World War Three warning from Turkey sparks fears of attack - but how do you survive nuclear bomb?

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A few years ago, a book was published online on how to survive a nuclear attack written by the US government. I read it and found that it had some fascinating answers. First, military strikes have strategic reasons. If you live near a potential strike area, you need to determine that in advance. Second, if you are on the outskirts of a strike, radiation that is harmful lasts only two weeks. One can dig a hole only a few feet underground and cover it with metal or rock and only need to stay a short time underground before coming out. Iodine, not idodized salt, will offset radiation sickness.

I printed the book, because things don't stay online but you are in luck, the book is still online. The title of the book is, "Nuclear War Survival Skills" written by Cresson He. Kearny from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US Dept of Energy. Here is the link: http://www.oism.org/nwss/.

There are many reasons to be a prepper, and right now the reasons are multiplying. Even if you are no where near the strike areas, the strikes will cause massive disruption of our society. And if no strikes occur at all, weather problems, aging technical grids, and a potential collapse of the fiat money system are all reasons to stock up on food, water, and alternative shelter accommodations. Maintain a medical supply kit, too. And stay fit and healthy will increase your survival in any scenario.

But most of all, put your trust in God. Jesus said he would never forsake us nor leave us. Be sensitive to His Spirit and learn to follow the leading of his Spirit.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
My Uncle was a researcher. He was on the fringes of the atomic bomb efforts in WW II and then later at least close enough to see the results of radiation exposure.

His advice?

Pray that you are at ground zero for a quick clean death.

For anyone over 50 and quite a few much younger remember that any breakdown of society means your meds are gone. The only ones I can think of where that is not a huge problem will be people who are on blood pressure meds where losing weight is a viable solution. Post breakdown losing weight will become easy, but not fun.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

"Protect and Survive" was a series of informational videos put out by the British government during the Cold War instructing people on how to prepare for a nuclear attack and survive in its aftermath. The videos are depressingly thorough, and even include such topics as "How to react if someone who is sheltered with you dies before the authorities arrive.". This link here takes you to the full series, set on "playlist" so that they come one after another.

Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One more resource. A few years ago, CBS had a TV show called Jericho that lasted 2 seasons before ending. Netflix has it online and it is worth watching as they dramatize how people would react after a nuclear explosion that destroys Denver and other cities in the USA. It gives a realistic scenario of what could happen.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"Protect and Survive" was a series of informational videos put out by the British government during the Cold War instructing people on how to prepare for a nuclear attack and survive in its aftermath. The videos are depressingly thorough, and even include such topics as "How to react if someone who is sheltered with you dies before the authorities arrive.". This link here takes you to the full series, set on "playlist" so that they come one after another.
Thanks for the link. The series was excellent. I will download and keep on file for future reference. It had straight forward and practical advise.
Those who are making snarky comments in this thread are failing to plan and planning to fail.

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone ever pondered how the world is actually more peaceful because of nuclear weapons? They are in reality, despite their terrifying power, the biggest peace makers of all time (unless someone is crazy enough to actually use them). There hasn't been a 'big' war since they came into existence.

You would think after 2 world wars, humans would have lost their taste for war....but I have no doubt in the 50's, in a nuclear free world, we would have seen World War 3 (probably between the Allies and Soviets) and depending on how that went, maybe a few more 'World Wars' may have happened over the next 50 years.

Heck there is a good chance that without nuclear weapons, a few (or many) of us may not even exist today, as our ancestors might have died in 'nuke free' World War 3. I can only imagine that would have been a real nasty one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Depending upon the amount of explosions... well... hope you can survive the fallout and nuclear winter!
Those would be the big threats to some. The area I live would be glowing it would get hit so hard.

Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Time to invest in suntan lotion!
29906170001_5095503930001_5095490963001-vs.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is going to nuclear war over Syria. We might, in different times, have done so over Israel--we did go up a DEFCON notch in 73 when it looked like the Sixth Fleet was going to duke with the Soviet navy in the eastern Med.

A much, much scarier four days occurred in November 83. I was terrified--didn't even leave the SAC underground the entire time. Even the generals had faces as gray as concrete. We were really, really preparing for war as furiously as we could. I was praying, "Jesus, stop us!"

But nothing like that is on the horizon now.

If the worst did happen, the southern hemisphere will not only be nearly unscathed, their lives won't even change appreciably (South Sudanese will hardly notice, although granted their lives are pretty nasty already).

There won't be a "nuclear winter" to any appreciable extent--that was debunked long ago scientifically. New and better computer models.

Back in the latter 70s, President Carter ordered us at SAC to think beyond the Major Attack Option and create a plan for a nuclear "Enduring Deterrence."

I was involved in that, which was pretty tough because I knew I'd be dead. But we did the calculations on who would be able to survive and where. Essentially, if you're more than 100 miles from the nearest detonation (and most will be counter-force strikes, not population center strikes) and have sealed supplies for 30 days, you can make it. Initial radiation problems will be alpha particles--dust--for a couple of weeks. Avoid ingesting it. Wash frequently, eat and drink only from sealed containers. But alpha particles have a short half life.

Life will ratchet back in many ways about 150 years. If you want to use the gun in the mouth option some time later, that's always available. But life can go on.

Don't expect a lot of warning, though. You probably didn't even realize the scares of 73 and 83 even happened.

Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0