Women Are Still the Most Discriminated Against

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catlover

Of course not, you are probably a grandmother now, or soon to be. You have already fulfilled your position.

As far as women who do not become mothers the most honorable thing for them is to become a celibate devout. In fact that is considered almost more honorable than motherhood. A woman who rejects both of these , however, is not living honorably.

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Fortunately such archaic philosophy will be dead, it may take more than a 100+ years but many women know they are more than ovaries and a uterus...

Upvote 0

ERice2nd

Oct 7, 2006
Michigan
✟16,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fortunately such archaic philosophy will be dead, it may take more than a 100+ years but many women know they are more than ovaries and a uterus...

hehe :) thats very true :).

anyone who thinks women are just for making babies does not know anything about women at all. there is so much to a woman, many many facets and I dont claim to know it all so I wont list any :), I will leave that for you (the reader) to discover :).

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

anyone who thinks women are just for making babies does not know anything about women at all. there is so much to a woman, many many facets and I dont claim to know it all so I wont list any :), I will leave that for you (the reader) to discover :).
trust me, women don't know how many facets they have either
^_^
(& not all of them are good ones either) ;) :p

Upvote 0
C

catlover

or that person is a misogynist because the individual is stating a woman is merely a depository for sperm....

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
or that person is a misogynist because the individual is stating a woman is merely a depository for sperm....
the only way to correctly combat those views is to
claim that the man is good for nothing except providing
for her every need

:holy:

Upvote 0

rcorlew

Serving His Flock
Aug 21, 2008
Missouri, the show me state!
✟16,657.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, here I go on this:

Are women equal to men? No
Are men equal to women? No

God made men with certain distinct traits, God also made women with certain distinct traits. Why? Glad you asked, because He knew that it would take both working in a partnership to make things work. I give this example, men are good at taking on one very big task at a time, while women can juggle 100 smaller ones without dropping any one of them. I used this analogy one time which garnered much positive response from the Sunday School class; A man can build the house, but it takes a woman with all her abilities to make the house run.

I think the problem with discrimination is multi-fold:

1) Men look at women in a non-christian manner (sexually speaking)
2) Certain women in their promiscuity seem to continually foster point 1
3) People do not appreciate the differences between men and women
4) People have bought into the lie that woman has to have it all to be a woman
5) People do not appreciate the natural abilities of a woman

I could go on almost infinitum, but alas I will not.

My wife and I have been married 15 years and she has both stayed at home with the kids and all that goes along with that, and like now, has worked outside the home. She has told me repeatedly the she has never felt less pressure, more appreciated, and more at peace with her whole situation as when she was staying home with the family.

I thank God he made men and women differently, the world would be a wreck and never remember to do anything if we were all built like men, and if we were all built like women it would take much longer to build houses trying to use a high-heeled shoe for a hammer.

Yeah that last part was humor, but we seriously need to embrace our differences as being God given for a reason, then we would not look down on any one, for any reason!

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I help my husband remodel our house and I do use as many tools as he does. He looks after the children and helps run the house. Neither of these things are a sin for us to do. It is what we as a couple have chosen is best for us. You might advise couples if you want in what you think is best for them, but do not make up laws, rules and regulations on the matter. God never asked you to do so, and what you are essentially doing it loading up burdens on peoples backs that are not nessesary, just like the pharisees did.

Upvote 0

ERice2nd

Oct 7, 2006
Michigan
✟16,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I help my husband remodel our house and I do use as many tools as he does. He looks after the children and helps run the house. Neither of these things are a sin for us to do. It is what we as a couple have chosen is best for us. You might advise couples if you want in what you think is best for them, but do not make up laws, rules and regulations on the matter. God never asked you to do so, and what you are essentially doing it loading up burdens on peoples backs that are not nessesary, just like the pharisees did.

I agree with this :). in my readings of the bible, I have not found where it restricted women or men in anything except in the matter of going to church. plus the appearance of a woman and how she should make herself up and such. a woman should dress modestly and be quiet in church and all of that stuff :). now I am all for a woman speaking up and saying whats on her mind. seems to me God talked directly to Eve and wanted to hear directly from her. but he spoke to the Man first so that tells me the God does hold a man accountable for his household, woman included.

but in no way does that give a man the right to treat a woman like dirt, or a slave, or disrespect her in anyway, she is a creation of God as is he. with the breath of life breathed into her from the nostrils of God (minus the boogers ;)). but women are to be respected as God respects her, just like he asked Eve "What is this you have done?" he didnt talk down to her as you would a dog, he asked her, gave her the chance to defend her actions, treated her as a human being who understood that God was sovriegn over her. but notice that Adam did not say anything to her or God while God was talking to her, I think this is important too, maybe its over anylyzing but Adam seemed to understand that the woman was talking with God and he did not want to speak out of turn.

women are equal to man in God's eyes, but still different, as was said before in this thread, women and men are built differently for different reasons and can perform different tasks so that they may come together as a team and work towards the same goal. Men focus on one big job at a time, and women can multitask many smaller jobs, each one of them does what has to be done and they accomplish great things when they respect each other and work together happily :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Men tend to be physically stronger. Women are usually more emotional than men, to name a few. What you think men and women are exactly the same? There are similarities, there are differences (generally speaking).

"Tend to be..." I agree men tend to be stronger, but so what? I know many women that are stroger than many men. Do you really contend that tending to be stronger is a God given trait of some signifigance? OK, you're stronger. You can do the heavy lifting.

So those guys who punch holes in the wall when their team blows it are less emotonal than women? The dudes who paint their chests in team colors and scream on national TV - less emotional? Men and women express emotions differently and over different things, that doesn't make men less emotional.

