Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry but, at best, this is all rather sexist,

Yep.

Please rest assured that not all Christian men feel this way. I believe that God can and does use women in ministry however He chooses.

:cool:

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing, if that's what you enjoy doing. Some women do; some men do too, in fact there are a number of male chefs.

Except that there is no one to eat them - and I hate cooking.

I don't have any kids.

I'm not a mother. I am not called to look after kids; I have been called to serve the Lord in other ways.

The original 12 were circumcised Jews for a reason too.
Sorry but, at best, this is all rather sexist, and I hope you're jesting/trying to wind me up.

God can and does call women to do all sorts of things, and always has.
Miriam, Deborah, Huldah, Isaiah's wife, Philip's daughters and others were prophetesses and gave people, men, words from the Lord; words which changed their lives in the case of Huldah and Josiah.
Esther was queen, and used by God to save the Jews from destruction. She used what God had given her - her natural beauty - to reach the king and get through to him. She even risked her life, as she actually approached him without permission, and talked with him.
Naaman was cured of his leprosy because a slave girl told her mistress about the prophet (Elisha) who could help him.
In Jesus' day, women followed him and supported him financially (Luke 8:3.) Jesus healed women, taught them and forgave them. He made himself ceremonially unclean when he allowed the woman with the issue of blood to touch him, and allowed other women to anoint him and wipe his feet with their hair. He spoke to the woman at the well, and she went back to her town and told people she had met the Messiah. This resulted in people coming to see Jesus and believing.
It was the women who stood at the cross as Jesus died, women who went to the tomb to anoint the body, and Jesus chose women to be the first witnesses of the resurrection. In the early church, women were in the upper room after the ascension, women allowed the church to meet in their homes, worked alongside Paul, carried at least one of his letters to another church, were deaconesses, deacons, teachers. They did what God called them to do, and have been doing ever since.

God has not called me to be a Minister/Pastor but he has called me to preach his word, so that is what I do. Some women do this AND look after their children. Some men may do so too; there are one parent families around and it is the father who is the single parent.
1 Peter 3
Amplified Bible (AMP)

3 In like manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,

6 It was thus that Sarah obeyed Abraham [following his guidance and acknowledging his headship over her by] calling him lord (master, leader, authority). And you are now her true daughters if you do right and let nothing terrify you [not giving way to hysterical fears or letting anxieties unnerve you].

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing, if that's what you enjoy doing. Some women do; some men do too, in fact there are a number of male chefs.

Except that there is no one to eat them - and I hate cooking.

I don't have any kids.

I'm not a mother. I am not called to look after kids; I have been called to serve the Lord in other ways.

The original 12 were circumcised Jews for a reason too.
Sorry but, at best, this is all rather sexist, and I hope you're jesting/trying to wind me up.

God can and does call women to do all sorts of things, and always has.
Miriam, Deborah, Huldah, Isaiah's wife, Philip's daughters and others were prophetesses and gave people, men, words from the Lord; words which changed their lives in the case of Huldah and Josiah.
Esther was queen, and used by God to save the Jews from destruction. She used what God had given her - her natural beauty - to reach the king and get through to him. She even risked her life, as she actually approached him without permission, and talked with him.
Naaman was cured of his leprosy because a slave girl told her mistress about the prophet (Elisha) who could help him.
In Jesus' day, women followed him and supported him financially (Luke 8:3.) Jesus healed women, taught them and forgave them. He made himself ceremonially unclean when he allowed the woman with the issue of blood to touch him, and allowed other women to anoint him and wipe his feet with their hair. He spoke to the woman at the well, and she went back to her town and told people she had met the Messiah. This resulted in people coming to see Jesus and believing.
It was the women who stood at the cross as Jesus died, women who went to the tomb to anoint the body, and Jesus chose women to be the first witnesses of the resurrection. In the early church, women were in the upper room after the ascension, women allowed the church to meet in their homes, worked alongside Paul, carried at least one of his letters to another church, were deaconesses, deacons, teachers. They did what God called them to do, and have been doing ever since.

God has not called me to be a Minister/Pastor but he has called me to preach his word, so that is what I do. Some women do this AND look after their children. Some men may do so too; there are one parent families around and it is the father who is the single parent.
Greetings my sis, at least admit my post was creative, lol.:artpalette:

good to see ya!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok ladies, what is so bad about a woman just cooking :stew::bread:?

You can make fine deserts...:shortcake:

You can take the kids out for the day and enjoy nature..:bee:..

You can look at a snowflake under a microscope, it is awesome!:snowflake:

In the winter, mom can make snowmen with the kids..:snowman:

Please try to hear:ear: what I am saying. All I am saying is, the natural maternal order is just fine, enjoy being a woman, and enjoy the tasks that mom's do:), and let the men do the task of what the apostles were called to do. There were no women apostles for a reason, the original 12 were men for a reason.

Thanks! be blessed, frog!:thumbsup:
What's so bad about women just cooking? Well.... come over and taste it if you dare, LOL. The rest: yeah that's fine for me.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not her own husband I think he means, not teaching him like being the boss over him. That they should be quiet during the service I think means they knew nothing and shouldn't disturb the service with their babbling and 'what does he mean with that?' they could ask at home.
Back in that time period the men sat on one side and the women and children sat on the other side - women would chit chat and therefore was told to be silent. Many women have lost their ministry because this has been so misunderstood. I have sat under many anointed women ministers.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0