Would todays Salvation work for the people before the Bible was comprised ?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Then back it up. talk is worth nothing. Prove me wrong with factual answers , if you can.

Here is the first question "When we are starting the Salvation process or journey , we are only being drawn by the Father to Christ , we "do not" have the Holy Spirit sealed in us yet? Everyone begins there. correct ?
As several posters already posted,
we are not playing that game, so to speak.
It does not look like honest questions seeking honest answers.
It does look like a student of someone else trying to get people to agree with someone else's view point.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Marvin then stopped at that point , claiming that we only surrender our lives to Christ the one time , and thats it.
Please cease from misrepresenting what I have said. That is not true. I never said any such thing.

We surrender our lives day by day and often minute by minute.

What I did stress, however, is that there is a beginning time in the life of faith/surrender/pisteuo where a person becomes a new creation in Christ, is justified before God, sealed by the Holy Spirit, receives the Holy Spirit's ministry as teacher and advocate, is made a part of Christ's body, obtains Him as an advocate for the rest of his life, is raised up and seated with Him in Heaven, receives power and authority to begin to rule with Him by faith in the Kingdom of God,is guaranteed to never again come into condemnation having passed from death to life, begin a transformation through the sanctification process throughout the rest of our lives until his eventual glorification - and I suppose a million other things in the Spirit which we will not understand until we reach maturity and see through the glass more clearly.

You know basic salvation 101? (Or rather as it now seems - you don't know.)

I have no real assurance of what you believe about such things since you are hiding behind this ridiculous posting of the same silly questions again and again without proceeding to tell us your view of the overall process of spiritual life.

I have tried every way I know of from asking outright to trying to shame you for your duplicity to outright saying that I believe you are a false teacher.
I then asked about the Parable of the sower which is a necessary happening in the Salvation process , and how under his understanding 3 out of the 4 failures would already have the Spirit of Christ in them . That means in Marvins understanding the 3 that failed would be failing with the Holy Spirit in them. I wouldn't agree with him on that , so thats as far as we went . But i was happy about the things we agreed on.
That's as far as we went because you refuse to explain in an honest manner what your beliefs are.

Again - please stop lying about what I said.

I said that I felt a bit different from many about exactly what is represented in the parable. I said that I saw all but number one as having "root in them" in the form of the Holy Spirit's activity in various ways.

I said that I likened number one to those who simply call Jesus Lord at one time in their life but do not do so with the true leading of the Holy Spirit. They will likely be the ones who will say, "Lord, Lord" only to have Him say that He never knew them.

None of the others totally "failed" as I see it because they represent true believers of various stripes. Those represented by the 4th group are real over comers in life and will eventually receive various rewards in the end for their walk of faith. Their "works" will shine forth like precious jewels for eternity.

Groups 2 and group 3 represent people who did little in life in so far as yielding to the Lord day by day. Their works will be sparse and end up being burned up like so much wood, hay, and stubble. They will undoubtedly have some good to show for their lives because the works of some kind will always follow true faith. Some however (represented mostly by number 2) will make it to Heaven only "so as by fire".

Some others believe that only group number 4 represent the saved. We can agree to disagree on that interpretation.

But do not suffer the illusion that I have not thought these things through. I probably have thought them through a lot more than you have. My theology is complete in this regard.

My beliefs are in line with basic evangelical Protestant theology. As I have just expressed them - they would fit well with Calvinist as well as Arminian theology.

You may disagree with my views. But it is dishonest to misrepresent my views here on this thread. Please stop it now.
TBL did mention that in her understanding , we are justified at the beginning point , before the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and Gods Word and His promises are ours to claim.
I have read through her posts and this misrepresents her view.

That is because this rather strange "mantra" of yours, "before the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and Gods Word and His promises are ours to claim" has not been explained by you so that people can lay out their views clearly in relation to it.

Perhaps this little trick of wording is your method of hiding your true beliefs until the very end of an argument so that people will not cut you off as a false teacher early on.
I didn't pursue that understanding of TBL's , because she has a fundamentle misunderstanding of what "justication" means. Justification has a very simple definition , it means "to be seen as just like Christ. "
I believe that she knows full well what justification means. Her definition may be worded slightly different than yours (and mine) (I'll let her tell you what her definition sounds like). But I do believe that both she and I would pretty much agree with the definition you wrote out.
I don't know why anyone would think we are seen by the Father "as just like Christ" at the beginning of the journey , before the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and His word and promises are ours to claim. And according to TBL , we would be seen as just like Christ before our first act of Faith and faithing.
I have reread her post and I believe you are misrepresenting what she believes.

We all agree that no one has the Holy Spirit (sealed etc.) before an initial act of faith. We believe that that comes after faith.

