Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
History was made on Wednesday, 25 November, when a Catholic Confirmation Mass was celebrated at Worcester Anglican Cathedral.

Bishop Robert Byrne, auxiliary of Birmingham was chief celebrant at the Mass. Nearly fifty children from two Catholic parishes - Our Lady Queen of Peace and St George's - were confirmed during the service.

As the two parishes are now linked with a sole parish priest, Father Brian McGinley, it was decided to hold a joint service but the respective churches weren't big enough, so Father Brian approached the Dean of Worcester Cathedral who was happy to oblige.

Father Brian welcomed the occasion as "another sign of the deepening bonds of friendship and co-operation amongst Worcester Christians."

And what a magnificent cathedral in a beautiful part of England.........
Worcester.jpg

images

Worcester_cathedral_005.JPG

IMG_0048.jpg

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,394.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
AND ??

Please do not bring this old dispute into the thread.

It's nice to see the Anglicans helping Latin Catholics out . I suspect that this happens more than we know.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
AND ??

Please do not bring this old dispute into the thread.

It's nice to see the Anglicans helping Latin Catholics out . I suspect that this happens more than we know.

It certainly does , Anhelyna .

Our church had to be closed a few years ago for renovation .

The Anglicans just round the corner offered their church for use on Sundays .

As is typical in this part of the world , the offer was taken up , and the Catholics of my parish were able to celebrate their Sunday Masses in the neighbouring Anglican church .

That's good......simple as .

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0