Women and Tzitzit's

Tzav

No fetuses were harmed by this membership.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2014
✟36,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Only my second post on CF, but this thread caught my eye. Yes, I have worn tzitzit for a number of years now. I wear them on a talit katan, wearing them daily, even to work (I work for a church). They were a necessity for me, but it took years for me to decide to wear them.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If you are not Jewish, I don't think it proper to use the magen david icon.

As you know, in Judaism women do not generally (excluding some that are in the liberal branches) wear tzitzit. Is it common among Noahide women to wear them? And kippahs?

Upvote 0
M

MikhaelDavid

I don't have an ethnic ounce of ethnic Jewish within me, but I am a firm believer in Torah Law even among the Gentiles that are grafted in. As such I wear Tzitzits and I make mine in the pattern of the Karaite Jews with the blue thread and the chain of braids...

I am also a firm believer that women are to wear them as well, as it calls for the "children of Israel" and does not say "men". This means all who are part Israel including men and women and the children of believers.

Though, I have yet to convince my wife to wear them. Not because she is a woman but there are a few things (a very short list) we disagree over, and Tzitzits is one of them. She believes they were ceremonial law and thus abrogated for all. I am still patiently guiding her and teaching her regarding the subject.....

Upvote 0

Shoshana bat Noach

Daughter of Noah
Jan 23, 2015
Sunny Old England!
✟15,196.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

As you know, in Judaism women do not generally (excluding some that are in the liberal branches) wear tzitzit. Is it common among Noahide women to wear them? And kippahs?

I'm sorry. I will change it to "other religion" ASAP. Thanks for telling me!

A lot of Noahides discourage the wearing of tzitzit amongst both men and women as we are not obligated in the 613 mitzvot. However, it is common for non-Jews to don tallit gadol in synagogue, and if that is the prevailing custom I see no reason why Noahides shouldn't be allowed to wear tzitziot- preferrably a distinctly Noahide version like in the colours of the rainbow.

Upvote 0
A

aniello

I have yet to don tzitziot (is it kosher to make your own?) but I do cover my head while praying as a sign of respect for Hashem and sometimes wear a kippah for this purpose.

Shoshana,

ChavaK is correct.

Thank you for changing your icon symbol out of respect for us.

Welcome and I hope you will experience a positive learning opportunity here, though I think such is doubtful.

Upvote 0
D

Devorim

Hi family, I have a question for the women here. Do any of you wear Tzitzit's and if so, what do you wear them on? Thanks! I'd like to hear from you all. I'd appreciate it alot.

Myself, I wear them. Who else does or doesn't?

I wear them. I have a tallit gadol I wear at home only when in deep, set-aside prayer, but I don't wear it outside of my room. When I retire, and have time to think more about all this, and to study, who knows -- some things may change. But this? I don't know. Probably not.

I wear my tzitzit on tallit katanot that I made, using shirts I adapted for that use. I used to be very heavy, and because modesty was very important to me, before I started wearing tzitzit, I usually wore a shirt under my blouses. I had thought that when I lost weight, and that was no longer necessary, I would stop that, but I still wear these. It was just natural to put my tzitzit on the corners of these shirts.

Upvote 0

catsareawesome

Crazy Cat Lady
Apr 30, 2015
✟7,656.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have a ladies tallit with the tzitzyot on them. Actually 2 of them. One is a light peach chiffon and the other is a white crochet one, and the tzitzyot are on the corners. I only wear them to shul and when i'm praying or at the Wed night Torah service.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I have a ladies tallit with the tzitzyot on them. Actually 2 of them. One is a light peach chiffon and the other is a white crochet one, and the tzitzyot are on the corners. I only wear them to shul and when i'm praying or at the Wed night Torah service.

Those sound lovely. Do you have any pictures?

Upvote 0