Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
No environment i know of encourages putting babies into ovens.
Ya.. I was trying to figure out what the heck that meant.....

Anyone find out anything more on this? What kind of monster would put a kid in an oven like that? You have to be beyond screwed up.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is clearly an issue of the culture and environment this woman grew up in that does not encourage personal responsibility.
So she was raised in a horrible environment. Meaning people abuse her, taught her wrong. They did many illegal acts, without paying for it. Someone said she was acting weird. When this was happening. So A possible mental defense.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seems to me there must be religion involved in this for someone to do such a horrible thing to a child.. I've seen this story posted on several websites but no mention of religion anywhere.. Its always there when this kind of thing happens...
I'm not getting why this would be because of religion. Maybe she has Christian roots. But I don't see why it made her do this.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Woman puts 2yr old in Oven

She better hope she doesn't get this judge...............

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not getting why this would be because of religion. Maybe she has Christian roots. But I don't see why it made her do this.
I don't understand the connection either.. but I stated in another thread on this forum, that every time we see one of these horrible occurrences of child neglect, abuse, or death or some other nutty crime by some crazy person who does something really wacky, there always seems to be a religious connection.
I've been paying attention to this very fact for years and in every single case, I find religion.. Usually its just a photo of them with some religious jewelry or sometimes a tattoo or a neighbor who mentions the perp in their church on the news.. But there it is, every time.
I'm still looking for it in this particular story.. haven't found it yet.. but as news media websites post different info, it will show itself sooner or later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems to me there must be religion involved in this for someone to do such a horrible thing to a child.. I've seen this story posted on several websites but no mention of religion anywhere.. Its always there when this kind of thing happens...
Ridiculous conjecture.

But perhaps often eagerly suggested by the media....

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Ridiculous conjecture.
I used to think the same thing until I started paying attention to it...
Please feel free to do some research on the mass shootings in the past 20+ years.. Religion in every one of them.. sometimes its more difficult to find, sometimes its right up front.
Kid just died from meningitis in Canada.. parents had photo of dad reading bible to an infant..
Some lady let her newborn freeze to death in a garage in Michigan.. facebook page shows a t-shirt with "Blessed with"..

I haven't found the religion with the Uber driver guy yet however.. that just happened a couple weeks ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
It's (made) popular to portray believers as idiots.
"We should mock them, in public."
I haven't seen that.... but if you do, any idea why that might be? Or who's doing it? I've never heard this idea before and certainly haven't seen or noticed it.
I guess there are some funny instances like politicians claiming stupid things based on religion, but not the media in general reporting on normal people..

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In many movies the religious person is the scary crazy one.
They love to show us how crazy believers are.
Maybe you will recognise it from now on.

The quote was from Richard Dawkins by the way.
He is popular and used as a model for reason and knowledge.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Before i found truth in Christ i thought believers were idiots too.
Why? Because of the media, because i knew nothing about it.
I believed those 'idiots' were fooled by religious fascism and false teachings from a book that was concocted to suppress them.

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
In many movies the religious person is the scary crazy one.
They love to show us how crazy believers are.
Maybe you will recognise it from now on.
Ah.. yes, that I recognize and I'd have to agree. When you said "the media", I was thinking of journalistic websites and such things.
So.. any idea why these Hollywood movies portray it in the way they do? Think there's any truth to it?

Upvote 0