But we disagree with what you are apparently leading up to. We do not receive the Holy Spirit and all of the other promises of God - down the road after a life of testing - and not initially. We receive that upon the initial passing from death to life.

The Philippian jailer and his family (as an example) was so saved and justified at the beginning of their walk and not after some kind of lifetime testing.

The various epistles are written to people who are saved and sealed already - not to people who may be saved if they pan out as "number 4 parable" types. The various statements about the readers of the epistles (us included) are in the past tense in the basic saved vs. lost sense. The words like justified, sealed, seated, and all the rest have a very distinct and clear "ED" after them do they not?
I asked her to start a thread on justification , but i haven't seen one yet.
The only one unwilling to enter into serious discussion is you as just about everyone agree about.

Interestingly you have managed to unite EmSw and I concerning you duplicity. Uniting us on just about anything is exceedingly difficult and rare. :) That in itself should give you a hind about the wrong headedness of your approach to discussion.

There is plenty of discussion to be observed and participate in on the meaning of justification. It can be found here in the forum and it can be found in the writings of the Protestant Reformers and those who followed including so called Arminians.
Other than those two , there has been alot of hit and runs , but no serious discussions about the topic of this thread.
Perhaps not many are jumping in because of your generally duplicitous approach to things and their notation of your utterly ridiculous multiple postings of questions - even though those questions have been answered already (at least by TBL and me).
So as of this point , know one has displayed an understanding of Faith , faithing , or the beginning of the Salvation process that will hold water.
You have never shown how our view of salvation does not "hold water". Nor have you shown how yours does.

Our view of the basic understanding of the salvation process has held water for two thousand years and fits well with both Arminian and Calvinistic thought equally as well.

Your works oriented view of the salvation process on the other hand was condemned in no uncertain terms by the Apostle Paul in his letter to the Galatians in the first century.

Tell us exactly what you believe about how salvation works from start to finish in plain words and then people like myself will not have to piece it together the way we have with a chance of misrepresenting your beliefs.

Any friction in this thread is on your head. You have been duplicitous from the beginning IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then back it up. talk is worth nothing. Prove me wrong with factual answers , if you can.

Here is the first question "When we are starting the Salvation process or journey , we are only being drawn by the Father to Christ , we "do not" have the Holy Spirit sealed in us yet? Everyone begins there. correct ?

Why can't you answer how God draws man? You act as though you know nothing about the start of the salvation process.

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please cease from misrepresenting what I have said. That is not true. I never said any such thing.

We surrender our lives day by day and often minute by minute.

What I did stress, however, is that there is a beginning time in the life of faith/surrender/pisteuo where a person becomes a new creation in Christ, is justified before God, sealed by the Holy Spirit, receives the Holy Spirit's ministry as teacher and advocate, is made a part of Christ's body, obtains Him as an advocate for the rest of his life, is raised up and seated with Him in Heaven, receives power and authority to begin to rule with Him by faith in the Kingdom of God,is guaranteed to never again come into condemnation having passed from death to life, begin a transformation through the sanctification process throughout the rest of our lives until his eventual glorification - and I suppose a million other things in the Spirit which we will not understand until we reach maturity and see through the glass more clearly.

You know basic salvation 101? (Or rather as it now seems - you don't know.)

I have no real assurance of what you believe about such things since you are hiding behind this ridiculous posting of the same silly questions again and again without proceeding to tell us your view of the overall process of spiritual life.

I have tried every way I know of from asking outright to trying to shame you for your duplicity to outright saying that I believe you are a false teacher.

That's as far as we went because you refuse to explain in an honest manner what your beliefs are.

Again - please stop lying about what I said.

I said that I felt a bit different from many about exactly what is represented in the parable. I said that I saw all but number one as having "root in them" in the form of the Holy Spirit's activity in various ways.

I said that I likened number one to those who simply call Jesus Lord at one time in their life but do not do so with the true leading of the Holy Spirit. They will likely be the ones who will say, "Lord, Lord" only to have Him say that He never knew them.

None of the others totally "failed" as I see it because they represent true believers of various stripes. Those represented by the 4th group are real over comers in life and will eventually receive various rewards in the end for their walk of faith. Their "works" will shine forth like precious jewels for eternity.

Groups 2 and group 3 represent people who did little in life in so far as yielding to the Lord day by day. Their works will be sparse and end up being burned up like so much wood, hay, and stubble. They will undoubtedly have some good to show for their lives because the works of some kind will always follow true faith. Some however (represented mostly by number 2) will make it to Heaven only "so as by fire".

Some others believe that only group number 4 represent the saved. We can agree to disagree on that interpretation.

But do not suffer the illusion that I have not thought these things through. I probably have thought them through a lot more than you have. My theology is complete in this regard.

My beliefs are in line with basic evangelical Protestant theology. As I have just expressed them - they would fit well with Calvinist as well as Arminian theology.

