Would todays Salvation work for the people before the Bible was comprised ?

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dr Gene Scott , probably the greatest Bible teacher that has ever lived , at least so far.

He taught that , to become a Christian , or to become a sealed temple of the Holy Spirit , he taught , " We grab hold of a promise out of Gods Word , hang our bodies on that promise no matter what the cicumstances around you look like , keep holding on even till death if need be , still holding on when you wake up on the other side .

Thats the best definition of Faith and faithing you'll ever hear. The problem with it though , is he's wrong. We can't grab hold of a promise out of Gods Word at the beginning of the Salvation journey to become "in Christ". The reason is simple , at the beginning of the salvation journey , Gods Word is not ours to claim yet. Because we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us yet , Christ , His Word , and the promises there in , are not ours to claim at that beginning stage of the Salvation process. Rom. 8:9

And so is the reason for this thread , to see if we can learn the correct way to Faithe into Christ , without breaking any of Gods Spiritual laws.

Do people really want to look up his nose and send money to him?

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's nice to know that I can still smell a false teacher from across the internet.

It's nice to know that I haven't misrepresented the OP anywhere along the line.

The creator of this thread not only doesn't understand the basic nature of salvation - with every post he is proving himself to have gone completely mad.

Does anyone know the definition of insanity?

Whether you do or don't - rest assured that you are witnessing insanity displayed in this thread for all to see - post after silly post.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, I think they removed the video.

This works.

This guy seems so fake. Like he's acting swinging his arms about, using a long period of silence. I wonder if he is Word of Faith. My bet is he is without knowing anything about his beliefs or never hearing his name before.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dr Gene Scott , probably the greatest Bible teacher that has ever lived , at least so far.

He taught that , to become a Christian , or to become a sealed temple of the Holy Spirit , he taught , " We grab hold of a promise out of Gods Word , hang our bodies on that promise no matter what the cicumstances around you look like , keep holding on even till death if need be , still holding on when you wake up on the other side .

Thats the best definition of Faith and faithing you'll ever hear. The problem with it though , is he's wrong. We can't grab hold of a promise out of Gods Word at the beginning of the Salvation journey to become "in Christ". The reason is simple , at the beginning of the salvation journey , Gods Word is not ours to claim yet. Because we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us yet , Christ , His Word , and the promises there in , are not ours to claim at that beginning stage of the Salvation process. Rom. 8:9

And so is the reason for this thread , to see if we can learn the correct way to Faithe into Christ , without breaking any of Gods Spiritual laws.
wow. we definitely think differently.

Have you listened to many Bible preachers? There are a lot of good one's out there, my pastor for one.

I can hook you up with good, solid teaching if you want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's nice to know that I can still smell a false teacher from across the internet.

It's nice to know that I haven't misrepresented the OP anywhere along the line.

The creator of this thread not only doesn't understand the basic nature of salvation - with every post he is proving himself to have gone completely mad.

Does anyone know the definition of insanity?

Whether you do or don't - rest assured that you are witnessing insanity displayed in this thread for all to see - post after silly post.
I bet sometime in that preaching he asks for money. 1-800-Sen-dIt0

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This guy seems so fake. Like he's acting swinging his arms about, using a long period of silence. I wonder if he is Word of Faith. My bet is he is without knowing anything about his beliefs or never hearing his name before.

I saw him a couple of times on TV when he was alive, and had to change channels.

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
wow. we definitely think differently.

Have you listened to many Bible preachers? There are a lot of good one's out there, my pastor for one.

I can hook you up with good, solid teaching if you want.

