would God ever lead someone away from the Church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I agree. If you absolutely know something is the truth and walk away that would be wrong.

but there are also people who just don't care enough to seek the truth, or seek it in a biased way. Sometimes we think we are sincere but we really aren't. This has happened to me.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
but there are also people who just don't care enough to seek the truth, or seek it in a biased way. Sometimes we think we are sincere but we really aren't. This has happened to me.

This is why jesus says we have to become a little child if we are ever going to make it.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Rhamiel, but the deal is this; ppl can be willfully ignorant, they want to believe what they want and they do not want to be corrected. They do not want to accept a view other then their own and hey call it conscious or conviction.

Shrug... what do you do with that?

what to do about that? you are judging another person's heart and why they don't believe as you do.

I'm happy you are a Catholic...really.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Some people believe that simply because they don't believe it is the truth, that is tantamount to "not knowing the truth."

You (general sense) can't necessarily disbelieve in something and deliberately act as if it is simple ignorance of not knowing it's truth.

I'm not saying all people do this. But I sense that some do and that peeves me.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
what to do about that? you are judging another person's heart and why they don't believe as you do.

I'm happy you are a Catholic...really.

Nope not judging any one's heart... that is the point, we can not. not even you can judge yourself. only the Lord knows why a person rejects and if God is leading and granting the grace, and a person willfully remains ignorant-- ??? :crossrc: is all we are saying.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Some people believe that simply because they don't believe it is the truth, that is tantamount to "not knowing the truth."

You (general sense) can't necessarily disbelieve in something and act as if it is simple ignorance of not knowing it's truth.

Exactly.

What is just an excuse "I just don't believe" and what is truly disbelief through no fault of yours.

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is why jesus says we have to become a little child if we are ever going to make it.

:thumbsup:

I find that is so hard for me though :( I do not know how.

You (general sense) can't necessarily disbelieve in something and deliberately act as if it is simple ignorance of not knowing it's truth.

I'm not saying all people do this. But I sense that some do and that peeves me.

actually this is true.. we can't say who exactly does this and who doesn't, but it's very probable that some people do.

Amen. Only God alone knows the thoughts and intentions of our hearts.

yes, but we do not always know our own intentions. the heart is deceitful above all things. people are good at convincing themselves of things. Last December, I really felt that God was leading me to believe in the Eucharist, yet I knew this would mean leaving my non denom church and I didn't want to... so I tried convincing myself of all kinds of things just to escape these thoughts, and actually it worked... I was a happy Protestant again.. for a while. Eventually God convinced me about the Eucharist, and it happened pretty dramatically cause I was so resistant. To this day I don't know why He didn't just give up on me and leave me in the non denom church, but I'm glad He didn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
yes, but we do not always know our own intentions. the heart is deceitful above all things. people are good at convincing themselves of things. Last December, I really felt that God was leading me to believe in the Eucharist, yet I knew this would mean leaving my non denom church and I didn't want to... so I tried convincing myself of all kinds of things just to escape these thoughts, and actually it worked... I was a happy Protestant again.. for a while. Eventually God convinced me about the Eucharist, and it happened pretty dramatically cause I was so resistant. To this day I don't know why He didn't just give up on me and leave me in the non denom church, but I'm glad He didn't.

"To know thyself..." someone said that, don't know who but it's a tremendous grace and blessing to know yourself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.