Upvote 0
M

MarkSB

Men and women express emotions differently and over different things, that doesn't make men less emotional.

There you go. :) In whatever manner they are different, men and women clearly behave differently (generally speaking)

We of course have a lot in common, but there are also traits and tendencies which are more common to one gender than to the other, by my observation.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There you go. :) In whatever manner they are different, men and women clearly behave differently (generally speaking)

We of course have a lot in common, but there are also traits and tendencies which are more common to one gender than to the other, by my observation.

So, let's say men and women are different... so what?
Do they obtain salvation differently? Do they have seperate Gods? They both sin, don't they?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Tend to be..." I agree men tend to be stronger, but so what? I know many women that are stroger than many men. Do you really contend that tending to be stronger is a God given trait of some signifigance? OK, you're stronger. You can do the heavy lifting.

So those guys who punch holes in the wall when their team blows it are less emotonal than women? The dudes who paint their chests in team colors and scream on national TV - less emotional? Men and women express emotions differently and over different things, that doesn't make men less emotional.
The fact that he listed one is the point -
men ARE stronger than women naturally. Sure if some female
wants to hit the weights & turn into a body builder, she can
be stronger than some other men...
but naturally, that isn't how we're made.

Women also naturally bear children - men don't.

I don't know why we rebel against the facts that we are not the
same. & women ARE more emotional on average.

Another thing I notice is that when women have issues, they run
to talk about them w/ everyone else. Men mostly go into their
caves and hibernate instead of talking them out.

I glory in our differences - on many occasions my husband has
used his traits which have helped in different ways becuz I'm
just not like him in the way I do or approach things,
and vice versa.

Women were created from the man, as his helpmate. How much
help does one offer when they are identical in every way??

Even scripture calls the woman the "weaker vessel".

Why can't we admit that women are different & be good with it?
:confused:

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, let's say men and women are different... so what?
Do they obtain salvation differently? Do they have seperate Gods? They both sin, don't they?
The bible is very clear on equality.
While we are Equal AS HUMAN BEINGS, we are NOT equal
in our differences & capabilities.

I think we need to understand what equality means in GOd's
book, not the PC world's book who rebels against God's authority
and design.

Even in the Godhead there is spiritual order of authority.
The Father is "head of Christ" - does that make Christ any less
God?
Christ is head of the man, and the man is head of his wife.
This is about spiritual order of authority, not equality of being.
2 parents are head of their children; does it make their children
any less equal as human beings?
No, they're equal as human beings, they are just not equal in
capability or authority.
Kids can't do what adults can (physically or mentally) -
but they are equally valued.

:)

Upvote 0

ERice2nd

Oct 7, 2006
Michigan
✟16,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The fact that he listed one is the point -
men ARE stronger than women naturally. Sure if some female
wants to hit the weights & turn into a body builder, she can
be stronger than some other men...
but naturally, that isn't how we're made.

Women also naturally bear children - men don't.

I don't know why we rebel against the facts that we are not the
same. & women ARE more emotional on average.

Another thing I notice is that when women have issues, they run
to talk about them w/ everyone else. Men mostly go into their
caves and hibernate instead of talking them out.

I glory in our differences - on many occasions my husband has
used his traits which have helped in different ways becuz I'm
just not like him in the way I do or approach things,
and vice versa.

Women were created from the man, as his helpmate. How much
help does one offer when they are identical in every way??

Even scripture calls the woman the "weaker vessel".

Why can't we admit that women are different & be good with it?
:confused:

and design.

God?
2 parents are head of their children; does it make their children
any less equal as human beings?
No, they're equal as human beings, they are just not equal in
capability or authority.
Kids can't do what adults can (physically or mentally) -
but they are equally valued.

:)

These are both good posts :)

I agree with both of them fully :). What they say makes a lot of sense and pretty much describes how I see it as well :). we are not equal in ability, but we are equal in value to God, after all, Jesus died for all of mankind, which means the whole human race, men, women, and children alike. we are worth more then many sparrows :) hehe. thats what Jesus said.

(kinda difficult to think of Jesus using humor since his message was so serious, but that last bit I find a bit humorous because of who he was talking to and the way it was said, as if the people he was talking to should have known better anyway :) )

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These are both good posts :)

I agree with both of them fully :). What they say makes a lot of sense and pretty much describes how I see it as well :). we are not equal in ability, but we are equal in value to God, after all, Jesus died for all of mankind, which means the whole human race, men, women, and children alike. we are worth more then many sparrows :) hehe. thats what Jesus said.

(kinda difficult to think of Jesus using humor since his message was so serious, but that last bit I find a bit humorous because of who he was talking to and the way it was said, as if the people he was talking to should have known better anyway :) )
lol ya huh.
(then again sometimes I like animals more than people with the
ways they act.
Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings:
"the more people I meet, the more I love my dog" ^_^)

But I think the church is letting the world reprogram us instead of us
reaching the world.
This PC'ism is a cancer eating thru Christians.

It's no wonder to me that during the tribulation time spoken of by
Jesus, that He says the deceit will be SO strong that if He didn't
shorten the day, even the elect would be deceived.

We have got to get our heads out of this world & back onto
Christ-minded or Christ-centered thinking again.
We're letting this world corrupt our thinking & reasoning
and I was starting to be guilty of it myself in some areas of my life.
Time to get back on track here.

:preach: lol

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

and design.

You're the one who keeps talking about equality. I'm concerned with the proper relationship between women and God.

God?

NO!!! There is one God and one mediator between God and humans, and it's not anybody's husband, it's Jesus Christ. I love and respect my husband greatly, but I can talk directly to God and He can, and does, talk directly to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.