The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm... over my heart? You don't know me well enough (at all) to make such a statement so, I'll chalk it up to, you must be having other problems?

"Over your head" are the words you used right? But I dont consider you underintellegent at all. Too often things go "over my head" (because Im not very intellegent) this I know is true of me. You can come off as undersensitive. Would it have been better had I used those words instead of "over your heart"?

It's not a matter of your being clear, it's a matter of knowing you. I don't therefor I can't comprehend what you are trying to say sometimes. That, or, I'm just not smart enough to understand your complicated view of things.

Not so easy to get someone's drift over the internet. If I knew you personally I'd probably get what your driving at.

Your right its harder to talk on the interenet, a bit harder to get to know a person too but I know it can be done.

I appologize for my choice of words and if I offended you.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
"Over your head" are the words you used right? But I dont consider you underintellegent at all. Too often things go "over my head" (because Im not very intellegent) this I know is true of me. You can come off as undersensitive. Would it have been better had I used those words instead of "over your heart"?

Your right its harder to talk on the interenet, a bit harder to get to know a person too but I know it can be done.

I appologize for my choice of words and if I offended you.
I've read your posts. You're not giving yourself enough credit, regarding your intelligence. It's hard to be clear and concise and sometimes when you are it sounds cold. It's also hard to express your emotions ... I try not to go there ... I weep daily. I have very deep emotions, they are between me and God, however.

I don't find you lacking in intelligence at all. You might read more into what I'm saying, then my intent. I'm pretty simple. Give me a tent and a fire and I'm happy. Oh, and a dog...

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honey, don't be too hard on yourself! They're identical twins.

One down? Another discovery to go?^_^

PWNEWMAN tell me you dont quack like a duck too;)

The more reasonable ones get discovered last?:p

Jokes on me eh"? ^_^

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
One down? Another discovery to go?^_^

PWNEWMAN tell me you dont quack like a duck too;)

The more reasonable ones get discovered last?:p

Jokes on me eh"? ^_^
Seriously, your humor is over my head.

Quack like a duck? I do a pretty mean Donald Duck impression. Kids love it.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be frank I think you like pjw's point of view because it meshes with yours. If he held my position I don't think you'd have the impression of him being gentle.

No I have discussed with those with whom I disagreed with and as few as they are they have a way of graciously disagreeing. They dont have that challenge or provocation in them everyone picks up in others who cannot disagree graciously. Theres a discernable difference in their "approach" which speaks to me of the wisdom from above in regards to its fruit not nessesarily needing my agreement. My agreement or disagreement with something is not the measuring rod for the fruit of wisdom in another.

Someone can have ALL (by way of) the "form of" knowledge and have not love and be nothing. So knowledge cannot (in itself alone) be an adequate ruler to measure a thing. So I regard things differently. Its "their way" that can cut off my ear to itself. Theres others who live to provoke to your spirit that you will react to them as well. Its good when we dont love isnt easily provoked but its not beyond it thats for sure.

Psalm 106:33 Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

Theres good provoking as well as evil

Heb 10:24 let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: :thumbsup:

You can sorta feel both provocations in you obviously. Heck I think the greatest temptations are in this sorta arena and the Spirit makes others evident to you.

Praise God for fruit really and Im glad knowledge isnt listed as one^_^

Upvote 0

Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:yawn:

Btw, women have been disregarding authority since the days of Adam and Eve. Literally. Who was it that ate the fruit when she was distinctly told not to?

And women being silent in church and submitting to the husband is being abused too much. I'm going to comment about this tomorrow. It's definately not what most people think Paul means concerning these things.

Can I tell you something? Ever notice in the bible that there are more commands for husbands to love their wives than wives are to submit to their husbands??? Wonder why that is? :D Think about that.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
No I have discussed with those with whom I disagreed with and as few as they are they have a way of graciously disagreeing. They dont have that challenge or provocation in them everyone picks up in others who cannot disagree graciously. Theres a discernable difference in their "approach" which speaks to me of the wisdom from above in regards to its fruit not nessesarily needing my agreement. My agreement or disagreement with something is not the measuring rod for the fruit of wisdom in another.

