ZacharyB

charismatic believer for 23 years
Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since almost the beginning, all humans have been born with an inherited sin nature.
But, because of God’s great love and mercy, He devised a Plan to save some of them.
The Word (i.e. God) came down from heaven, and became flesh, and lived on the earth.
This “God-man”, the Messiah, came to die for the sins of the world and to redeem man.
Gabriel said to call Him “Jesus (Savior)”; He came to give mankind many spiritual truths.
Those who “believe”(?) in Jesus and His gospel (good news) message were to be saved.
They would be reconciled to God, justified, and receive Jesus’ imputed righteousness.
They would be sanctified (set apart) to be worked on by the Holy Spirit unto holiness.
God’s grace (unmerited favor) made eternal life possible for some … for it is conditional.
Jesus gave many instructions and commandments as part of His great gospel of salvation.
These were to be followed to the best of man’s ability because of the first commandment,
which says to love God with all of your heart, and all of your soul, and all of your mind.
Jesus said those who love Him will keep His commandments. Does anyone get to heaven
who does not love Jesus? Does anyone get to heaven who does not keep His commands?
Those who “know” Jesus keep His commandments; this “knowing” results in eternal life!
He who keeps Jesus’ commandments will bear fruit of eternal value, which will glorify the
Father, but he who does not bear fruit is cast out, taken away, thrown in the fire, burned.
Those who overcome “as I also overcame” will be allowed to be seated with Him in heaven.
Believers are called to be overcomers … they are to overcome sin, the devil, and the world.
All of this is about a continual action: a continuing belief-faith accompanied by obedience.
In all of the NT letters written to the churches, we see warnings about the need for this.
One of the warnings: believers must continue practicing/maintaining their righteousness
(which reminds some people of Jesus’ warnings about hating one’s life in order to save it).
Another continuous warnings to churches: habitual unrepentant sin leads to eternal death!
E.G. Habitual unrepentant sinners are not allowed to inherit/enter the kingdom of heaven.
And one’s belief-faith-trust-obedience must endure all the way until the end of one’s life!
Having a true saving belief-faith is all about having the correct heart attitude toward God,
and following through with obedience, for “he who does the will of God abides forever”.

• “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
‘Lord, Lord’ … And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me,
you who practice lawlessness!’ Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine,
and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock …”
(Jesus,
Matthew 7:21-24)
Notice the contrast between doing God’s will vs. practicing lawlessness (sin).
Doing God’s will gets you into the kingdom of heaven.
Doing lawlessness (sin) gets you rejected by Jesus.
Whoever commits sin commits lawlessness; sin is lawlessness, as is all unrighteousness!

• “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you,
will seek to enter and will not be able.” (Jesus,
Luke 13:24)
Years ago, I used to think this was referring to the many people of other religions!
Now, I believe this “striving” refers to trying to obey the gospel and the commandments.
Paul often wrote about his struggle to run the race and his hope of salvation.

All of the above is Scriptural … if you would like a reference for something, please ask.

Is all of the above from the Scriptures a pile of nonsense?
Or perhaps you can see how it reconciles the whole of the New Testament?

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
• “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
‘Lord, Lord’ …

And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from Me,
you who practice lawlessness!’ Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine,
and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock …
(Jesus,
Matthew 7:21-24)

The will of God, well what is that?
Let us see what Jesus says to do.

Mark 1
Jesus Begins His Galilean Ministry
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying,

“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

Ok, lets see what Paul an apostle says to do

Acts 17
30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked,
but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Ok, now lets see what God does regarding our believing in Christ.

John 6
28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

God's accomplishing work in you is that you believe in His Son Jesus.
God always accomplishes His work.
What does God say about His works?

Psalm 145:10 All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, And Your saints shall bless You.

See then we see God's work is that well, believers believe. The reason believers believe is God is at work within them. And God says ALL HIS WORKS shall praise Him which here are the saints.

None of God's works are undone.

