Wilma upgraded to MONSTER cat 5 (worst ever)

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
crazyfingers said:
Even if I believed in a god, which I don't, I would still have to say that it makes no sense.

This is a biblical response.

If one does not believe in God, there is no way that they would ever understand the things of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ginny said:
I am not saying that one disaster over another was divinely sent.

However, I can tell you one thing. There is a wrath of God. If you don't believe so, then read the Bible. In the tribulation period, there will be wrath upon wrath sent in which millions of people will die-good people, too!..... and let me guess, the same people will be saying that "oh, God would never do such a thing"....guess again.... God is in control of everything....and this is a direct prophecy from the Bible that will be fulfilled. He has the power to stop things from happening if He so chooses.

As Christians, we are not doing ourselves any favors by blindly thinking there is no wrath of God or that he does not allow for bad things to happen for whatever reason....reasons we may never know. What if we, as Christians, learned later that as a result of a tragic event perhaps 300 or 3000 people were saved?

I find it quite scary that individual after individual says if a natural disaster comes "naaah, it's not the end....we've had these for thousands of years"....Soooooo, at one point then do you think you would come to face up to the fact that signs are truly in place for the Second Coming?

I firmly believe while everyone is sitting around in front of their computer carrying on about how good the world is and it's just nature with the world falling down around them at the same time....Jesus will not be far from his return. But yet...everyone seems to speak as if they are a personal advisor to the Lord Jesus Christ.... very interesting. :scratch:
I affirm there is a Wrath of God. I affrim he is the ultimate authority over everything. However, for a person to say that it is the wrath of God that is doing this without a divine revelation is lie because they are trying to say that it is reality that is when they don't know. Also, the way we prepare for the coming of Jesus is by encoarging faith and living for him today. I think that as Christians we should concentrate on living for him rather than getting to tangled up on end times. Let the worries of today are enough for today.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
dvd_holc said:
However, for a person to say that it is the wrath of God that is doing this without a divine revelation is lie because they are trying to say that it is reality that is when they don't know.

:thumbsup: I totally agree with your post... but I would like to add it is as much a lie to say that it is not a wrath of God unless they have divine revelation as well.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ginny said:
This is a biblical response.

If one does not believe in God, there is no way that they would ever understand the things of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Well, even if I believed in a god I'd have to say that the evidence suggests that the bible is wrong because even strong believers don't agree on the "meaning" of these disasters

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ginny said:
:thumbsup: I totally agree with your post... but I would like to add it is as much a lie to say that it is not a wrath of God unless they have divine revelation as well.

:) The thing about is that...when people hear that it is the wrath of God and they are caught in the middle of it then it means God is likewise judging them. I would like us to just leave it at we can't judge one way or the other because it has not revealed to us. Then let us comfort those who need comfort, and be that shining light of God's love to them.

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
crazyfingers said:
Well, even if I believed in a god I'd have to say that the evidence suggests that the bible is wrong because even strong believers don't agree on the "meaning" of these disasters

And for this very reason let us stand united in charity and love because many need it. God spoke to us that we are the shining lights not by our words but our deeds. Let us not add to burdens but less the bound so that they will love and encourage love.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
crazyfingers said:

What evidence in regards to natural disasters suggests the bible is "wrong" and what does that have to do with strong believers not agreeing on the "meaning" of disasters....and if you don't believe in God, what does it matter what the strongest believer in the world says or doesn't say about all this? By what standards is a believer "strong"?

I don't understand your sentence. :confused:

The Bible speaks of end times such as this:

Matthew 24:36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
Matthew 161The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven. 2He replied,[a] "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' 3and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ginny said:
What evidence in regards to natural disasters suggests the bible is "wrong" and what does that have to do with strong believers not agreeing on the "meaning" of disasters....and if you don't believe in God, what does it matter what the strongest believer in the world says or doesn't say about all this? By what standards is a believer "strong"?

I don't understand your sentence. :confused:

I was talking only about your one bible quote above:
"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

You posted that in response to my comment that any god worth his salt would know that causing natural disasters as punishment would be pointless because people would not know that it's a punishment and would not know why they were being punished.

Your bible quote in that context appears to be saying that believers will understand but nonbelievers will not. My point is that since believers disagree on any "meaning" (Read punishment) behind natural disasters, it appears that at least some believers do not understand. And I'm not saysing which one, only that since they disagree, at least some are wrong. Maybe all are wrong.

The Bible speaks of end times such as this:

Matthew 24:36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
Matthew 161The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven. 2He replied,[a] "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' 3and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

So? I have no reason to believe any of it. In any case, I was talking about punishments, not end times, which I regard as silliness also.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
crazyfingers said:
So? I have no reason to believe any of it. In any case, I was talking about punishments, not end times, which I regard as silliness also.

I am truly sorry to hear that. You being a member of a Christian Forum.... I hope you may read enough posts about God to give Him a chance. After all, that is the intent of the site itself by allowing people of all walks of life to enter.

So be it.... moving along.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ginny said:
I am truly sorry to hear that. You being a member of a Christian Forum.... I hope you may read enough posts about God to give Him a chance. After all, that is the intent of the site itself by allowing people of all walks of life to enter.

So be it.... moving along.:)

Sorry to hear about it to. God does give all of us second chances as well as third & fourth chances. He is the God of all chances. Praying that we will enter a site that knows no hostility.

Upvote 0