Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey! :)

We are wanting two songs to have our singers perform whilst we are signing the registry.

What choruses did you use during your ceremony, if any? Nearly all Christian weddings I've been to have had choruses sung during the ceremony, and so I'm sorry if that's not the 'norm' for you guys. :)

We would like some inspiration! :D

Sasch

JulesM

UK Female
May 18, 2004
Brighton UK
✟15,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sascha

We're going to have two worship songs (In Christ Alone & How Great Thou Art) for us and the congregation, during the ceremony.

During signing the register we'll probably go for secular music. Our song is 'Happy Together' by The Turtles - so that will be one of them.

I went to a wedding recently where they played 'I'm a Believer' - The Monkees and 'Lovely Day' - Bill Withers.

I also went to another wedding where we sung worship songs during the signing. So pick your favourite hymns?

Upvote 0

wemmick

Jun 25, 2004
✟7,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A dear friend of ours sang two songs by Watermark, "Captivate Us," and "Knees to the Earth." Our congregational hymn (that everyone sang) was "O God Beyond All Praising," and I also like "Praise My Soul, the King of Heaven." Our mothers and grandmothers were seated during "Great is Thy Faithfulness." And my brother and sil used "Give Thanks," as a worship chorus during theirs. I've also heard "Shine on Us" used and recently "I Saw the Light" (they recessed to it--very sweet and fun).

Upvote 0

Jillymac

God is my Strength
Feb 3, 2005
Scotland
✟18,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sascha

We've got a brass quintet playing so we wanted something a bit more traditional to fit with them so the old classic wedding hymn "Love Divine" is our first song.

I've got family who do not attend church and really wanted to show them that church isn't all hymny so i've picked a slow worship song (which will be played on the piano)
called "I need You more" these are the words

(CHORUS)
i need you more, more than yesterday
i need you more, more than words can say
i need you more, than ever before
i need you more, i need you more

(VERSE)
More than the air i breathe
More than the songs i sing
More than the next heartbeat
More than anything, and Lord as time goes by
I'll be by your side
Cause i never want to go back to my old life

(Then Chorus again)

(BRIDGE)
Right here in Your presence is where i belong
Now this old broken heart has finally found a home
And i'll never be alone

(finish with chorus)

Upvote 0

Woohaar

Mrs Kiwishaq
Jun 5, 2004
Whangarei
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we actually had no worship songs in our wedding - just in and out! I think the whole service took about 20 minutes! (the minister did give a short sermon)

In terms of other songs, I walked in to "Hey Flower" by the lads, we signed the register to "This is Forever" by Pual Coleman Trio, and walked out to "Beautiful Day" by U2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums