have triumphed in a court of law over believing Christians. The European Court of Human Rights upheld decisions of British courts that had decided homosexual rights trump the rights of Christians whose faith teaches them homosexuality is wrong.

Yet more Christians silenced in Europe, and in America...

2. Antigone

Antigone The Wrath of Whatever

Faith:
    Christian
    Several major problems with this article, the most prominent of which:

1. Apparently the writer conveniently missed the massive anti-gay protests in France the other way, which, by the way, passed peacefully. Nobody stopped or attacked the protesters.

2. "The European Court of Human Rights upheld decisions of British courts that had decided homosexual rights trump the rights of Christians whose faith teaches them homosexuality is wrong."
    Christians are allowed to believe whatever they want and nobody is forcing them to be gay, so their rights aren't being infringed.

3. Nobody has actually been fired for voicing concerns about homosexuality, unless it interfered with their job, as was the case with the councillor mentioned. He was NOT fired for 'simply voicing his concern'.

4. "thirst of homosexuals"? "Homosexual groups are jubilant that freedom of religion has taken a beating by the court?" how anyone can type this with a straight face and then claim Christians are being prosecuted is beyond me. Although, to be fair, it gives teh gays a very good reason for prosecution.

5. Most people in the UK would resent your implication that they share a mentality with the EU.

6. If this is supposed to be about the loss of European morale, why does the article go on about similar situations in the US? If anything that shows the US is just as 'bad' (and I'm using the term loosely). Or might it be that the author doesn't know much about Europe (see above).

Not that any of it matters because...

NAZIS ARE PICTURED. AUTOMATIC LOSS OF ARGUMENT. EVERYBODY DRINK!

3. MikeK

MikeK The dress is blue and black.

Faith:
    Catholic
    But this is bad! How will we make people know this is bad without pictures of nazis?!

4. Chany

Chany Imperfect Perfectionist

Faith:
    Humanist
    Pictures of Communists, that's how!

5. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie New Member

Faith:
    Catholic

Thank you I was getting sick of doing ALL the work around here.

Here's looking up you old address.....

{slam / swallow}

.ahhh....

That's better

much better.

6. KatherineS

KatherineS New Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    Austin Ruse is one the major Right-Wing nut bags in the world. You can pretty much discount everything he says.

No Christian has lost any right. Government workers don't have the right not to do their civil service duties because they don't feel like it.

7. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

Faith:
    Catholic
    I dont think Europe lost their morale - but rather morals.
    And i am ashamed America is following their lead.

8. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Active Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    Yup.

WarriorAngel likes this.
  9. Genersis

Genersis Surge Seeker

Faith:
    Atheist
    Muhuhahahahahahaha!!!

(Just practising for becoming the panto villain of "life".)

10. Antigone

Faith:
    Christian
    Because you are both experts on Europe, of course?

How did last week's protests in France not make your headlines?

11. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic
  12. Antigone

Faith:
    Christian
    Protesters in Paris march against gay rights

Thousands Converge on Eiffel Tower In mass protest against gay marriage.

Oddly enough Fox News also only reported on the topless protesters and not the actual march (at least, as far as I could find). Still, it made enough news outlets that anyone keeping up with the news would have known.

EDIT: also, it's BBC, not B.B.C. People who spell it like that never watch the BBC and are therefore not the most reliable source.

13. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie New Member

Faith:
    Catholic

Antigone:

Allow me to explain the basics of the NAZI Rule:

After the call

and the drinking

you've won.

You don't come back to discuss the situation further. Otherwise the NAZI rule just becomes a farce.

You call it you own it. The whole point is to stop feeding the sickness.

14. Antigone

Faith:
    Christian
    I was hoping someone would mention Nazis again. There's a very nice bottle of Cuarenta Y Tres lurking in my cabinet somewhere.

15. KatherineS

KatherineS New Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    So this so-called "protect the pope" website Michie posted LIED? That doesn't sound very Catholic to me.

Michie, thank you for exposing this unCatholic website falsely claiming to be Catholic. We need to know who is doing Satan's work.

16. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

Faith:
    Catholic
    Going by the typical arguments in here - as would appear to be the typical response in Europe - it seems very much against morals of the Church teaching.
    Pro abortion.
    Pro gay marriage.
    Anti Catholic HHS mandate approval rating.
    You name it - i am seeing it.

Plus Church attendance is low - real low in Europe. In fact - it's lower than in America [so far]. There are exceptions of course - i see so few or little of those who stand up for Christian principles in OBOB alone - i am getting the idea.

In fact - i do believe in some of the former posts in recent times - we were told 'so what about gay marriage - its legal here...' and the i use hyperbole - 'the sky hasnt fallen yet.' attitude. The governments accepting these things as a given right - leads me to conclude if it is not Christian - then it is highly favorable.

Name me a nation - in Europe that hasnt yet given gay marriage its own right?

Basically all the stench of satans anti christ 'rights' - anti religion - is coming 1st from Europe.

Can it really be denied?

17. Tallguy88

Tallguy88 Theology Category Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic
    Bulgaria, Serbia, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia. Hmm. All these countries have something in common. What is it? Oh yeah, they're Orthodox nations. Is there a correlation? Who knows.

18. Adaephon

Adaephon Guest

Don't forget Georgia ;)

19. Tallguy88

Tallguy88 Theology Category Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic
    Is that considered Europe? I thought it was in Asia.

20. Adaephon

Adaephon Guest

Eh, one of those countries that could be considered in either probably. It's as much in Europe as Russia is anyways.