Would like a good bible or interlinear bible recommendation

Christie Duncan

Nov 23, 2015
✟15,111.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Engaged
My fiancé and I have recently began following the Messianic Judasim religion and would like some recommendations on a good bible version or interlinear bible that is true to the religion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have looked into the CJB version, the Word of Yahweh, and the JPS version. Thanks in advance.

sahjimira

God of miracles.. He saved ME!
Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
[Qwould"Christie Duncan, post: 68897495, member: 382493"]My fiancé and I have recently began following the Messianic Judasim religion and would like some recommendations on a good bible version or interlinear bible that is true to the religion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have looked into the CJB version, the Word of Yahweh, and the JPS version. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
I would too! What is theJPS?

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟997,521.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My fiancé and I have recently began following the Messianic Judasim religion and would like some recommendations on a good bible version or interlinear bible that is true to the religion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have looked into the CJB version, the Word of Yahweh, and the JPS version. Thanks in advance.

I personally don't care for the CJB. It uses the English term "God" instead of "Elohim", and you should check out what it does to Revelation 1:8. :doh:

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟997,521.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The Scriptures
HalleluYah Scriptures
The Cepher

At first I thought the Cepher looked good, but it uses a translation for the name of the Messiah, Yahusha, that I've never seen anywhere else. It's too disorienting for my taste. I like the look of the Scriptures because it actually leaves divine names in the Hebrew, but from what I understand, it's a product of the Sacred Name movement, and that's a theology I'm leery of.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's one by a man...his last name is Stern...forget his first name now.... But its a Jps...he also has a commentary...I plan to get those. Those were highly recommended to me
George Ricker Berry's English-Greek Interlinear New Testament is useful, with both the English 'sideways word-list' between the Greek lines, and the English in the margin also.

It's put out by Baker Book House.

Upvote 0