1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please help us test our new CF PrayPal app available right now in the Google Play store for Android devices. The iPhone app should be available within the next few days. If you would be so kind to also add a review for it that would be great! Thanks!

Just Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women responsible for sodomy?

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by dad, May 31, 2009.

1. genez

genez Contributor

Faith:
    Christian

The rationale is like this ... "blame it on the banks. its their fault... if they did not keep everyone's money there, they would not tempt some to rob them." "Thou shall not tempt!" Its their fault I robbed them."

That has been the kind of logic that has run throughout this thread. Its one of the most confusing, as far as trying to form a logical position. Blame the women for sodomy? Blame the banks for keeping so much money for bank robbers. Its the bank's fault! And, some here appear to be arguing seriously for this!

This thread (to me) is really nuts! I feel like I have been invited to a bad party and am trying to find a way to leave early. :)

Grace and peace, GeneZ

2. guest21

guest21 Bridge Builder

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Pagan
    The non-christian had to post three separate arguments in order to draw Dad's attention beyond his close-mindedness. There is nothing wrong with believing in Jesus, and I admit that each person's path is his own. If it's right for you, then so be it. The issue is when self-appointed preachers take up one side of an argument, and fail to accept any opposition.

In another corrolary, I wish you well, Dad. I send you the brightest blessings, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. ^_^

3. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    The women in an advanced society is the focus here. And, since we are talking about a majority of women, or something of that nature, and magnitude, men can't be the cause.

Sodomy, therefore, in many cases in a society like that, would be caused by supply and demand. The lack of supply due to the deliberate sin of the woman, and the demand, that is God given, because sex is a need. Therefore, like stealing bread, if a man is denied, when he commits adultery, or even sodomy, or uses a paid prostitute, etc, the woman that caused effect is also to blame.

4. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Obviously rape is not something I ever mentioned, or thought of.

1 Cor 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: ..

The wife has not power over her own body, but the man. Her body, notice, is not in her power, but his.

The right thing is for a woman to take care of her man. That is righteous. Withholding is not. It is selfishm, and dangerous to society, and the family.

It all depends who slaps you on the cheek. There is no need for a man to put up with that. Not in a marriage, or at work. If she does that, any effort is wasted on her, 'making her feel like loving'..! Feel like it or not is not an issue!

5. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    First, I will answer him.

"Okay, so here's the kicker. When Jesus commanded women to love thine husbands, he also commanded men to love thine wives. This means the man is expected to be as courteous to the woman's needs as she is to his. If the woman isn't in the mood, the man is expected to accept it!
    No. A woman is expected to not have to be in the mood. His need is not determined by her moods. Is he in the mood to go to work? Is he in the mood to help with the kids? One need not be in the mood for many things that are a necassary part of life!

A man does not love a wife, by allowing her selfish whims to control the household, and him, and kids, and all things.

But at the same time, to be courteous to the man, she is expected to satisfy him. Paradoxical, but this leads way for the couple to compromise (in a happy marriage), get into a fight (unhappy), or one is forced to succumb (marital rape). Not in a Christian marriage. They don't rape. There are compromises to be made, but having needs denied fo no good reason are not among them, neither would that be love.

I spent an hour reading your bible to find this solution. Check John and Romans. Don't remember exact verses, but the proof is in there.

No, I spent years, and context and other verses are also important. Keep working on it.

"

Now, to address you. Firstly I do not much care what an unbeliever thinks he has come to understand. They are wrong. If you think an unbeliever's opinion (based apparently on a 1 hour study) is the measure of what is on or off the path, I have news for you. No. It sure isn't.

6. MamaZ

MamaZ Guest

Women deprive men because they are not loved as commanded by the Lord so it is the mens fault that they deprive men. Men seem to think that they can just look at a woman and command sex and this is their right. So if we go clear back to the root I would say it is the mens fault. Men caused what they lack today. :)

7. MamaZ

MamaZ Guest

:clap:

8. LJSGM

LJSGM Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Why do you leave out the fact that he tells the wife the same thing that she has power over his body as well?

I just wonder, do you think that It's not considered rape if you force your wife to have sex with you because you believe she doesn't not have power over her own body?

Cause that is not what these verses are saying.

And what is the right thing for a man to do to his wife?

I wasn't refering to wives, I was giving an example of something righteous that is harder to do then to lash out in anger.

It is an issue because God never intended for women to be used by men. He intended for a man to give to a woman what she needs as well, in that they both fullfill each others needs. Sex is an act of love, not just act of relieving yourself on your wife.

I have the feeling that you are saying all of this due to your low opinion of women. Do you see women as manipulators and controllers by nature?

