Women Serving Communion?

Do Women Serve Communion in Your Church?

• Yes, they do, and I don't have a problem with it.

• No, they don't, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if they did.

• Yes, they do, and I have a problem with it.

• No, they don't, and I'd have a problem with it if they did.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a word-for-word copy of a poll that is running in the Restoration Movement subforum right now. I wanted to get some opinions from some other non-denominational believers as well.
---

Before I started attending my church, I had never seen women serving communion in any church I'd ever set foot in. But in my church, women and men serve communion alongside each other every Sunday.

I was a little weirded out at first (more from being shocked than from having any problem with it), but now I'm so used to it that I don't give it a second thought. Unfortunately, I haven't seen women serving communion in any other church I've been inside.

What are your thoughts?

rosiecotton

Veteran
Mar 6, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Women don't serve communion in our church. This is the 'official' statement of why:

"While there is no specific biblical teaching on this matter, the elders of Central Christian Church believe that two principles from 1 Corinthians 10 and 11 are relevant to this policy.
The first principle is the distinctive doctrine of Christian liberty, which holds that both men and women are free to serve as God calls them. Acts 2 reveals God's intention to pour out His Spirit on all people, both men and women, for the purpose of equpping them to carry out His ministry on earth. Central Christian Church is committed to this principle and will continue to encourage men and women to seek God's guidance on how He may be leading them to serve in His church.
At the same time, the elders believe the second principle, which holds that our liberty may need to be limited, should condition this first principle by the culture in which we live. We must be sensitive to the accepted practices, conventions, and traditions of our culture so that we do not unnecessarily create social turmoil at the risk of hindering the Gospel.
Therefore, upon request to the elders, this policy may be reexamined through soliciting from the congregation what practices, conventions, and traditions are important concerning the serving of communion. This solicitation would be accomplished through our normal Heart-to-Heart meetings. In order to measure the degree of disruption or acceptance that would likely result from changing the tradition of only male members of the church serving commuion, the elders would only rely on a vast majority in favor of changing this tradition.
Central Christian Church is highly appreciative of the service its women provide through ministry groups and personal avenues and encourages all women to seek service to the Lord through these avenues."

Sorry for such a long reply. In short, no women don't serve communion in our church, mainly because there would be some people that would complain because they think only men should do it. I don't agree, but it's really not that big of a deal to me.

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible give no specific direction on this point.

Since serving communion in no way places a woman in a postion of spiritual leadership over a man I see no problem with this.

Our church does not have women serve but that is simply because our custom is for the Deacons to do this and we believe Deacons are to be men.

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟44,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I am apart of them we help serve them b/c we are ushers and I don't have a problem with it and God doesn't look at whether we are a girl or boy. He just looks at the heart your soul and spirit. Nobody in our church has a problem with it someone wrote decons do it there is such a thing as deconness which are girls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justinstout

Teaching God's Goodness
Feb 20, 2005
Georgia, USA
✟1,843.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lonelyflower said:
I don't understand why there would be a problem, I never knew there were churches where they were not allowed...

It's probably mostly here in the United States. There's a lot of stupid traditions here that don't line up with God's Word. There are many churches that don't allow women to hold any positions of leadership. Many of the "Baptist" (normally Fundamentalist Baptist) churches don't allow women to serve in leadership positions. They also don't allow women to wear pants or short hair (only long dresses and long hair).. and not much make-up. lol. Yeah, it's pretty bad.

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟44,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
justinstout said:
It's probably mostly here in the United States. There's a lot of stupid traditions here that don't line up with God's Word. There are many churches that don't allow women to hold any positions of leadership. Many of the "Baptist" (normally Fundamentalist Baptist) churches don't allow women to serve in leadership positions. They also don't allow women to wear pants or short hair (only long dresses and long hair).. and not much make-up. lol. Yeah, it's pretty bad.

There is I guess it depends were you live, I never been a church were woman didn't help sometimes I see more woman doing it than men all depnds on who is there. Wow! That is soo different from my church we believe in come as you are, God doesn't care so why should, somethings they do like short dresses and skirt thy will give you a sheet if you were to walk in like that. They also don't care about the hair long, short, medium vall are fine. I didn't know churches cared so much about that stuff.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.