Would todays Salvation work for the people before the Bible was comprised ?

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If theres anyone following this thread and would like to start a discussion from the beginning , here are the questions i've asked. At the beginning of the Salvation journey , the very start "do you agree" that we are drawn to Christ by the father , and that at that beginning point we "do not" have the Spirit of Christ "sealed" in us yet ?
If we are talking about that portion secret and invisible part of the " salvation journey" prior to belief and confession then the answer is YES - for the last of a great many times.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The reason I feel and charge that "another gospel" is being preached here is because the concept used as a basis for the understanding of the "salvation process" in his gospel is so deeply flawed that it can never be part correct understanding of the true gospel.
I suppose that I could be "misrepresenting" the beliefs of the OP. But how would I know since he won't come out and tell any but the most susceptible to false teachings exactly what those beliefs are?
If he does and I am wrong in my assessment - I will gladly and openly recant any of my wrong representations of his positions.
I don't even want to reply to this, yet the need is so great everywhere for people seeking YHWH the CREATOR HIMSELF, (SALVATION/ HEALING) ,
to do as HE SAYS - TEST TEST TEST - TEST EVERYTHING and do not believe any gospel that is different than the one GOSPEL OF JESUS ONCE FOR ALL DELIVERED BY YHWH and PERFECT IN SCRIPTURE and in SPIRIT(YHWH'S SPIRIT).
TEST TEST TEST
repeat repeat repeat the need to TEST TEST TEST (I got in the most trouble, and lost the most all my life, when I accepted what pastors, or my parents, or my doctors, or my teachers or ANYONE said,
without TESTING TESTING TESTING it.
Yes, I was NOT raised to TEST what my parents said ,
I was NOT raised to TEST what my pastor(s) said,
I was NOT raised to TEST what my fiance' said,
I was NOT raised to TEST(nor even ever QUESTION !?#!?# what my DOCTOR SAID) (THAT was more VERBOTEN (and is more abhorred TODAY here on the forum and most churches; than questioning about FAITH !?!?)
and
they
all
ALL
everyone
lied
to
me
and to everyone else. (found out AFTER TESTING) duh...... so why are we all taught NOT TO TEST when we NEED TO TEST EVERYTHING !?!?

So, as the title/ op says "WOULD TODAY'S SALVATION WORK" ..... ?
the
simple
up front answer
is
it does not even work TODAY..... usually. By far.

But
the same TRUE SALVATION ALWAYS, since before eternity to eternally forever future,
is still the same TRUE SALVATION.
The trial and struggle is TO FIND HIM (YHWH THE CREATOR).

(IN JESUS ALWAYS)

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is the first question "When we are starting the Salvation process or journey , we are only being drawn by the Father to Christ , we "do not" have the Holy Spirit sealed in us yet? Everyone begins there. correct ?

Yes , i know , this is self explanatory. None of us are born with the Holy Spirit "sealed in us" . So there must be some kind of process that can make someone like us potential temples of the Holy Spirit.

At the very start of this process , is the drawing of the Father to Christ. Nobody comes to Christ unless the Father draws them.
Why is the Father drawing us to Christ ?
Because Christ is not ours yet.

Rom. 8:9 tells us , that if we do not have the Spirit of Christ sealed inside us , Christ is none of ours. Now if we don't have the Spirit of Christ , like at the beginning of the Salvation process , Christ is none of ours , and naturally , Gods Word and His promises can't be ours either.

So what would be the next step in the process , remembering the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and His Word and promises are not ours to Claim yet?

How does God draw men to Christ?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is the first question "When we are starting the Salvation process or journey , we are only being drawn by the Father to Christ , we "do not" have the Holy Spirit sealed in us yet? Everyone begins there. correct ?

Yes , i know , this is self explanatory. None of us are born with the Holy Spirit "sealed in us" . So there must be some kind of process that can make someone like us potential temples of the Holy Spirit.

At the very start of this process , is the drawing of the Father to Christ. Nobody comes to Christ unless the Father draws them.

Rom. 8:9 tells us , that if we do not have the Spirit of Christ sealed inside us , Christ is none of ours. Now if we don't have the Spirit of Christ , like at the beginning of the Salvation process , Christ is none of ours , and naturally , Gods Word and His promises can't be ours either.

So what would be the next step in the process , remembering the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and His Word and promises are not ours to Claim yet?

You didn't answer my question. Here it is again. HOW does God draw men to Christ? By what means does He draw them?

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
In the context of the times and struggles, my answer would b yes. It is a contextual apparatus after all isn't it? Faith?

Made by something eternal that knows everything from the beginning. It is a love hate relationship. Asking to be greater than what we imagine we're worthy of. It's a no win situation if we go by the book.
That's why since it was written we've arrived where we are now. Because no matter what each person that looks to somethign that promises to save them, will find a reason first that they feel they need to be saved. And from that point on they're seeking for that whic is the best fit. To feel the most comfortable doing whatever it takes, putting in the most or the least effort, in order to feel deserving after we've first agreed we're less than.

It keeps life interesting to create your own god and then seek out your highest aspiration for its repair.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

The entire salvation process probably takes 3 seconds or less. It's not like there is a wait or something.

God is pretty efficient. It might not even be a whole second.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This thread isn't about the many different ways the Father draws us , only that he does draw us at the beginning of the process.

Perhaps you could start you own convo on that specific topic , mine is specifically about how Faith works at the beginning of the process.

So, you take this thread and say the Father draws men to Christ, but you have no idea how He does it. How does one get to 'faith' without knowing if he is drawn or not?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
EMSw , i've given you a shot at having a legit discussion. You and i are not only on the same page , were in different universes. I have no desire to even talk about the weather with you much less something i hold dear to my heart.

Do what you gota do , kick, scream , derail, thats what your good at so get it out of your system. Unless you have a change of heart which i'm always open to.

Is this what Gene Scott taught you?

Didn't he scream and kick?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who's Gene Scott? Do tell.

The following YouTube video of Dr. Gene Scott (1929-2005) ranting and raving is disgraceful. He surely is NOT preaching the Word of God. He repeatedly curses in God's name (bleeped out), and you can hear Mr. Scott openly admit to cursing in God's name.

He claims he is not cursing in God's name; but rather "defining" his message. Clearly, Mr. Scott is a false prophet, who doesn't quote even one Scripture, and doesn't say anything of substance in his words. Here's the despicable video...

I guess they removed that video. You can find plenty on him through a search.

Upvote 0