Wordless Salvation Book

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
Tell the message of salvation to a child with your Bible and this wonderful little book! Allow the child to interact with you. Scripture references in parenthesis are for your study. A few verses are quoted for use with the child. Begin your conversation by introducing yourself and finding out the child's name so you may call him by name throughout your presentation. Be sure to tell this story enthusiastically. It is the way of salvation for your listener!

[size=+2]The Story[/size]
  • Have you ever seen a book without words or pictures? (Fan the pages showing colors.)
  • This book of colored pages tells a wonderful story from the Bible about the true and living God who made the world. I call my book a Wordless Book. Each color reminds me of part of the story. Would you like to hear it? (response)
  • Have you ever peeked at the back page of a book to see if the ending is happy or sad? (response) I have! Let's look at the last page first. It tells us about a very exciting place.
Turn to the Gold Page
[size=+5]GOLD PAGE[/size]
  • (Experience has proved it is wise to begin with the gold page, stressing the love of God.)
  • The gold page reminds me of Heaven. Do you know what Heaven is? (response) Heaven is God's home. The Bible tells us that in Heaven, the street of the city is pure, clear gold-like glass (Rev. 21:21). God tells us many other things about His home. No one is ever sick there. No one ever dies. There is no night there. Every person in Heaven will be perfectly happy--always (Rev. 21:4-23). The most wonderful thing about Heaven is that God the Father and His Son, the Lord Jesus, are there.
  • God made heaven and earth. Can you name some other things He made? (sun, moon, stars, trees and flowers) He made you, too, and He loves you very much. The Bible says, "For God so loved the world . . . (Jn. 3:16). This means He loves each person--including you and me. Because God made you and loves you, He wants you to be part of His family and be with Him in Heaven someday. What a special place Heaven is! It is perfect because God is perfect.
  • But there is one thing that can never be in Heaven.
  • Turn to the Black page
  • [size=+5]DARK PAGE[/size] (Use this page to stress the spiritual need of the child. As you talk about sin, pray that the Holy Spirit will bring conviction.) That one thing is sin. This dark page reminds me of sin. Because you and I are sinners we want to have our own way instead of God's way. Wanting our own way is sin. Doing, or saying, or thinking bad things is sin. Sin is disobeying the rules God has given in His book, the Bible. Sin causes sadness in our world. Can you think of some things that are sin? (response) Do you know that you are a sinner? God's Word says. "For all have sinned" (Rom. 3:23). All means every one of us, including you and me. Sin separates you and me from God because He is perfectly right--without any sin at all. God cannot allow sin where He is. God has said sin must be punished. The punishment for sin is death--to be separated from God forever (Rom. 6:23). God knew there was nothing you could do to get rid of your sin. He knew you could not be good enough to please Him. But He loves you and wants you to be His child. So He made a way for you to be forgiven.

Go to the RED page

[size=+5]RED PAGE[/size]
    (Use this page to stress the way of salvation through the death of Christ.)
    The red page shows the way. God loves you so much. He sent His own Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to earth from Heaven. He was born as a tiny baby. Do you know when we celebrate His birth? (response) He grew up and became a man. Jesus was different than any other person who lived on the earth. He never did even one wrong thing. He is perfect. But one day wicked men put a crown of thorns on His head and nailed the Lord Jesus to a cross. The Bible says while He hung there, God put all your sins on Him (Isa. 53:6). All your anger, all your lies and your meanness--all your sin was put on the Son of God. When Jesus was nailed to the cross, what came from His hands and His feet? (blood) The Bible says that without giving of blood, there is no forgiveness (Heb 9:22). Jesus took your punishment of death for sin. He suffered so much. Then He cried with a loud voice, "It is finished." When you finish a job, how much is left to do? Nothing. The Lord Jesus came to earth to take our punishment for sin. And He finished the work when He died on that cross. The Bible says, "Christ died for our sins ... and was buried" (1 Cor. 15:3). But after three days the most wonderful thing happened. God gave Him life again. He raised Jesus from the dead. Jesus is a living Savior (1 Cor. 15:4). He wants to be your Savior--to save you from your sin.

Go to the White page

[size=+5]CLEAN PAGE[/size]
    (Use this page to stress the child's part--to believe on the Lord Jesus as his personal Savior.)This page reminds me that you can be made clean from sin (Ps. 51:7). God tells us about it in the Bible. (Let child read the whole verse with you.)
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Are you part of the world? (response) Yes, God loves you. God says if you believe in Jesus you will not perish--you will not be separated from God forever. He will forgive your sins. God says, "whosoever believeth." We could put your name in the place "whosoever." If you believe in Jesus as Savior, what will He give you? (everlasting life) That's the kind of life you need to live in Heaven with God. If you believe on the Lord Jesus as your Savior, He will forgive your sin. And He will be with you always and give you power to obey God. You can tell Jesus today that you have sinned and that you believe He died for you.

Go to the Green page

[size=+5]GREEN PAGE[/size]
    (Stress spiritual growth on this page.)The color green reminds me of things which are growing, like leaves, grass, flowers and trees. This page reminds me of the new life, the everlasting life, you have received from God. When you believe on the Lord Jesus as your Savior from sin, you are like a newborn baby in God's family. God wants you to grow in a special way. The Bible tells you to "grow in .. .the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Pet. 3:18). As you learn more about Jesus from the Bible you will learn how to keep from sinning (Ps. 119:11). Ask Him each day to help you obey Him. When you do sin, tell God you have sinned. He will forgive you right away. The Bible says, "If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn. 1:9). Ask Him to help you not to do that wrong thing again. (Lead the child in thanking God for His promise to help.) (As time permits, talk with the child about those things which will help him grow as a member of God's family. Explain you are not talking about growing taller or gaining weight, but learning to love and please the Lord Jesus more.)
    1. 1. Talk to God--pray(l Thess. 5:17).
      2. Listen to God--learn God's Word by reading and memorizing it (Ps. 119:11)
      3. Talk for God--witness or tell others-- about Him (Mk. 16:15).
      4.Worship God--go to Sunday school and church (Heb. 10:25).
    Before the child leaves,
    1. 1. Give him a tract or correspondence course.
      2. Have him say a thank-you prayer for what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for him.
      3. Pray for him.
      4. Request his name and address for follow-up.
    1. You can make a booklet with construction paper and tie is together with string or ribbon or have the children make bracelets using a gold ( yellow) red, white, black and green bead ( in the order of the story) and teach them the story and make them a bracelet to take home and share with family and friends!
    1. wbcraft1.jpg

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
I have taught Children's Church for many years and this story is one of the favorites among the kids. They want to hear it all the time. Child Evangelism Fellowship has a song (with the illustrated words) based on this song. Each page of the Visualize Song Book is the respective color.

The words are:

My heart was dark with sin,
Until the Savior came in.
His precious blood I know,
Has washed me white as snow.
And in God's word I'm told,
I'll walk the streets of gold.
To grow in Christ each day,
I'll read my Bible and pray.

They have an online Catalog where you can order it. The link for the "Wordless Book Song" is here. If you work with children, CEF is a wonderful organization with some awesome resources. I have used their "stories" and "songs" for years. In fact, I have every one of their songs - the "illustrated songbook" - and my kids LOVE them. Each has a Bible Verse at the end of the song.

Upvote 0