Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So the job interview wasn't an interview. They made me drive 20 minutes just to fill in THEIR application. They asked me for another copy of my resume when I came. I was given an appointment time for what? I could have come up anytime.

And the hits keep coming. My son just phoned, he lost his job today. I'm getting really sick of this now.

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Man, I am sorry to hear this. I will keep praying for you and your son.
I have a student here that I tutor one day a week but if she wasn't I'd be sobbing my heart out.

I'm so sick of this. It's been five years since this downhill spiral began and I just am at the end of my rope.

Sorry to whine. I just need to vent some of this.

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not mind the venting at all, I can understand why you'd be frustrated just with the little I know. What kind of job did your son have?
He worked for Hearing Life in their new call center only the call center wasn't set up properly and people were quitting and so they weren't doing all that well and they let him go and a few others.

I just don't get it, Steve. I really don't. And I'm tired of hearing people tell me that God has a plan. Really? Then I just don't get it because I don't think that God had anything to do with this and if I thought he did, I'd just walk away right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RufustheRed

Disabled Veteran
Jan 29, 2004
✟10,582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, good news, my son is back working for his dad even if it's temporary. My back pain isn't a kidney infection.

Bad news, it's a small hernia in the lowest disk on my spine.

I am so sorry for your trials and tribulations. Having gone through a lot of the same (herniated discs, etc.) I can emphasize, but I have been blessed with NOT having to look for work. Being a disabled veteran does have some good points. Rest assured that I will pray for you and your son, that you may emerge from this a stronger person - one who is leaning on the arms of the Lord. Bless you, Cassi.

Rufus Aka Mac :wave:

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry for your trials and tribulations. Having gone through a lot of the same (herniated discs, etc.) I can emphasize, but I have been blessed with NOT having to look for work. Being a disabled veteran does have some good points. Rest assured that I will pray for you and your son, that you may emerge from this a stronger person - one who is leaning on the arms of the Lord. Bless you, Cassi.

Rufus Aka Mac :wave:

Thank you, Mac for your kindness. I appreciate it so very much.

My son has returned to work for his father so that means he's secure enough for now.

I am preparing a proposal on a ghost writing job and if I get the pay I'd like, I'm set for the next year which would be quite the experience after having been without work for so long. I've had to change my vocation.

I also may be renting out my house enough so I can keep ownership of it for the next two years and then see how it goes.

My back is slowly improving but it's a long process.

So yes, I am leaning heavily on our Lord.

Again, thank you so much every one for your prayers and thoughtfulness.

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My back took a beating when two dogs at a friend's house decided to jump on me and shake me. Was in the ER last night and now I need an MRI.

But in other news, I got a full time job this week AND I think I'm scoring the Ghost writing project as well. I'll be in school part time, so don't ya'll go thinkin' you outwitted me with your conversations and debates. Life is about to get crazy in three weeks.

But thank you so very much for your thoughts and prayers on my behalf. I'm sure the Lord is blessing me because of you.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My back took a beating when two dogs at a friend's house decided to jump on me and shake me. Was in the ER last night and now I need an MRI.

But in other news, I got a full time job this week AND I think I'm scoring the Ghost writing project as well. I'll be in school part time, so don't ya'll go thinkin' you outwitted me with your conversations and debates. Life is about to get crazy in three weeks.

But thank you so very much for your thoughts and prayers on my behalf. I'm sure the Lord is blessing me because of you.

Aw, you know the debates and conversations were just to keep your mind active, and to keep you from getting too bored while you were out of work/looking for a job! :cool:

I sure hope they find something they can cure with that MRI. Still keeping you in my prayers.

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian

Congratulations on getting the job! :clap:

I will keep you and your back in my prayers. Hopefully, the MRI will help to know what it wrong with it and what can be done to help you feel better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
oh my word. I can only say this much. Pain meds---bad. Bad for anything but not feeling pain. I'm like loopy. Yeah yeah. okay so I was before. But now, I just feel like I'm underwater all the time and not really present. Sleep is good though.

See you guys when I'm not so stoned from medication.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
oh my word. I can only say this much. Pain meds---bad. Bad for anything but not feeling pain. I'm like loopy. Yeah yeah. okay so I was before. But now, I just feel like I'm underwater all the time and not really present. Sleep is good though.

See you guys when I'm not so stoned from medication.

:hug:

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

I've been gone a long time. After having a herniated disc I dropped off for a bit. But the news is....I got married! If you can imagine that. Met him on an LDS dating site..married him two months later.

I hope you are all well.

Cassi...

(from zion national part)

Upvote 0