Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worship & Praise written by men & women who have fallen from grace

Discussion in 'CF Polls Archive' started by Droobie, Feb 26, 2009.

Are songs written by people who have found to have sinned still valid?

1. Of course - the songs are God inspired

2. No - they shouldn't be played again

3. Not sure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Droobie

Droobie Rebmem Raluger

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    AU-Liberals
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Praise & worship plays a huge role in a modern day christian's walk. But as we all know, not everyone is perfect, and indeed some people fall from grace. We hear of those who have written inspirational songs of hope that have touched millions, only to find that their own personal lives are clouded by sins such addiction, lust and lying. Are those songs that they wrote still valid? Can they still be sung or played in church?

2. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 It's amazing what we take for granted Staff Member Supervisor Supporter Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Methodist
    Sure, no one is without sin. Even some of the psalms talked about being a sinner but still praising God

3. Sibs

Sibs Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    I've voted yes. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God before or after the inspired song shouldn't really matter...HOWEVER I admit I am having a challenge with a book that I read by Bishop Weeks - Teach me how to Love you AWESOME book with great insight about women but after the fall ish ....

4. Followers4christ

Followers4christ Love my wife and 2 sons. God is great!!

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Voted yes! because we as humans beings ALL fall short of the glory of God and we are all sinners and this is why we all need Jesus Christ in our lives. God Bless

5. Audiomatic

Audiomatic Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    If the song is meaningful to me, I'll listen to it regardless of the circumstances. However, if we're leading the congregation in worship we need to consider how each individual may respond. If just one person might find a song objectionable, why take that risk? I'm "I don't know" leaning toward "probably not."

6. Konnie

Konnie Bound For Promised Land

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course - they're God inspired

7. bluetick76

bluetick76 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Christian
  8. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Of course they are ok. The songs were inspired by God. By this, I do not mean that the songs had the same kind of inspiration as the Bible but that God inspired the person to create the songs in some way or another such as by having them look at nature and see God's wonders in nature.

9. Moxie123

Moxie123 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I like this question a lot.

I remember back in the 90s when a couple Christian pop artists got divorced and the Christian radio stations refused to play their songs.

This kind of intolerance turned my stomach.

10. ShaolinWarrior27

ShaolinWarrior27 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    ^What I was thinking. That entire thing was ludicrous. *shakes head* I can't believe people react to stuff sometimes.
    Everybody's screwed up in different ways. If imperfect people weren't allowed to right songs, we wouldn't have any music.

11. Timothew

Timothew Τιμοθέῳ γνησίῳ τέκνῳ ἐν πίστει

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    We have this treasure from God, we keep it in our jars of clay.
    We fall, the jars are chipped, they bang against each other, but the treasure is still priceless.

The songs that helped me in the past, still help me now, even though I now know some things that I have no right to know about the artists.

12. meinabox

meinabox Guest

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
    Romans 8:28

and not exactly on point but
    You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
    Genesis 50:20

13. The message/words in their songs were inspired by God. If the artist has fallen I believe the songs are still just as valid as before they fell!