Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think I have had this happen before. Perhaps a number of reasons why, but the effects are generally to relax the body, reduce stress and can actually increase cognitive awareness by removing sleepiness and making you more alert. So, while it may typically be thought of as a bad thing, it may actually be a sign that your body is releasing things to allow your mind to focus on your interaction with God.

Penn Gazette | Essays | Notes from the Undergrad

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Haha Im glad Im not the only one that thinks about this. Yawning is a perfectly natural occurrence, but I will usually suppress it as much as possible. Trick is to not let it distract you. Let it happen and stay focused on the Lord without drawing attention to yourself. :)

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have my mind wander off sometimes and focus in on something not-pertaining to prayer. I don't like when that happens. I have to get myself back on track or in focus.

Does this happen to anyone?

All the time. All we can do is try to stay focused and get ourselves back on track, not giving up and letting our minds roam.

Upvote 0

JesusTaxiExpress

Oct 4, 2014
Buffalo, NY
✟8,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have my mind wander off sometimes and focus in on something not-pertaining to prayer. I don't like when that happens. I have to get myself back on track or in focus.

Does this happen to anyone?

Yes it happens to me quite a bit as well...I just apologize to God for my mind wandering during prayer.....If it does happen it's usually during the meditation parts of my prayers when I am trying to listen to God.

Upvote 0