Isaiah 46
8 “Remember this, and show yourselves men;
Recall to mind, O you transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The will of God, well what is that?
The NT gives MANY items that are God's will for us.
So, we cannot just choose one or two, such as:
believe in Jesus and His gospel (good news).
Which is what some believers like to do. lol

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And yet, in the OT, we have this:

Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

NT analog:
Mar 12:29-31 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: (30) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. (31) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Luk 10:26-28 He (Jesus) said unto him, What is written in the law? How readest thou? (27) And he (the Lawyer) answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. (28) And He said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

This do, and thou shalt live. Everything else springs from these two commandments.

Reactions: brotherjerry
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And yet, in the OT, we have this:

Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

NT analog:
Mar 12:29-31 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: (30) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. (31) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Luk 10:26-28 He (Jesus) said unto him, What is written in the law? How readest thou? (27) And he (the Lawyer) answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. (28) And He said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

This do, and thou shalt live. Everything else springs from these two commandments.

Excellent NF.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Was there ever a question that all the NT Scriptures cannot be reconciled with each other? If Christians "rightly divide the Word of Truth" there should be no issues whatsoever. And there is no picking and choosing what we believe and what we do not believe.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
All of the above is Scriptural … if you would like a reference for something, please ask.

Is all of the above from the Scriptures a pile of nonsense?
Or perhaps you can see how it reconciles the whole of the New Testament?
Nope..none of the Scripture is nonsense...never was, never is, never will be. But mans understanding can be nonsense...such as conditional salvation.

Take your spin on what Christ said in Matthew 7. What you focused on is what the people do, when your focus should be on what Jesus said of their relationship..."I NEVER KNEW YOU". Their works were lawlessness based on one thing...they did not know Jesus, they NEVER had a relationship. Jesus did not say that they once had a relationship but no longer do, or anything like that, He said that they NEVER KNEW them.

We cannot rely upon what it is that we can do, because we can do nothing.
Job 31:23 "For calamity from God is a terror to me, And because of His majesty I can do nothing."
John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing"
Notice John 15:5...if Jesus abides in you, you will bear fruit, that is the only way to bear fruit.

Your analysis of Luke 13. You again miss the focus here. Christ response "I do not know where you are from" Again Christ does not KNOW them. You can think of those striving as people like the pew warmers that come on Sunday mornings...they believe Christ is in their church, so they 'ate and drank' in their presence. And Christ was preached in the church....but Christ does not know where they come from because their theology is not focused on Christ, but "look at me, I am in church".

This is not in reference to a truly saved person working to keep their salvation. Because even by your own defintions of salvation then Christ would have 'known where that person was from'.

This is exactly what the Bible warns of in Ephesians. Conditional security focuses it's attention on what the man can do and not the relationship with Christ which is the most important factor. You have proven this in this thread (just like the others), Matthew 7 for you is about what man can do that defines if Jesus knew you or not. And that is not what it says. With Luke you again focus on striving being the works man does to keep salvation. And again miss over the point of relationship that is not even there.

Reactions: nobdysfool
Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... mans understanding can be nonsense...such as conditional salvation.
Take your spin on what Christ said in Matthew 7. What you focused on is what the people do, when your focus should be on what Jesus said of their relationship..."I NEVER KNEW YOU". Their works were lawlessness based on one thing...they did not know Jesus, they NEVER had a relationship. Jesus did not say that they once had a relationship but no longer do, or anything like that, He said that they NEVER KNEW them.
You're missing the critical point, explained especially in John 14 ...
Father God and Jesus know, accept, etc. ONLY
those who love Jesus and obey His commandments!
Having a personal relationship with the Trinity is based on this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would like to add this to the OP ...

Even though I don’t believe this little item is brought up in the NT,
I ask you … does it make any sense?
Unbelievers who sin habitually go to hell.
Believers who sin habitually go to heaven.
What is all this business about "God is no respecter of persons"?

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Here is what does not make any sense...

That you continue to hold onto the notion that believers will sin habitually.
Romans 8 explicitly tells us that believers no longer walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit (vs 4).
And that believers no longer set their mind to the flesh but instead to the Spirit (vs 5)
And the difference between a believer and a non-believer is that the Spirit of God dwells in the believer. (Vs 9)

You continually bring this up and you have been challenged to find any post on this forum made by any of us that you know are eternal security proponents that claim a saved person can go back into habitual sin and still be saved. You wont find any. What you will find is that we would claim as the Bible indicates...that person was never saved to begin with...that their mind was always in the flesh, and that, as Romans 8:9 says, the person never belonged to Christ.