Someone can have ALL (by way of) the "form of" knowledge and have not love and be nothing. So knowledge cannot (in itself alone) be an adequate ruler to measure a thing. So I regard things differently. Its "their way" that can cut off my ear to itself. Theres others who live to provoke to your spirit that you will react to them as well. Its good when we dont love isnt easily provoked but its not beyond it thats for sure.

Psalm 106:33 Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

Theres good provoking as well as evil

Heb 10:24 let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: :thumbsup:

You can sorta feel both provocations in you obviously. Heck I think the greatest temptations are in this sorta arena and the Spirit makes others evident to you.

Praise God for fruit really and Im glad knowledge isnt listed as one^_^
It's also easy to read into people things they don't intend. I try not to do that, but, myself get provoked by things people say at times. Something that is not insulting to you because you are a woman may be highly offensive to me, because I'm male. Or visa versa.

For instance a woman might put her hand on my chest while she's talking to me, even pat me on the chest. No problem I'm not insulted. However, a man shouldn't do that to a woman should he? At least not in this culture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
Dont you know any other "ducks" I dont talk to?^_^
Well there's no one here that I talk to that I don't like. I think we all have diverse experiences and obviously different opinions. PJWS is cool. Definitely gets under my skin with some of the things he says, but, I think it's cause he's got a totally different experience then I do.

If my black friend George where writing here in this forum I'd be furious with the things that he says. But when I'm sitting across from him and he tells me the same thing, the inflection in his voice and the timber of emotion give me understanding of his heart on the matter. That is difficult to express on these forums, I think. So, PJWS might have said the same thing to me that I took offense at here, but if he said it to my face and were able to hear his voice and thereby read his intent better, I might have a totally different understanding.

George (my black friend) says some really racist things to me. Things that I might get really angry about if I heard someone else saying it. However, because I know the man, his history and can hear what beneath his words, the emotion, his heart, the pain, the experience, I'm able to bear it without offense. It would be impossible for him to convey the same things here on this forum.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've read your posts. You're not giving yourself enough credit, regarding your intelligence. It's hard to be clear and concise and sometimes when you are it sounds cold. It's also hard to express your emotions ... I try not to go there ... I weep daily. I have very deep emotions, they are between me and God, however.

I don't find you lacking in intelligence at all. You might read more into what I'm saying, then my intent. I'm pretty simple. Give me a tent and a fire and I'm happy. Oh, and a dog...

It dont bother me much regarding it. I know you mean well in a goodwill gesture toward me, its kool.

I definately wouldnt expect everyone to express their "emotions". That which is first pure then peacable in the meekness, love and gentleness of Christ are those things "out of which" we have our conversation. But talking "about our emotions" is not always talking out of those I dont think anyway^_^ Out of the heart the mouth speaks.

Speaking of which... I find really interesting because a lying tongue "hateth" those who are actually "afflicted by it". How oddly worded is that? Theres that "I SAY (in word) "I love GOD" but the "hating" ones brother is in "the deed" ("the deed" is "the works") and that can be shown in ones "conversation".... Who is wise and "endued with" knowledge? Let him SHEW ~OUT of~ a GOOD conversation "his works" with the meekness of wisdom. How kool is that?:idea: Wisdom opens her mouth and "a law" is there (the law of kindness) is "in her tongue".

Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

No wonder a wholesome tongue is "a tree of life" :thumbsup:

Ever do a tongue study?

It always blows my mind ^_^

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:yawn:

Btw, women have been disregarding authority since the days of Adam and Eve. Literally. Who was it that ate the fruit when she was distinctly told not to?

And women being silent in church and submitting to the husband is being abused too much. I'm going to comment about this tomorrow. It's definately not what most people think Paul means concerning these things.

Can I tell you something? Ever notice in the bible that there are more commands for husbands to love their wives than wives are to submit to their husbands??? Wonder why that is? :D Think about that.

You noticed that too?^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks PWNEWMAN God bless you as well:thumbsup:

I guess it does sorta look like I have a bunch of kids dont it?^_^ Nah, we just had one little girl. They are all pics of her.

