Would marry someone outside your race?

Would you marry someone outside your race?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rhamiel said:
true, race is a social construct, that is something that people do not take in to account, but I do not think that makes it less "real" it is just real in a differant way then how most people think
Yes people still view in terms of external features. Very inaccurate....

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
true, race is a social construct, that is something that people do not take in to account, but I do not think that makes it less "real"
it is just real in a differant way then how most people think

If race is a social construct, what is Christianity? And why can't people see their identity in Christ as more real than race?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I used to say no, but with the qualifier that Mexican men were not my cup of tea. But I was a white teenage girl living in a Mexican ghetto portion of the city I lived in at the time and the only Mexican-American men I had come in contact with didn't seem to know how to behave in a way that attracted women. The boys would whistle at me and say rude things and if I did try to make friends with them they would talk in Spanish behind my back and then laugh at me for not understanding, and they would ask really personal questions really fast while I still didn't know if I could trust them or not and it scared me. We did have two nice male neighbors, but they were older men and I didn't like the idea of being attracted to anyone who was old enough to be my parent. Anyway, through my experience at the time I was turned off to Mexican men, but now I realize that my attitudes were incorrect and racist. I was grouping people together without giving the benefit of the doubt to individuals and just because the teenage boys I came in contact with were rude doesn't mean they don't grow out of that just like any other teenagers. God used my views in an ironic and humorous way in the end though, because my current boyfriend of almost two years is Mexican-American and we're planning to be married someday soon. He treats me with a lot more respect than the teenage boys in my neighborhood did. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would not marry outside my race, but it has nothing to do with racism. I simply do not find women of other races to be attractive. Their facial features and physical structure of their body is unappealing to me. I happen to be one of those "evil" men to whom appearance matters.

Upvote 0
G

Godislove94

Yes, absolutely! I've seen some wonderful Christ-centered mixed race marriages! And I've always noticed how mixed children can sometimes be amazingly beautiful/talented. Really, why should it matter as long as both partners have their lives in order, are of the same faith, love each other unconditionally, and especially if it's evident that God planned for them to be together. :)

Upvote 0