9. LJSGM

LJSGM Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    From the same article

10. MamaZ

MamaZ Guest

Women could come on here and blame men also. LOL. Doesn't mean that it is truth. Just another blame game which Gods eyes see's into the very heart of man.

11. LJSGM

LJSGM Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Except no one has once yet agreed with you this whole thread, would you even listen to other christians? probably not.

The reason you are so way off is because you do not hear what God has to say and are unteachable.

12. guest21

guest21 Bridge Builder

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Pagan
    I never said it was solely based on a 1 hour study. I said I undertook that study to strengthen my case. I'm sure the "years" you have spent were all fruitful, but realize that I have lived in a Christian home my entire life. My parents are happily married, and my father never once said he was in charge of my mother's body. Nor did he act on that principle. And I have studied the subject before, many times this past year even. The pastor at the church I regularly attend has focused on "a Christian household" as this year's centerpiece. Wives, love thine husbands. Husbands, love thine wives. This brand of sexism you display is the worst -- disguised in a religion that you have twisted the meanings of to your own benefit.
    And yes, you were talking about rape. Christians do rape apparantly, at least if they act as the 'ideal' partnership you have illustrated. Women are not a sex toy to be taken advantage of to prevent homosexuality, or for any reason. These 'needs' you say men have are sinful desires at best! "THOU SHALT NOT LUST". In your marriages, every time it is said in some form by both: "I will honor and obey, in sickness and in health, through rich and through poor, until death do us part".
    My threefold law prohibits me from wishing misfortune or harm to any person, lest it should occur to me thrice. In reading the hate and selfishness you display, you have forced me to seriously consider living with those consequences if it were to put an end to your filth.
    I don't care if you admit fault, as I said earlier, what's right for you is just that. Nothing more. I only hope you can find a creative outlet for your apparant hatred of females before you harm more than youself.

13. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    The removal of women from the natural use pool was not able to be caused by men. If a couple is Christian, and married, there is no need to command sex. It is a given already. And God commanded that. Not men.

14. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Because that is both obvious, and not an issue. A man may not deny either.

No, I think no such thing. I think that as long as she is the wife, no such problem can exist. If she leaves her station, her duties, her contract is broken.

A man should love her as himself. A man that loves himself is not going to deny himself food, or sex.

That is their natural use, actually, and why they are here. He never made Adam another man. He made a woman for him. It was not good to be alone.

Great. Not sure why you think this is news, but is seems pretty basic to me.

No.

Point?? Who has what, where?

No worries I am saved. So??

So???? This has what to do with what? Point?

15. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    I listen to them if they have a bible case.

16. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    They could try. I simply deduce the cause of some things in a Sodom like state of advanced sin. Looking at the women's lib (so called) of this age, and how so many women are off the market of natural use, and deduce that that is a cause of some reactions in men. If we take away the ying, we end up with too much yang, so to speak.

17. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian

It is not I that is sexist. A husband in no way has a lack of love for a wife if he accepts that withholding is not godly, as the bible says. I can't imagine why any 'man' would put up with it.

In no way is that remotely close to being related to a cousin of the truth.

Utter nonsense, that God given needs are somehow evil. Woman was made for the man, not man for the woman.

I have no idea what a three fold law is. Nor do I care. God's law says a woman has no power over her own body. I agree. She doesn't, if married. No hate involved, or selfishness. Do you think God hated woman because He made woman for man?

What is right for me or you is not an issue at all, in the least way. What God says and means is all we are looking at. Do you not like His word?

I have no idea why you imagine that a real man has to harm anyone, just because he doesn't put up with modern vile affections, and unnatural artificial concepts of a sick society.

18. guest21

guest21 Bridge Builder

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Pagan
    I have no issue with your god's word, my issue is with yours. I suspect that in the years of 'study' you have undertook, none were in the accompaniment of a woman. If you are married (by some corruption of the word 'marriage'), I pity your spouse and the hell you force her through on these pathetic excuses of biblical 'law'. Luckily, it is unlikely a woman (or man, since you seem so quick to condemn homosexuality, it is possible this stems from your supressed emotions. Or even animal, as you seem to be that desperate) would accept you as a husband (or wife, seeing as it is not impossible that you are supressing your inner flame).

You said yourself that all context must be taken into consideration -- have you even considered the text that so many of us have displayed before you? Or were you so busy accusing us of not seeing your side of the argument that you forgot to consider ours?

19. dad

dad Undefeated

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Yes I consider what is said. I also consider that you haven't made a bible case. I have. Big dif.

I do not feel that Christian couples that try to obey God's word go through some living hell at all. On the contrary.

20. [serious]

[serious] 'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA Supporter

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Your biblical case relies on verses which go both ways.