✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
xpiotosaves said:
Yeah, but you can't attack people for not believing what you do. It doesn't expand your knowledge to listen to someone tell what they believe and you telling them that they are wrong. :p

if what someone says stimulates me to study and careful rebuttal followed by a well argued "you're wrong and here's why" type of posting, i think we are all a bit better off for both the effort and the increased understanding. perhaps what matters is how it is done and what attitude gets transmitted through the message, as much as the material and information itself.

Upvote 0

xpiotosaves

Jul 12, 2006
In your yard
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
rmwilliamsll said:
if what someone says stimulates me to study and careful rebuttal followed by a well argued "you're wrong and here's why" type of posting, i think we are all a bit better off for both the effort and the increased understanding. perhaps what matters is how it is done and what attitude gets transmitted through the message, as much as the material and information itself.
I agree :thumbsup:
The thing is I think that no matter what one says, the other will most likely close their ears to what they have to say. It is unlikely (but not impossible) that somebody will say "HEY, you are right! What was I thinking?" There is nothing wrong (infact it is right) to debate about something, but I really don't see a YEC take sides with an EVO or vice versa. I will say that both are possible, and both should be critiqued. :)

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
xpiotosaves said:
I agree :thumbsup:
The thing is I think that no matter what one says, the other will most likely close their ears to what they have to say. It is unlikely (but not impossible) that somebody will say "HEY, you are right! What was I thinking?" There is nothing wrong (infact it is right) to debate about something, but I really don't see a YEC take sides with an EVO or vice versa. I will say that both are possible, and both should be critiqued. :)

We have witnessed conversions in both directions in this forum.

Although, I would hold that the initial conditions that provided for those conversions existed prior to and outside of engagement with this forum.

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
xpiotosaves said:
xpiotosaves said:

So many ways to respond to that... so little time...

Hi. :)

Some people come here only to stick to their guns and inform others about what they think.

But some people come here looking for new ideas to learn about. Discussion stimulates such things in ways that googling does not.

And, people read without posting all the time. Why are they doing that? Maybe they're interested in the discussions and not the debate. ;)

Upvote 0

xpiotosaves

Jul 12, 2006
In your yard
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Some people didn't read this clearly so I will underline key words.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is nothing wrong (infact it is right) to debate about something, but I really don't see a YEC take sides with an EVO or vice versa. I will say that both are possible, and both should be critiqued. :)

When I was a YEC, I critiqued the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics argument as being irrelevant to the question of the complexity of life.

And as an evo, I did propose in the Creationist subforum that the question of salinity did not pose too much of a problem to fish surviving the flood.

It really isn't a matter of sides. A creationist can be right or an evolutionist wrong, it happens, no big deal. What is more important is that we teach others what we know to be true, learn from others what they can show to be true, and edify each other in the body of Christ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.