She has since passed on to be with our Lord but she most certainly cant be in better hands:thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind words

Peace to you bro

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was trying to think, maybe you are just being ironic here 2duck . But your continuous insistence throughout this debate on refuting points that didn't bear any resemblance to what was being said, I really believe you are serious, that you really do think you 'have a knack for getting to the heart of the matter' and that you really do understand what people mean better than they do themselves.
Not all people just some people.
How can you tell?

and I believe my characterization of what they say is totaly accurate, and their denials totally strange.
I think you should get some help here.

ex. I say dresses are for women and not men. they say in response, "i wear a saronge and I"m a guy." or "guys wear kilts" I conclude from that that they are justifying men wearing dresses because of thier assertion that men wear kilts and saronges. , They conclude that there response to my assertion that men shouldn't wear dresses has no relevancy to my assertion. this is the typical really wierd thing i deal with over and over in debating with people.
The conversation was about dresses being used as a form of social control on women, it was you and JWN who brought up the question of men wearing dresses.

When I say 'dresses are for women" they should say "yea right on, you got it dude." then they are agreeing with me.
But we don't agree with you, not because we believe that skirts and dresses are for men too, but because we believe dresses are not the only acceptable fashion for women and because they should not be forced to wear dresses in church as a form of social control.

or they should give examples of men wearing dresses which would disagree with me.
But just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean it is for the reason you think. You have to listen to the reasons people give for disagreeing with you, and what they say that actually believe, rather than thinking if they disagree with you it must be for what you think is the only other option.

This is actually the one area where there was some sort of agreement, that it is not the construction of the cloths that is intrinsically masculine or feminine as sarongs and kilts show us. No one is suggesting men go into the local boutique and buy a pink flowery dress for themselves there.

guess which option they choice? yet they say "we didn't say men can wear dresses." totally blows my mind ,,
Because your imaginary view of what they think has just been contradicted by what they actually think. You need to get over the shock and try to understand what they are saying, rather than retreat back into an illusory view that you can really understand what they mean better than they do.

How can you guys do that and keep a straight face? Then you guys look at me like I'm some kinda wierdo cause I figured your response to my assertions had something to do with my assertions. really really really strange.
No we look at you that way because you are not dealing with our responses but a fantasy version of our responses.

then why bring it up when I say dresses are for women and not men? remember the pic of the pres in a dress brought up cause I said dresses are for women not men. no relation to anything I said right?? man i can't believe this.
No. It was brought up because you asked if Tony Blair wore a dress.

You addressed this to Karen, because she had talked about cultures where the men wear kilts or sarongs, without looking feminine in them.

all i said was dresses are for women and i get all these things about men in kilts and men in saronges and pictures of famous men in dresses, and I'm not suppose to take that as anyone trying to prove that men should wear dresses and cause I did I'm so dumb right?
No not dumb, living in an delusion where you refuse to accept we not saying something we tell you we are not saying. But as long as you think you understand our meaning better than we do, you will keep having this problem.

twillight zone time folks.
Exactly. It is time for you to get out of it.

I noticed all the men ran for cover when I asked them what dress they were wearing lol. kinda put a screetchin halt to them tryin to prove men should wear dresses when it got personal.
Yep, you really pwned this fantasy land version of what we think, completely undermined all the arguments you gave us in you imagination.

Except, we never were trying to prove men should wear dresses.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
But we don't agree with you, not because we believe that skirts and dresses are for men too, but because we believe dresses are not the only acceptable fashion for women and because they should not be forced to wear dresses in church as a form of social control.
This is weird. Social Control? If a lot of men starting wearing dresses would those who objected to it be trying to use social control? If so would it be wrong? I'm sorry but I'm not going to associate with a guy who walks around wearing a dress. That's not social control, it's my conscience objecting to the behavior. Same as if I saw a man beating a woman, or people having sex in public. It's my conscience crying out.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks PWNEWMAN God bless you as well:thumbsup:

I guess it does sorta look like I have a bunch of kids dont it?^_^ Nah, we just had one little girl. They are all pics of her.

She has since passed on to be with our Lord but she most certainly cant be in better hands:thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind words

Peace to you bro

Fireinfolding

Those pictures are precious, now I won't be able to look at them without tearing. I suffered a similar loss... for which I weep daily, but, am also comforted by the Spirit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.