Would you be put off dating someone with health problems?

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, I would be very hesitant to get emotionally close to someone I knew beforehand to have a terminal illness or communicable disease. Would also be hesitant in the case of serious lifestyle limiting diseases such as Parkinson's.

This is going to sound harsh - but I also don't believe most disease is genetic or age related. I believe most of it is lifestyle/diet related. Even for children - who *inherit* stuff in the womb from their mother's lifestyle/diet and/or from the father's seed.

Upvote 0

Scottish Knight

Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Scotland
✟10,580.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I would be very hesitant to get emotionally close to someone I knew beforehand to have a terminal illness or communicable disease. Would also be hesitant in the case of serious lifestyle limiting diseases such as Parkinson's.

This is going to sound harsh - but I also don't believe most disease is genetic or age related. I believe most of it is lifestyle/diet related. Even for children - who *inherit* stuff in the womb from their mother's lifestyle/diet and/or from the father's seed.

I suspect stress also plays a large part in some health conditions. Certainly I first developed eczema immediately after a period of chronic stress.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I suspect stress also plays a large part in some health conditions. Certainly I first developed eczema immediately after a period of chronic stress.

Stress would be included in "lifestyle" and yes I believe it is a contributer to some health conditions.

Upvote 0

waves16

don't provoke the beavers
Dec 20, 2010
Canada
✟17,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would be very hesitant to date somebody who had something that was contagious or something that could possibly harm or kill me. Besides that, I don't see any problem. As long as the person was taking care of his health, it'd be fine by me.
The person I date would probably have to make special considerations for my allergies, so I would have absolutely no problem doing the same for them.

Upvote 0