Would you boycott a book because it was controversial?

K

kitty.lover

One strand was the underground networks of the banned Social Democrats (SPD) and Communists (KPD). These networks might better be described as "opposition" rather than "resistance," since they engaged in little overt resistance activity against the regime apart from incitement of strikes, but rather sought to keep their parties alive in the hope of being able to take advantage of a political change in the future. An exception was the SPD activist Julius Leber, who was an active resistance figure. There was also resistance from the anarcho-syndicalist union, the Freie Arbeiter Union (FAUD) which distributed anti-Nazi propaganda and assisted people in fleeing the country.[3]

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Actually strike that it's clearly not helpful. Do you have any more details?

Yes and for once my bad spalling has helped me. I was thinking that Trechow was involved, either as commander or possibly as a mentor to the commander. I searched to be sure of the spelling and got tjhis hit:

Major General Henning Hermann Robert Karl von Tresckow (January 10, 1901 – July 21, 1944)
After World War I, Tresckow stayed with the famed Infantry Regiment 9 Potsdam and took part in the suppression of the Spartacist movement in January 1919, but resigned from the Weimar Republic Reichswehr Army in 1920 in order to study law and economics.

I'm sure this is the unit.

Actually confirmed as the link to the unit contains the very point I started with, that this unit had more officers executed ( by far) than any other.

Infantry Regiment 9 Potsdam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Much thanks, you helped me stumble into one of the right places.

Upvote 0

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
I would not buy a book because I didn't like the author, didn't think I'd like the book. Why it was controversial would have more of an impact on my choice.

Well, anything would have more impact on my choice to read a book. Controversy doesn't necessarily "do it" for me.

Upvote 0