Women are desperate for Zika abortions

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
http://nypost.com/2016/02/17/women-are-desperate-for-zika-abortions/
Pregnant women in Latin America who are scared of giving birth to babies disabled by the mosquito-borne Zika virus are clamoring for abortion pills — which are mostly illegal in their countries.

Some of the mothers say they’ve already tested positive for Zika, while others express fears of contracting the disease that has been linked to microcephaly, which causes undersize heads and brain damage.

The women from countries like Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru and El Salvador have been sending hundreds of emails to Women on Web, a Canada-based group for women seeking abortions in countries where it is banned, the Washington Post reported.

Laws against abortion differ from country to country — with El Salvador banning it outright, including for cases of rape and incest, while others, such as Colombia, permit it when a fetus displays signs of a severe deformity.
I cant really blame them.

Reactions: Blondepudding

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they are Christians and truly trust in Christ for all things temporal and eternal then they should not worry. This coming from a father who was told his son would have serious defects at the scheduled sonogram. The first place me and my wife went to after the report was to pray with our unit Chaplain and his wife.

@Vicomte13 ping

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cant really blame them.

I am about at pro-life as one can get, but I also try to be pragmatic. This is a tough case. I understand the motivation here and I can't blame them for their concern either.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If they are Christians and truly trust in Christ for all things temporal and eternal then they should not worry.
@Vicomte13 ping
If this was the case. They should have never got Zika virus, while they were pregnant. I'm wondering about their disabilities. And would it be more humane to end the pregnancy. Or can they tell what the significant brain damage in the ultrasound.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If this was the case. They should have never got Zika virus, while they were pregnant. I'm wondering about their disabilities. And would it be more humane to end the pregnancy. Or can they tell what the significant brain damage in the ultrasound.

Well that's the point. They don't know until the baby is born AFAIK.

There are thousands of babies born with all sorts of disabilities even in the US. Most strive to overcome and in doing so become our best citizens.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am about at pro-life as one can get, but I also try to be pragmatic. This is a tough case. I understand the motivation here and I can't blame them for their concern either.

It does not pass the sniff test at all.

"We are concerned our babies may be deformed." So they pre-emptively kill them.

Makes no sense at all.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Makes no sense at all.

I understand that, and I agree with your sentiment. The issue where I hesitate concerns positive identification of those who have contracted the virus. Maybe I just don't know enough about the virus and when it becomes apparent to form a proper response. I have been pro-life for many years, but during that time I always acknowledged there do exist a few limited medical conditions in regard to which one may be justified.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2009
✟8,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought Dr. Mercola had an interesting take, and information on the possible cause of the birth deformities. The virus might not be to blame for what is occurring.

Propaganda Machine Takes Aim at Zika Virus

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/02/16/zika-virus.aspx

excerpt:

...How Does U.S. Explain 25,000 Microcephaly Cases Annually — Without Zika?
In the U.S., approximately 25,000 infants are diagnosed with microcephaly each year.77 Brazil has about 70 percent of the population the U.S. has, and now reports just over 400 cases, 17 of which tested positive for the Zika virus. So is this reallythe global emergency it's being made out to be?

And more importantly, is Zika virus really responsible for these birth defects? Colombia reports that 3,177 pregnant women have tested positive for Zika virus, yet no cases of microcephaly have occurred.78

The evidence suggests implicating Zika virus may be a matter of convenience — leaders of the public-private partnership between industry and government are quickly blaming the rise in microcephaly on disease-carrying mosquitoes in order to sell more GE mosquitoes, to sell more toxic insecticides, and to have an excuse to develop and sell more vaccines.

All the while, they are keeping hidden some of the most likely culprits — poor nutrition and toxic environmental exposures like pesticides, as well as vaccines given during pregnancy when the fetus is most susceptible to harm. By throwing up a convenient veil in the form of Zika-infected mosquitoes, business can not only go on as usual, but grow and expand profits to boot.

I have no immediate answers to this problem, other than a firm suggestion, and that is to put on your thinking cap and assess the situation based on what the actual evidence shows, and do not just go by the sound bytes regurgitated by the talking heads. Sooner or later the insanity must end.

We cannot expect a healthy infant and child population when pregnant women are assaulted with toxins at every turn. And MORE toxins is NOT the answer! This really should be self-evident.

For all intents and purposes my review of the available evidence strongly suggests that the Zika virus is just another fabricated threat designed to support even further use of profitable but unproven and highly ineffective products like vaccines. For a quick list of some of the most common toxic threats to avoid during pregnancy, take a look at this infographic. For more healthy pregnancy tips, please see my "No-Nonsense Guide to a Naturally Healthy Pregnancy and Baby."

