There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can only imagine that the shape is the result of the die pattern for that particular light assembly. Four points gets you a cross. Five, a pentagram. Six would yield a Star of David.

Would attaching lights to only four points within the light assembly, instead of five, be acceptable to these people, despite the decreased visibility of the light, because a four-light pattern would accidentally resemble a cross?

Would increasing visibility (and student safety) by adding a sixth light to the assembly be unacceptable because a six-light pattern would accidentally resemble a Jewish symbol?

Upvote 0

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I would also point out the following:

1. Satanists have no copyright on a star.
2. Neither do they have one on a pentagram which was actually used by the ancient Pythagorean philosophers.
3. Christians even used the symbol to represent "the wounds of Christ."
4. You can find calligraphy in the shape of pentagrams in mosques too.
5. This is , probably inadvertently* too, simply a star as there is no glowing ring of lights around to it to make a pentagram (as someone pointed out)

* got the rorschach inkblot thing going?

hmmm... Don't we have stars on the flag? Duhn, Duhn, duhn!

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Apparently, she seems to be going after this strongly based on people attacking crosses. Does anybody know of any buses that had crosses on them which were taken off?

Nope, and nor do I know of any buses putting discreet religious symbols on their small back red lights. Ohhh, don't look at the small red lights children- they may lead you on the wrong path.

Upvote 0

God's Child

Psalm 23
Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
MHWinter_zps066c8f9f.jpg

This is just a reminder to stay on topic and to remember to address the post and not the poster.​

Mod Hat Off​

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Has anyone pointed out that a pentagram is merely a five-point star made with connected lines - which is at times used as a religious or spiritual symbol. It has been used in Christianity to refer to the five wounds of Christ (head, hands, feet) as well as the five joys of Mary. It has been used to represent the five elements in both the Greek symbolism and Chinese symbolism. And has, yes, been used to represent "magical" and occult themes as well -by Agrippa and onwards to LeVey in Satanism.

The pentacle is the symbol with a circle surrounding it. This being, not satanic, but Wiccan/neo-pagan in origin, with magical purpose. As well, it is commonly seen in the Tarot as a symbol of the divine as matter/the spiritual element.

Just nitpicking...sorry...it just bugs me when people can't get the two right. They do mean different things.

Also...this is silly. People need to get a hobby or something.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Check it out, I snapped this pic of the cab car on the Metrolink I rode one morning on my way to work. I guess this confirms the Satanic conspiracy.

image.jpg

I actually thought it was pretty cool so I took the pic and put it on Instagram. ^_^

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Check it out, I snapped this pic of the cab car on the Metrolink I rode one morning on my way to work. I guess this confirms the Satanic conspiracy.

View attachment 134121

I actually thought it was pretty cool so I took the pic and put it on Instagram. ^_^
that is pretty cool, all this just makes me wounder if some place does sell car lights that reflect pentagrams.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 134121

That train (??) is taking those passengers straight to hell dontcha know.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That train (??) is taking those passengers straight to hell dontcha know.

I have to admit, I might think twice about riding that train. :D

I'll never forget getting food from the drive-thru at McDs and my total came to $6.66 and the clerk said "oh we can't have that" and gave me a discount. ^_^

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Makes me think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VIECzlFVUM

or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAF57_91Gb0

I'll never forget getting food from the drive-thru at McDs and my total came to $6.66 and the clerk said "oh we can't have that" and gave me a discount. ^_^

Ah man, I got a $6.66 bill at Chik-Fil-A recently and they didn't do anything. I thought they were supposed to be good Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Isn't that sort of superstition something that Christians are supposed to avoid?

Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't get damned by seeing a symbol or being charged a certain amount of money. I don't think eternal security gets wiped out by things we see around us. Although I certainly don't like what pentagrams etc stand for. I wouldn't wear jewellery with an occult symbol because its dishonouring to God and also I don't want to get a demon from it. Christians can get demons from things. That is the real concern here.

Upvote 0