So again as reference to another post...unless you are willing to open your mind...heck even open your ears to hear what people are saying and quit with these false accusations and assumptions of people say, then don't waste time.

Reactions: nobdysfool
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is what does not make any sense...
That you continue to hold onto the notion that believers will sin habitually.
News Flash for thou, and many other thous here ...

Spirit-filled travelling evangelists who go to American churches regularly
report on Christian internet radio programs that ...

Many pastors and members of their congregations are involved in habitual sin.
E.G. It is a well-known fact that many pastors and members
of their congregations have been involved with adultery.
E.G. A fairly recent poll uncovered that 51(?)% of participating pastors
were in bondage to inappropriate contentography.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

so you automatically assume that those of us posting here are guilty of the same things? You assume far, far more than you know. That is a mark of arrogant pride.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
so you automatically assume that those of us posting here are guilty of the same things?
I've already told you elsewhere ...
Believers here are supposed to go out and warn the churches!

Believers here are also being forewarned ...
to not be caught up with habitual unrepented sin in the future!

Upvote 0

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I would like to add this to the OP ...

Even though I don’t believe this little item is brought up in the NT,
I ask you … does it make any sense?
Unbelievers who sin habitually go to hell.
Believers who sin habitually go to heaven.
What is all this business about "God is no respecter of persons"?

Sin is sin - I see no scriptural basis for this thing called "habitual sin." Everyone sins and should go to hell. That includes you ZacharyB!

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
AndOne I agree. What Zach is talking about is trying to differentiate between someone who is living in sin, is bound to sin, living in the flesh...vs someone who accidentally takes a pen from work. Problem is that he attempts to lump everyone who does not agree with him into the same category.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist

You got any references for your information? Not that I doubt the information but just wondering.

Also don't you recall the verses that basically say Many will come, few will enter. There are and will be more professed Christians that really were never saved to begin with. There will be many standing before Christ proclaiming all the great things they did in Christ's name and He will say He never knew them.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps, this will help someone ...

“… narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to
(eternal) life, and there are few who find it.” (Matthew 7:14)

Yes, this obviously supports the incredibly popular
easy-believism gospel and easy-grace gospel.

Long live the sit-back-and-just-enjoy gospel,
vhich truly is incredibly good news!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
I truly wish I could sit back and enjoy. Seems like God is always placing something or someone before me that He desires I talk to and witness too. Perhaps to counsel, teach, disciple, or just to feed. You continue this charade of false assumptions and accusations about things that were never stated, and is in no way part of the doctrine of eternal security....so let's just put the strawmen back in the barn shall we.

As to references...I was talking about your statistics and facts...you said it was a well known fact that most pastors have been involved in adultery...where did you get this fact?
You said 51% are enslaved to inappropriate contentography...where did you get that information?

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You continue this charade of false assumptions and accusations about things
that were never stated, and is in no way part of the doctrine of eternal security.
As to references...I was talking about your statistics and facts...you said it was
a well known fact that most pastors have been involved in adultery...
where did you get this fact?
You said 51% are enslaved to inappropriate contentography...where did you get that information?
Art thou assuming the U/L is true? And you know what assuming does, don't you?
I heard it on Spirit-filled Christian Internet radio.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I've already told you elsewhere ...
Believers here are supposed to go out and warn the churches!

Who says we're not already?

Believers here are also being forewarned ...
to not be caught up with habitual unrepented sin in the future!

You automatically assume that the believers here are caught up in habitual unrepented sin? Aren't you just a ray of sunshine, always thinking the best about your brethren?

That's what you don't seem to understand. You're insulting and beating up on the very people who should be your allies in the fight! You tell us we should be out there preaching. Why are you here? You should be out there too!

Php 4:6-9 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

(8) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

(9) Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Upvote 0