Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you do when you are telling something that God did through you without looking like you are bragging, but just wanting to witness. Example:

Some years ago I went to this restaurant in Dallas and the waiter came to my table, I did not know him - he ask me to help him pray for their cook who had cancer. He said the owner of the restaurant gathered all the employees around that morning and prayed that they could all contribute enough to send him and his family to Fla to Disney World before he died.

I told him that I worked for a major Airlines and I would give him the tickets. Now can you imagine what a witness that was to the employees that prayed just that morning for this very thing.

Now fast forward years later - I flew out of Dallas this past week and went back to my favorite restaurant - the waitress was very nice and we were chatting - I told her the story of what happened and she was so touched - I ask her if the cook had passed away - she went back to the kitchen and ask and there was one guy there that remembered it all. (the cook did pass away)

So as I was eating, here comes a huge salad - free - and after I ate - here comes a huge desert - free.
I told the waitress that I only told the story because it was such a beautiful way that God works in our lives and I did not expect any favors from them and she said she knew that but they were so touched by it that they wanted to show their appreciation for my obiedence. I told her I did not do it - it was the little waiter that ask me to help him pray.

Now I appreciate the free favors, but always feel bad because I feel like they might think I am bragging - but I only want to witness how God blesses us and how He works through His children.

How do you handle it?

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello There:wave:

There are a million scriptures about sharing what the Lord has done for you, E.G

2 Corinthians 10:17
"Let he who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Who gets the glory out of the bragging, you or the Lord? If the glory goes to the Lord, you should brag more:)

Im so glad Jesus set me free!

God Bless You

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There is nothing wrong with bragging like that.
It is the enemy that trys to trick us into thinking that it is evil kind of bragging, or that people will just laugh at you, and things like that.

There are examples of Jesus healing people and telling them to go tell others what awesome things the Lord has done for them. There are also examples of Him telling them not to say a word.

There is not enough people talking about God, and that's what the devil wants.
There is a lie that you should never talk about religion in public.

Upvote 0

soap

Psalm 40:2
May 24, 2005
✟57,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the intent of your heart is to brag (and you should have a check in your spirit before you speak it), then don't say it....and take it to prayer. Our righteousness is as filthy rags, but it is the Lord's righteousness that we carry.

If the intent of your heart is to give glory to God, go for it!

Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.

1 Chronicles 16:8-9

There are always the attacks that come when you witness. If you are fearful of what man may think of you, and this is keeping you from speaking, then it is a snare. (see Proverbs 29:25)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What do you do when you are telling something that God did through you without looking like you are bragging, but just wanting to witness. Example:

Some years ago I went to this restaurant in Dallas and the waiter came to my table, I did not know him - he ask me to help him pray for their cook who had cancer. He said the owner of the restaurant gathered all the employees around that morning and prayed that they could all contribute enough to send him and his family to Fla to Disney World before he died.

I told him that I worked for a major Airlines and I would give him the tickets. Now can you imagine what a witness that was to the employees that prayed just that morning for this very thing.

Now fast forward years later - I flew out of Dallas this past week and went back to my favorite restaurant - the waitress was very nice and we were chatting - I told her the story of what happened and she was so touched - I ask her if the cook had passed away - she went back to the kitchen and ask and there was one guy there that remembered it all. (the cook did pass away)

So as I was eating, here comes a huge salad - free - and after I ate - here comes a huge desert - free.
I told the waitress that I only told the story because it was such a beautiful way that God works in our lives and I did not expect any favors from them and she said she knew that but they were so touched by it that they wanted to show their appreciation for my obiedence. I told her I did not do it - it was the little waiter that ask me to help him pray.

Now I appreciate the free favors, but always feel bad because I feel like they might think I am bragging - but I only want to witness how God blesses us and how He works through His children.

How do you handle it?

Thank the Lord for HIS favor and don't listen to the devil telling you different. I see nothing wrong with what you did and apparently they didn't either.
thecook.gif

Upvote 0

rushingwind62

Debi1967 is the love of my life!!!!
Sep 24, 2005
Green Valley, IL.
✟10,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How do you handle it?

Blessings come from being obedient and sharing what God has done in your life. I am like you, I don't want to brag. When someone blesses me like that I do just what you did with that waitress, give God the glory.:thumbsup:...May God bless you for your humble and meek spirit, Sharon....your brother in Christ...Rob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IKTCA

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2003
✟18,959.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
How do you handle it?

Please forgive me for digging this thread up from Page 3.

SharonL:

Thanks for the beautiful testimony.
After witnessing for the Lord, you examined your heart if any part of the witnessing was from pride. I can see your heart is set right before God. Please pray for me so that I can have your humility.

Rupert

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please forgive me for digging this thread up from Page 3.

SharonL:

Thanks for the beautiful testimony.
After witnessing for the Lord, you examined your heart if any part of the witnessing was from pride. I can see your heart is set right before God. Please pray for me so that I can have your humility.

Rupert

Thank you so much for your kind words - I guess my humility comes from selfishness - :blush: I'm paraphasing here - but the Word says something about if you do something for someone and brag about it - that is all the reward you get - but if you do it and only God knows about it you will get your reward.

But the Word also says to talk about God and the things that go on - so I guess there is a fine line between bragging and humility and I truely do want to tell about it because I want people to see how Great and Good our Lord is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.