Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, admins if this isn't the correct place for this I apologize in advanced. I'm wondering if any one could tell me if WLC is a Creationist or Theist Evolutionist? Can you provide me with any examples from his own words? I've come up sort on several Google searches.

Sayre

Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
✟18,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess I should elaborate, since he darts around the issue a lot and it also took me a long time to figure out what he is on about. WLC agrees that evolution is the best naturalistic explanation for the diversity of species. He believes in punctuated creationism, which is a strange beast of a doctrine where God interjects in the evolutionary process at certain times (rather than constantly) to bring about changes in species. But the overall framework is still evolution.

So I’m not convinced that evolutionary creationism is true. It seems to me that so-called progressive creationism fits the evidence quite nicely. Progressive creationism suggests that God intervenes periodically to bring about miraculously new forms of life and then allows evolutionary change to take place with respect to those life forms. But as for grand evolutionary change, this would not take place by the mechanisms of natural selection and mutation undirected by God. Rather we would need miraculous interventions of God in the process of biological evolution to bring about broad evolutionary change. So instead of evolutionary creationism, we would have a kind of progressive creationism whereby God creates biological complexity over time.

Read more: Evolutionary Creationism and the Image of God in Mankind | Reasonable Faith

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi, admins if this isn't the correct place for this I apologize in advanced. I'm wondering if any one could tell me if WLC is a Creationist or Theist Evolutionist? Can you provide me with any examples from his own words? I've come up sort on several Google searches.

Yea, he's a Theistic Evolutionist. Graduate from Wheaton and Biola and just a holy terror debating Daniel Dennet and a bunch of other famous atheists. Still he just doesn't take Genesis one literally. He quipped once that Young Earth Creationists don't take Genesis 1 literally because they don't believe the sun was created on the fourth day. Actually many of them do take that literally and as a matter of fact, the sun isn't said to have been created on the fourth day.

Any hoot, yea, he's a Theistic Evolutionist of some kind. He's still a Creationist in every way that matters to me.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0