I

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Scott's messages were good when he was alive.
To follow him though, is carnal (sinful) and won't work -
same as the Apostles said "don't be carnal saying I follow "A", I follow "B"...."
ditto
for the other leaders/ teachers mentioned in this thread and on this forum elsewhere -- it is simply carnal to defend them(or try to)
or to preach their 'gospel' instead of the gospel of JESUS. As YHWH says in SCRIPTURE, it is carnal (sinful) and won't work (won't save anyone).
Instead,
TEST everything, whether Scott taught it, or anyone else, even the Apostles - everything must be in line with SCRIPTURE (not men's interpretations ,\ever)...
before being accepted as TRUTH.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Here is the first question "When we are starting the Salvation process or journey , we are only being drawn by the Father to Christ , we "do not" have the Holy Spirit sealed in us yet? Everyone begins there. correct ?

Yes , i know , this is self explanatory. None of us are born with the Holy Spirit "sealed in us" . So there must be some kind of process that can make someone like us potential temples of the Holy Spirit.

At the very start of this process , is the drawing of the Father to Christ. Nobody comes to Christ unless the Father draws them.
Why is the Father drawing us to Christ ?
Because Christ is not ours yet.

Rom. 8:9 tells us , that if we do not have the Spirit of Christ sealed inside us , Christ is none of ours. Now if we don't have the Spirit of Christ , like at the beginning of the Salvation process , Christ is none of ours , and naturally , Gods Word and His promises can't be ours either.

So what would be the next step in the process , remembering the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and His Word and promises are not ours to Claim yet?

Still looking for people who are legitimately passionate about knowing the truth about Faith and faithing , and how it is applied at the beginning of the Salvation process. If you have an understanding on this , you will be asked to support it.

So far no one has been able to support their understanding .
The demonstration of insanity continues with every single silly repetition.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lets recap this thread.

I asked the question , can Salvation or Faith and faithing work for people before Gods Word was available?

I also asked the few people that responded to share their understanding about how Faith and faithing works in the beginning of the Salvation journey .

Marvin agreed with me that at the very start of the process , we are only being drawn by the Father. Marvin also agreed with me that at that beginning point , we do not have the Spirit of Christ "sealed inside us". Marvin also agreed with me about Rom. 8:9 , where it states that if we don't have the Spirit of Christ "sealed inside us" we do not have Christ , His Word , or his promises there in. Marvin also agreed that the next thing that needs to happen is "pisteuo" or Faithing into Christ . He went on to agree that "pisteuo" or true Faithing into Christ is , "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender. Marvin then stopped at that point , claiming that we only surrender our lives to Christ the one time , and thats it. I then asked about the Parable of the sower which is a necessary happening in the Salvation process , and how under his understanding 3 out of the 4 failures would already have the Spirit of Christ in them . That means in Marvins understanding the 3 that failed would be failing with the Holy Spirit in them. I wouldn't agree with him on that , so thats as far as we went . But i was happy about the things we agreed on.

TBL agreed with me that at the start of the Salvation process , we are only being drawn by the Father. She refused to say that we "do not" have the Spirit of Christ at that beginning point. So she stopped any productive discussion at that point . TBL did mention that in her understanding , we are justified at the beginning point , before the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and Gods Word and His promises are ours to claim. I didn't pursue that understanding of TBL's , because she has a fundamentle misunderstanding of what "justication" means. Justification has a very simple definition , it means "to be seen as just like Christ. " I don't know why anyone would think we are seen by the Father "as just like Christ" at the beginning of the journey , before the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and His word and promises are ours to claim. And according to TBL , we would be seen as just like Christ before our first act of Faith and faithing. I asked her to start a thread on justification , but i haven't seen one yet.

Other than those two , there has been alot of hit and runs , but no serious discussions about the topic of this thread.

So as of this point , know one has displayed an understanding of Faith , faithing , or the beginning of the Salvation process that will hold water.

Marvin mentioned there was many here who would back his understanding up. Not one has done so.

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We [ecclesia] don't follow any man; not Marvin, not graham, not priests, not bishops, especially not the oop, not pastors, not evangelists, not teachers.

We [ecclesia] abide in Y'SHUA MESSIAH.

Last edited:
Upvote 0