• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wish I knew what happened

Survivor1288

Jun 10, 2015
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So in my previous post about my testimony you will have read about my trauma...but to me it doesn't seem very traumatic...it was like one day I woke up with PTSD with no rhyme or reason to it. I mean some people say, "Oh I got my PTSD from being raped." or "I got mine from combat." I say, "I got mine from high school" See how that just doesn't sound right?

So I think that I am blocking out some memories and I am just completely clueless as to what actually happened...

Has this happened to anyone else?

pure4u2

Jun 11, 2014
Canada
✟17,549.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm the same, I've had a traumatic life but didn't call it like that. Just had a lot stuff happen to me and what I've gone through. You should read my post on here about it. It wasnt a certain situation where I discovered ptsd, it gradually caught up with me! I'm here if you want to talk :)

Upvote 0

Survivor1288

Jun 10, 2015
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm the same, I've had a traumatic life but didn't call it like that. Just had a lot stuff happen to me and what I've gone through. You should read my post on here about it. It wasnt a certain situation where I discovered ptsd, it gradually caught up with me! I'm here if you want to talk :)

I will definitely take a look at that! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi. You are an intelligent young lady. Your story wsa very well written.

You have a number of issues that really require a trusting, wise relationship with someone with experience, healthy Christian concepts and a caring heart. There are no 'quick' fix' or religious 'formulas' that will give you what to do need.

John
NZ

Reactions: Survivor1288
Upvote 0