You may disagree with my views. But it is dishonest to misrepresent my views here on this thread. Please stop it now.

I have read through her posts and this misrepresents her view.

That is because this rather strange "mantra" of yours, "before the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and Gods Word and His promises are ours to claim" has not been explained by you so that people can lay out their views clearly in relation to it.

Perhaps this little trick of wording is your method of hiding your true beliefs until the very end of an argument so that people will not cut you off as a false teacher early on.

I believe that she knows full well what justification means. Her definition may be worded slightly different than yours (and mine) (I'll let her tell you what her definition sounds like). But I do believe that both she and I would pretty much agree with the definition you wrote out.

I have reread her post and I believe you are misrepresenting what she believes.

We all agree that no one has the Holy Spirit (sealed etc.) before an initial act of faith. We believe that that comes after faith.

But we disagree with what you are apparently leading up to. We do not receive the Holy Spirit and all of the other promises of God - down the road after a life of testing - and not initially. We receive that upon the initial passing from death to life.

The Philippian jailer and his family (as an example) was so saved and justified at the beginning of their walk and not after some kind of lifetime testing.

The various epistles are written to people who are saved and sealed already - not to people who may be saved if they pan out as "number 4 parable" types. The various statements about the readers of the epistles (us included) are in the past tense in the basic saved vs. lost sense. The words like justified, sealed, seated, and all the rest have a very distinct and clear "ED" after them do they not?

The only one unwilling to enter into serious discussion is you as just about everyone agree about.

Interestingly you have managed to unite EmSw and I concerning you duplicity. Uniting us on just about anything is exceedingly difficult and rare. :) That in itself should give you a hind about the wrong headedness of your approach to discussion.

There is plenty of discussion to be observed and participate in on the meaning of justification. It can be found here in the forum and it can be found in the writings of the Protestant Reformers and those who followed including so called Arminians.

Perhaps not many are jumping in because of your generally duplicitous approach to things and their notation of your utterly ridiculous multiple postings of questions - even though those questions have been answered already (at least by TBL and me).

You have never shown how our view of salvation does not "hold water". Nor have you shown how yours does.

Our view of the basic understanding of the salvation process has held water for two thousand years and fits well with both Arminian and Calvinistic thought equally as well.

Your works oriented view of the salvation process on the other hand was condemned in no uncertain terms by the Apostle Paul in his letter to the Galatians in the first century.

Tell us exactly what you believe about how salvation works from start to finish in plain words and then people like myself will not have to piece it together the way we have with a chance of misrepresenting your beliefs.

Any friction in this thread is on your head. You have been duplicitous from the beginning IMO.

OK

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
About the parable of the sower and good fruit...
Good fruit is not good works.
Fruit is what comes out from the innermost being of a man.
Clearly all who do not bear good fruit will be cut down and cast into the fire.

So when we confess Christ as Lord we are speaking out from the heart good fruit.
When we teach other and speak and preach the truths of Jesus Christ we are bearing the good fruit.
When we have the fruits of the Spirit in our life, we are bearing the good fruit. But all of the saved have this to different measures,they will bear a harvest for God of good fruit.

The only one who bore the good fruit was the fourth type of person.

Matthew 12
33 “Either make the tree good, and its fruit good, or make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt; for the tree is known by its fruit. 34 You offspring of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. 35 The good man out of his good treasure brings out good things, and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings out evil things. 36 I tell you that every idle word that men speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Matthew 7
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. 16 By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit. 18 A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Galatians teaches what is good fruit, and it comes by the working of the Holy Spirit in us.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

The above verse is NOT talking about our works, but His works in us causing us to bear good fruit.

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
About the parable of the sower and good fruit...
Good fruit is not good works.
Fruit is what comes out from the innermost being of a man.
Clearly all who do not bear good fruit will be cut down and cast into the fire.

So when we confess Christ as Lord we are speaking out from the heart good fruit.
When we teach other and speak and preach the truths of Jesus Christ we are bearing the good fruit.
When we have the fruits of the Spirit in our life, we are bearing the good fruit. But all of the saved have this to different measures,they will bear a harvest for God of good fruit.

The only one who bore the good fruit was the fourth type of person.

Matthew 12
33 “Either make the tree good, and its fruit good, or make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt; for the tree is known by its fruit. 34 You offspring of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. 35 The good man out of his good treasure brings out good things, and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings out evil things. 36 I tell you that every idle word that men speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Matthew 7
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. 16 By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit. 18 A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Galatians teaches what is good fruit, and it comes by the working of the Holy Spirit in us.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

The above verse is NOT talking about our works, but His works in us causing us to bear good fruit.
Very true. Just as the fruit of the spirit are not works but those of the heart and general characteristics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums