✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ACougar said:
Thebian is in dozens of books that you can buy off the self at any local book store. Ozzy Osborn even coded messages in it for his "Diary of a Madman" CD booklet. You can download the font at Fontica.com, it's all over the place and hardly a secret.

Someone realized she was a Witch and/or Wiccan, decided they didn't like that and decided to intimidate her. Could have been Christian, Satanist, Jew, Muslim, Pagan, there is no way of knowing...
I get the fact that the information is out there and you can buy it fairly easily or get it from the internet but the truth is that christian who's this bothered by someone in area being witch isn't going to probably go learn how to write in language they would view as being an occult language.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The fact is.. such an action would not be commited by a good Christian, Jew, Muslim or Pagan. Acts like this are commited by people who have no religion, or who do not understand thier own religion.

CyberPaladin said:
I get the fact that the information is out there and you can buy it fairly easily or get it from the internet but the truth is that christian who's this bothered by someone in area being witch isn't going to probably go learn how to write in language they would view as being an occult language.

Reactions: EbonNelumbo
Upvote 0
H

Helo

CyberPaladin said:
I while I will admit you right you probably could easily find out internet I don't know the kind of christian that would throw a rock through your window trying to scare you into leaving the community I don't think would learn a langauge like that. The kind of Christian that use these style of intimidation tactics probably view language as being a devil language.
They exist, trust me, they exist

The Theban alphabet is NOT some horribly complicated language that only super secret witches and pagans know. Its a letter substitution script that ANYONE can do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theban_alphabet Its not like a whole other language that has little nuances and trick spellings. I have NEVER studdied Theban script but with that list, I could sit down and translate a whole book of it without ever knowning how to write it. All you need is the list of subsitutions and you can read/write anything in Theban

My guess it was someone who takes thier status as a fluffy a bit more seriously than others or someone who wants it to look like it was done by annother Pagan/Witch.

Upvote 0
H

Helo

It seems kinda dumb that someone would write a note in that language, she claims that its used almost exsclusively by witches. And the investigator thinks its probably someone in the local pagan community who doesnt like her, well that doesnt really leave alot of suspects.

If it was a fellow pagan, I would be VERY supprised, as thier methodology was such that it would have saved them time just painting I DID IT on thier forehead.

Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ACougar said:
The fact is.. such an action would not be commited by a good Christian, Jew, Muslim or Pagan. Acts like this are commited by people who have no religion, or who do not understand thier own religion.

Amen. I agree with that and feel it was very well put...
Unlike certain comments I heard from a knowledgable member above.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I used to get in the middle of Wiccan/Pagan/New Age fights when wholesaling Tibetan imports on the west coast. Las Vegas alone had 22 covens at the time. The disputes were over membership and money (many open small shops or sell at street fairs as a side line to their regular job). Not saying feuding is specific to pagans. This is human nature. If Southern Baptists purchased what I hawked and had shops competing with each other, I have little doubt I would have seen similiar disputes. Nearly all I did see were petty and no one got hurt (except emotionally). Made the mistake of inviting one coven over when a new shipment from Nepal arrived (they surprised me as they all worked at a hospital. They came in hospital garb with pentagon charms..dangling form their necks....yikes!). That didn't set well with the others and started some more feuds.

Had over 125 accounts and not one store ever told me they were harrassed in any way by Christians (and they would have told me. I spent more time listening to their tax/zoning, personal and competition problems than I did pitching merchandise). Perhaps this was someone out to get pagans. But, if I had to bet, I would bet on an intra-pagan feud.

Upvote 0
H

Helo

It doesnt make sense that it would be a community thing, and Im not saying this because Im pagan trying to cover the possible mistakes of someone in my faith, I would say this were I ANY other faith.

The language used in the letter is easy to work with and ANYONE can use it if they have a key. The letter makes it look like it was done by a pagan/witch but that narrows down the suspect list considerably, then whoever it was doesnt like her, again narrowing it down to probably a few people. Its as good as signing your name to the letter.

And yes I am aware that pagan groups can often have alot of internal conflict, one of the reasons I stay solitary is that exact one. Pagans/Witches are very individualistic and when you get alot of people together who like doing things thier own way, bad things happen.

Im still not convinced it was someone from her pagan community, I have a reasonable doubt

Upvote 0