delaD3

Oct 24, 2016
pacific
✟15,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was once a witness with not full truths but only half truths and so when I learned that what I was sharing was not the fuller truth, I had to put my ideas away. I put aside the part time evangelizing for the better Truth fuller Truth. I did not like the idea of sharing only half truths or part truths without full disclosures of why I was sharing what I was sharing. Even today, I am not fully full as far as the Truth is concerned. And still yet, I hear many topics which are discussed and even spread forth which may only be 'half truths and part truths' which even I had partaken of in the past.

For myself, who has the right to be lawful if I want to, receiving anything important and letting it skim over my heart and mind so as to make myself feel better and cleaner about my life is only a half truth to myself. I am only telling myself a half truth of who I am as a person when I choose to let the skimming happen and still call myself 'upright' and 'just.' I feel as if I am a liar when I do that and I feel as if I am sharing my lies with others if I chose to 'evangelize' with. And so I put it aside.

But getting to the point of even seeing that 'things' were skimming right over my heart and mind took learning and an active looking into certain matters. And now, I look to my future life and wonder how I am going to get by with my current mind set.

Should I forget everything I learned about the 'fuller Truth' so I can re-live the whole digging and looking into certain matters life? And I can't really let the rest of God's Word be put on the back burner to pick up 'salary'. So I am at a kind of 'crossroads'. Nothing dangerous or impeding. And so, as I started my Christian life, I continue.

But nonetheless, it is strange of how I was so skimmed over many years of my life.

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eject your current mindset, preferably into the sun. The only things you have to do are (1) be obedient to God, (2) get to know God through Scripture, and (3) learn how to be yourself.

#3 is the hardest. Keep striving to know Jesus better through Scripture and your actions, and Jesus will fix any half-truth issues. Recognize when you are altering what you are saying because of pressure to not get hurt (rejection of you or your words). Let yourself be hurt and cry about it later, especially to God. You'll (eventually) discover you are less rejected that you thought you would be. As long as you involve God (and perhaps ask him explicitly) he will make you stronger.

There's an important witnessing technique that can rescue you from any situation. Whenever the subject comes up, I urge people to learn it. I call it the, I Don't Know method. When someone asks you a question you don't know the answer to, say these words: "I don't know." You can practice this in front of the mirror until you have it down, although I must warn you that it is easier to practice than to put it into actual use.

If I was a pro, I'd call this a pro-tip, but I'm not, so here's an Amateur-Tip: Share your beliefs and feelings and share neither what you know or what are facts. There are things we all "believe" that we can't logically explain. You are permitted to believe in things you can't prove (which is most of everything we say, actually), and there is no such thing as a wrong feeling (unless you should be in psychotherapy).

But stay on the path of knowing Jesus better.

Upvote 0