Woman and child victims in hit and run - by a horse and buggy

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
http://www.9and10news.com/story/309...amish-buggy-crashes-into-car-driven-by-mother

"It jumped up on top of the car and then they just kept going afterward."

A bizarre hit-and-run left a car damaged and a pregnant woman and her son terrified.

It was all caused by a horse and buggy.

A woman and her five-year old were driving home when an Amish buggy veered out of the oncoming lane, running right into and on top of her car.

But the buggy didn't stop ... the horse kept going.

The hit-and-run happened around 6 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 3 on Bard Road south of M-61 near West Dale Road in Gladwin County. [Michigan]

9&10's Cody Boyer talked to the woman behind the wheel about the terrifying experience.

----------------------------------------------------

Victoria Ulrick says the Amish buggy seemed to come out of nowhere.

It smashed into her car, then disappeared... buggy, driver and all.

"I don't even remember seeing the buggy," Ulrick says. "All that is pictured in my head is that big horse pretty much coming right at me."

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.9and10news.com/story/309...amish-buggy-crashes-into-car-driven-by-mother

"It jumped up on top of the car and then they just kept going afterward."

A bizarre hit-and-run left a car damaged and a pregnant woman and her son terrified.

It was all caused by a horse and buggy.

A woman and her five-year old were driving home when an Amish buggy veered out of the oncoming lane, running right into and on top of her car.

But the buggy didn't stop ... the horse kept going.

The hit-and-run happened around 6 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 3 on Bard Road south of M-61 near West Dale Road in Gladwin County. [Michigan]

9&10's Cody Boyer talked to the woman behind the wheel about the terrifying experience.

----------------------------------------------------

Victoria Ulrick says the Amish buggy seemed to come out of nowhere.

It smashed into her car, then disappeared... buggy, driver and all.

"I don't even remember seeing the buggy," Ulrick says. "All that is pictured in my head is that big horse pretty much coming right at me."

Look close at the car. Rust, and paint gone, maybe just basic transportation. She says the horse got spooked. I live wher we have thise Horse and buggies a lot. I have seen people zoom by at 70 mph+ passing on hills and getting the horse really spooked. Most always those in horse and buggies are doing all they can to keep the horse calm. I have never seen a drive of a car as polite as the people who drive these buggies. I believe the woman got spooked and did something she isn't telling. Amish people often have their buggies hit by speeding cars, and the horse killed. Some get seriously injured. they don't usually sue for damages.

I have a friend who has a horse and two person buggy. Recently a car ran off the two lane highway, hit his fence, tore up about 50 feet of it. Knocked out his mail box. she promised she would pay for damages. he helped get her car out of the ditch, made sure she was ok, and she went on her way. A few day later an insurance investigator came out. She said his mail box was sticking out to far and made her swerve and she went off the road. My friend fixed the damage and never got even a thank you.

I think there is more to this story that what it appears.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Look close at the car. Rust, and paint gone, maybe just basic transportation. She says the horse got spooked. I live wher we have thise Horse and buggies a lot. I have seen people zoom by at 70 mph+ passing on hills and getting the horse really spooked. Most always those in horse and buggies are doing all they can to keep the horse calm. I have never seen a drive of a car as polite as the people who drive these buggies. I believe the woman got spooked and did something she isn't telling. Amish people often have their buggies hit by speeding cars, and the horse killed. Some get seriously injured. they don't usually sue for damages.

I have a friend who has a horse and two person buggy. Recently a car ran off the two lane highway, hit his fence, tore up about 50 feet of it. Knocked out his mail box. she promised she would pay for damages. he helped get her car out of the ditch, made sure she was ok, and she went on her way. A few day later an insurance investigator came out. She said his mail box was sticking out to far and made her swerve and she went off the road. My friend fixed the damage and never got even a thank you.

I think there is more to this story that what it appears.

i agree that there is more to the story.

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you are trying to "get off the road as much as possible", why would you turn your car sideways in the road? That is getting as far into the road as possible.

Well you see that horse jumped up about five feet on the top of the car, with the buggy still hooked up. Then the horse and buggy drove off. I know a little about these buggies, their bottoms are fiberglass, sides are very thin plywood and sometimes a cloth top. I do not think a buggy would hold up to such a crash. Me thinks I smell a dead fish somewhere. Oh, I was wrong it was horse crap on the top of the car. Oh no! Look again, a little closer, it's the drivers crap. This would have sacred the crap out of me too.

Upvote 0