"Words kill": Israeli office manager suicides following viral accusations of racism on Facebook

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
‘Words Kill’: Black Woman Claimed She Faced Racism at a Government Office. Then People Online Went After the Manager, and He Did Something Tragic | The Blaze

Right before he shot himself to death, Ariel Ronis, 47, a manager at the Population, Immigration and Border Authority, described on Facebook how ashamed he felt for being disparaged online and in the Israel media over what he said was an unfounded claim.

He revealed that he founded a multi-faith group last year to promote equality of minority groups in Israel before signing off with a “Goodbye!”
“My friends and family have given support. It was clear to everyone that the lady made a mistake in choosing her target. But acquaintances are few compared to those who do not know [me] and were quick to judge. My name that I worked for years to build, is now synonymous with the worst description that could be tied to me – racism,” he wrote.

“I want to emphasize that I am not angry with her, and seeing by her pictures she seems to have already managed to overcome the ‘severe blow’ she experienced. I cannot. Goodbye!!” he wrote before committing suicide.