Teaching (no posting) Wonderful facts about the apostle Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Peter agreed on grace too. He knew that the prophets looked for it. The Spirit of Christ was about grace, as per the verse. Grace was an awesome manifestation, and appearance.

1 Peter 1:10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, 11 inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This it the true grace!

1 Peter 5:12 By Silvanus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you, exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it.

Silas was of Paul and Peter, he was a prophet. A prophet witnessed peter and Paul.:)

Reactions: Optimax
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It was quite an honor for Paul to be given the ministry of grace came through Christ, and was given to Paul. The grace was hidden prior, as I will show soon.

Acts 20:24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God

Acts 26:16 But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you,

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Men in other generations, did not know what Paul was given, even the OT prophets just saw a glimpse.

Eph 3:5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
As a steward of grace, Paul knew this only came by revelation, it has to m, it is grace, not from man. And it was a honor to have an ancient mystery given to Paul, by rhe Lord!

Eph 3:2 assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3 how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Part of the mystery was that gentiles were in the same body, as the Jews were, and this mystery would not sit well with the Jews, not all, but most. The same body, and it did not come by law, but via the gospel. It says promise in 3:6, and Abrahamic word.

Eph 3:6 This mystery that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Paul was actually bringing something to light, that god Himself had hidden, yet in due time, gave it to Paul.

Eph 3:9 and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages God who created all things,

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This grace is shown through the church, not the law, not a religion, nothing of man, or time and space.

Eph 3:10 so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.

That is where the glory is revealed, for all generations...

3:21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Grace forever, not an old Cov, grace!

As Paul said in chapter 2, the coming ages would be about grace, that id the eternal thing from God, that never has it's glory fade, like the old cov did.

Eph 2:7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed Paul was given mysteries, here is a huge one, our hope of glory is Christ in us! It was another mystery the God hid, but gave to his humble servant, Paul.

Col 3:26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. 27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If Paul were here with us in the flesh, he would be fighting the MJ doctrine big time! The people from James are still here! People are still afraid of them as Peter was, because it is a carnal intimidation. (fearing)

Gal 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Paul's election as the master teacher, shows that God is impartial, after all, as we know, Paul was not lover of the church prior to conversion, but God used that all for the glory of Himself. God would mold Paul into the master church builder!

1 Tim 1:13 though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, 14 and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 15 The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. 16 But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Though Paul totally relied on grace, we must know also, that he had his own backbone, and did not back down, from the devil, false apostles, liars, no one. Jesus was of grace, but who could deny that he did not have backbone? Yet Jesus was afflicted, it is a strange paradox to know where we end, and God begins. Hard to always know, was it me or him? I guess we are so one with Him, we can't always know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It must have felt strange for Paul to go into the synagogues, those meetings that he knew from his youth, yet we too experienced that strange feeling when we got saved,m and saw our old contemporaries from our ole life, just one of those strange events that happens to us all. Your old friends were at odds with you, overnight.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Paul pulled no punches though..he said it loud and clear...only Jesus freed from sins, not the law of Moses! That was a big statement in the synagogues, said to those who would not believe, the "scoffers", but good to see that some Jews did believe in Acts 13 though....

Acts 13:38 Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39 and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses. 40 Beware, therefore, lest what is said in the Prophets should come about:

41 “‘Look, you scoffers,
be astounded and perish;
for I am doing a work in your days,
a work that you will not believe, even if one tells it to you.’”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Paul suffered from the synagogue leaders, he received the highest amount of lashed allowed to be given, or ordered by the synagogue leaders. This verse fulfills what Jesus told Ananias in Acts 9, Paul must suffer for the Lord.

2 Cor 11:24 Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus warned about the synagogues..

Matthew 10:17
Beware of men, for they will deliver you over to courts and flog you in their synagogues,

The demons were in some synagogues, those who beat Paul were demons.

Mark 1:39
And he went throughout all Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and casting out demons.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Paul did stand before kings, it;s in Acts 26, king Agrippa. And he stood before govenor Felix in Acts 24, and Festus in Acts 25..

Mark 13:9
“But be on your guard. For they will deliver you over to councils, and you will be beaten in synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them.

As Jesus said it would be about Paul, the chosen instrument would indeed stand before kings.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.

Seems like Jesus also had Paul on his mind when he said that in the Gospels.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.