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought Dr. Mercola had an interesting take, and information on the possible cause of the birth deformities. The virus might not be to blame for what is occurring.

Propaganda Machine Takes Aim at Zika Virus

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/02/16/zika-virus.aspx

excerpt:

...How Does U.S. Explain 25,000 Microcephaly Cases Annually — Without Zika?
In the U.S., approximately 25,000 infants are diagnosed with microcephaly each year.77 Brazil has about 70 percent of the population the U.S. has, and now reports just over 400 cases, 17 of which tested positive for the Zika virus. So is this reallythe global emergency it's being made out to be?

And more importantly, is Zika virus really responsible for these birth defects? Colombia reports that 3,177 pregnant women have tested positive for Zika virus, yet no cases of microcephaly have occurred.78

The evidence suggests implicating Zika virus may be a matter of convenience — leaders of the public-private partnership between industry and government are quickly blaming the rise in microcephaly on disease-carrying mosquitoes in order to sell more GE mosquitoes, to sell more toxic insecticides, and to have an excuse to develop and sell more vaccines.

All the while, they are keeping hidden some of the most likely culprits — poor nutrition and toxic environmental exposures like pesticides, as well as vaccines given during pregnancy when the fetus is most susceptible to harm. By throwing up a convenient veil in the form of Zika-infected mosquitoes, business can not only go on as usual, but grow and expand profits to boot.

I have no immediate answers to this problem, other than a firm suggestion, and that is to put on your thinking cap and assess the situation based on what the actual evidence shows, and do not just go by the sound bytes regurgitated by the talking heads. Sooner or later the insanity must end.

We cannot expect a healthy infant and child population when pregnant women are assaulted with toxins at every turn. And MORE toxins is NOT the answer! This really should be self-evident.

For all intents and purposes my review of the available evidence strongly suggests that the Zika virus is just another fabricated threat designed to support even further use of profitable but unproven and highly ineffective products like vaccines. For a quick list of some of the most common toxic threats to avoid during pregnancy, take a look at this infographic. For more healthy pregnancy tips, please see my "No-Nonsense Guide to a Naturally Healthy Pregnancy and Baby."

The abortion industry is always looking for new markets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Makes no sense at all.
If they are completely brain damage, then I don't see the point of them living. If my child would be severely brain damage. I would see no problem terminating a pregnancy.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they are completely brain damage, then I don't see the point of them living. If my child would be severely brain damage. I would see no problem terminating a pregnancy.

Does not seem they know until after the birth of the child. I'm sure you do not support terminating a child after live birth.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Does not seem they know until after the birth of the child. I'm sure you do not support terminating a child after live birth.
I'm pretty sure this can be diagnosed in the womb, with ultrasound or the likes.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought Dr. Mercola had an interesting take

Gonna have to stop you right there. Notice how the article you quoted throws up the claim that it's "toxins" without a shred of evidence, and tries to claim "conspiracy" with no basis? Notice how it cites absolutely no sources? This is kind of a theme with Mercola. The man's a quack.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If they are Christians and truly trust in Christ for all things temporal and eternal then they should not worry. This coming from a father who was told his son would have serious defects at the scheduled sonogram. The first place me and my wife went to after the report was to pray with our unit Chaplain and his wife.

@Vicomte13 ping
Talk is cheap if you're not the one threatened with a special needs child today.

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anyone have some good data on how likely the Zika virus is to cause this defect? And is the defect detectable?
AFAIK, it's not actually a proven link... yet. It's still in the realm of "strongly suspected".

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure this can be diagnosed in the womb, with ultrasound or the likes.

Perhaps in more developed countries. The nations in question I doubt such extensive sonogram technology is available to the poor and low income. I say this because there are huge differences in the US.

First son had a sonogram in 1999 while I was stationed in Virginia. The resolution was fascinating down to seeing 'dimples' on his face individual toes, fingers etc. Still images of spinal cord and brain, heart, internal organs.

Second son I was stationed in Oklahoma and the sonogram was crap. I could see my son's form and some detail but the machine did not offer still images of the functions listed above. Entirely different machine low tech and it was 2004. It was like looking through old 70s night vision goggles.

My point? I doubt the 1999 technology sonogram is even supported in Latin America. Maybe to the wealthy and upper middle class but not for the lower income citizens.

Upvote 0