fairykate

Jun 5, 2010
Oklahoma City
✟7,611.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I was living with a man much older than myself, in sin, and together we decided to live a clean life as christ would want it and marry. We asked for forgiveness for our previos sin and are living in a faith based marriage now. Does god care about the age difference ina man and woman if they are living in a faith based marriage?

Hakan101

Here I Am
Mar 11, 2010
Earth
✟1,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I was living with a man much older than myself, in sin, and together we decided to live a clean life as christ would want it and marry. We asked for forgiveness for our previos sin and are living in a faith based marriage now. Does god care about the age difference ina man and woman if they are living in a faith based marriage?

Not at all, I am aware of no reason or biblical passage that references a large age difference as a bad thing (though I am sure this does not apply to pedophiles). As long as you are both adults and follow God's word, you are doing well.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Age difference in a marriage would not, itself, go against anything in the core Christian faith. There are some circumstances where such a marriage could be wrong in God's eyes, such as a case where someone is not of legal age, or someone marrying a wealthy elderly person just for the inheritance. If you are part of a loving, Christian marriage, I'm sure that God is smiling down on you both.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No.

Upvote 0